mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hell yeah, maybe he'll show some...

M-O-X-I-E !!!!!

:towel

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
To be real though, all this big talk about DiNucci is mostly bluster. I'm sure he'll go out there with some swag and throw some jump balls but at the end of the day we're trotting out Cam Erving-Connor Williams-Biadasz-Martin-Terrence Steele against Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and company.

The game will be lost right there, to say nothing of our airheaded defense.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That conservative play calling has netted them a grand total of 13 points the past two games. Most coaches would acknowledge the error of their ways and at least try to open things up. We'll see which Moore leans on Sunday night.
We’d all like to see the offense opened up. But if he didn’t do it with Dalton under center, I sure as hell don’t see him doing it with a rookie 7th rounder out of the FCS in his first career start. I think Noooch is a nice project player, but he’s still too raw barring a complete miracle.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
at the end of the day we're trotting out Cam Erving-Connor Williams-Biadasz-Martin-Terrence Steele against Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham and company.

The game will be lost right there, to say nothing of our airheaded defense.

That's likely true, but I'd by far rather lose like that than lose before they leave the locker room.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The helpless defense (at literally every level) and decimated offensive line are far, far greater issues, imo.
Completely agree. But Moore is compounding the problem with the ultra-conservative game plan.

Even if the Cowboys had a respectable defense I can't see them winning any games with conservative game plans. Gotta be able to score more than 6 or 7 points to win games.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I agree, bombs away. Who gives a shit if you throw picks. Take the shots and if it ends badly it's what we all already expect anyway. If not, maybe the game is actually fun to watch.
My thoughts exactly.

I haven't watched a complete Cowboys game since Dak's injury. I turned off the game vs Arizona after they didn't score on their first possession of the 3rd quarter. And I bailed on the Washington game early in the 2nd quarter. The games just haven't been watchable because the offense has been so inept and conservative.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
the season is lost, throw in Nucci and see what hes made of. if nothing, toss him after the season, if something, he ll be the back up next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we're 2-9 and still starting Dalton and win 3 meaningless games as we play out the string to get to 5-11 I'm going to be highly pissed off.

1bigfan13

Staff member
We’d all like to see the offense opened up. But if he didn’t do it with Dalton under center, I sure as hell don’t see him doing it with a rookie 7th rounder out of the FCS in his first career start. I think Noooch is a nice project player, but he’s still too raw barring a complete miracle.
I get all that but I just don't understand the point of playing ultra-conservative when you know your defense is historically bad. If the Cowboys had a top 10 defense that generates turnovers I'd completely understand Moore's philosophy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I get all that but I just don't understand the point of playing ultra-conservative when you know your defense is historically bad. If the Cowboys had a top 10 defense that generates turnovers I'd completely understand Moore's philosophy.
I think he's a bit up his own ass on trying to keep the defense off the field and not expose his QB to big hits behind this patchwork OL.

At some point you max-protect and let the WR's go get it.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I think he's a bit up his own ass on trying to keep the defense off the field and not expose his QB to big hits behind this patchwork OL.

At some point you max-protect and let the WR's go get it.

you would think with out WRs, that would be worth doing? seems we dont even utilize them correctly. Right now id have Gallup as our number 1 because hes doing very well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
you would think with out WRs, that would be worth doing? seems we dont even utilize them correctly. Right now id have Gallup as our number 1 because hes doing very well.
That's what's been one of the things that's been frustrating the last couple of weeks. All three of the WRs are great at making plays down the field but we're not doing anything at all to give them a shot. I get the OL has a lot to do with it but there have been quite a few passing downs where the blocking has been adequate but all we get out of the play is a 4 yard dump off to the backs and TEs.

It's also up to the QBs to trust the WRs. I wonder how much of it is on Dalton being unwilling to throw the ball to WRs who aren't completely open. Sometimes you have to trust the WR and just throw it up and trust that he'll make the play. Dalton's a vet so I trust that he understands that QBs have to make those type of throws.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom