Election Chatter Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Omg!!!
could you imagine?!?!
I'm sure they would even come up with a catchy name like Jerry's laundry...
I know let's call it gerrymandering!!
You know what could put an end to all that scheming and would be really democratic? One person one vote and get rid of the electoral college.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One person one vote and get rid of the electoral college.
Fuck every last bit of that. We are a representative republic that was set up with some of the most unimaginable foresight I have ever seen. The forefathers knew that the big cities would rule the country without the EC. The rural vote would become irrelevant. Fuck. That.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can't imagine why AM would be for that...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Omg!!!
could you imagine?!?!
You know what could put an end to all that scheming and would be really democratic? One person one vote and get rid of the electoral college.
You need to be educated on the reason and application for the electoral college system for national elections. Without it the vast majority of people in the USA would be dominated by 4 or 5 metropolitan areas.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Omg!!!
could you imagine?!?!
How the fuck would a Presidential election be gerrymandered you fantastically retarded third-world simpleton.

Cotton

Staff member
How the fuck would a Presidential election be gerrymandered you fantastically retarded third-world simpleton.
My guess is he doesn't truly know what gerrymandering is.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You need to be educated on the reason and application for the electoral college system for national elections. Without it the vast majority of people in the USA would be dominated by 4 or 5 metropolitan areas.
That makes no sense, if it's the "vast majority" they'd win the elections by a landslide without the electoral college.

Cotton

Staff member
That makes no sense, if it's the "vast majority" they'd win the elections by a landslide without the electoral college.
Yeah, you have no idea how the Electoral College works, apparently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The popular vote is not the way the national elections are determined. Perhaps the first thing you need to sort out is the difference in area elections and national elections. Popular votes determine the winner of municipal, county and state elections. This is because the majority of the voters are contained in that designated area and there is no influence to another part of the country. National elections such as the Presidential election one area could have significant impact on other parts of the country because of population density. For instance a concentrated area like New York City could outnumber maybe up to 15 sparsely populated states. That’s the reason that the areas are given electoral votes to equalize the sparse areas representation to the dense areas.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The popular vote is not the way the national elections are determined. Perhaps the first thing you need to sort out is the difference in area elections and national elections. Popular votes determine the winner of municipal, county and state elections. This is because the majority of the voters are contained in that designated area and there is no influence to another part of the country. National elections such as the Presidential election one area could have significant impact on other parts of the country because of population density. For instance a concentrated area like New York City could outnumber maybe up to 15 sparsely populated states. That’s the reason that the areas are given electoral votes to equalize the sparse areas representation to the dense areas.
So then it's not the "vast majority", unless we're talking about land mass, and then it's still doubtful since the votes are not counted by who owns the most land. What happened to "of, by, for the people"?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So then it's not the "vast majority", unless we're talking about land mass, and then it's still doubtful since the votes are not counted by who owns the most land. What happened to "of, by, for the people"?
What the actual fuck are trying to say? First off we are not a democracy we are a Republic. Hence the United States. The states joined the union on the premise they would each get representation, mob rule by the more populous states violates that compact.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
What the actual fuck are trying to say? First off we are not a democracy we are a Republic. Hence the United States. The states joined the union on the premise they would each get representation, mob rule by the more populous states violates that compact.
First off i'd like to know what you think a democracy is and why you think the US isn't a democracy
Wouldn't that mean every state would get one vote?
With just 11 states you can win, that doesn't count as mob rule?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
First off i'd like to know what you think a democracy is and why you think the US isn't a democracy
Wouldn't that mean every state would get one vote?
With just 11 states you can win, that doesn't count as mob rule?
Holy fucking shit you actually don't know we are a Republic :laff

You should heed the wisdom of better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yes. I suggest you read up on this before you embarrass yourself even more.

I guess they don't teach civics in the third-world :art
Or we just don't get brainwashed by demagogues trying to justify "winning" popular elections with a minority...
So everyone up in arms about voter fraud threatening the democracy, what?

Top Bottom