Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Reporter: Coach Pederson, Your thoughts on rushing Jeffery to play Sunday and risk reinjury?

Pederson: Who do we play Sunday? pffffffff

Reporter writes down “...way I’m reading it is...”

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Looking forward to the Terrence Steele show again, I'm thinking the O/U for Brandon Graham sacks is 2.

It doesn't really matter at this point because our OL is a clown show, and it's not like we have to worry about Prescott playing behind them anymore, but how in the hell did Steele start the Rams game over Knight?

Knight is clearly better and yet somehow these coaches felt Steele was the one who should start.

• Angry
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
That doesn't make any damn sense. Moving Martin would fix one position leaving only one position to account for. I swear this mf'er makes me want to punt kittens.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That doesn't make any damn sense. Moving Martin would fix one position leaving only one position to account for. I swear this mf'er makes me want to punt kittens.
The only way it makes sense is if they hated what they saw with McGovern.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pressure is coming from the outside on every play. Steele is as worthless as they come. McGovern at least isn't a liability inside. And dare I say he is outplaying Connor Williams even. Get your best 5 on the field. Don't create a massive liability at OT because you don't want to move a guy out there who is actually elite.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The pressure is coming from the outside on every play. Steele is as worthless as they come. McGovern at least isn't a liability inside. And dare I say he is outplaying Connor Williams even. Get your best 5 on the field. Don't create a massive liability at OT because you don't want to move a guy out there who is actually elite.
thank you. Martin and McGovern can handle it. Fuck Steele; hes a waste of time and space.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What Jerry says makes sense when you're generally healthy on the OL, if we had Tyron-Williams-Biadasz-Martin-Collins and Collins went down you'd rather just plug RT and leave the other 4 in their normal places, rather than have 2 guys in new spots at RG and RT.

That's out the window now that we're down to 2nd and 3rd stringers so at this point you need to just get the best 5 out there because the inherent value in leaving guys in their normal spots doesn't exist because neither the LT or RT are in their "normal spots".

Ultimately McGovern is a better RG than Steele is an RT so if the point is to win games then it makes no sense to have Steele out there when Martin can seemingly play RT at a relatively high level. I just watched the Redskins all-22 and McGovern held up pretty well, especially in pass protection, and handled Payne well on several occasions.

Steele on the other hand was getting his ass whipped by Sweat pretty consistently.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
McGovern at least isn't a liability inside. And dare I say he is outplaying Connor Williams even.
Not that I've watched that closely, but he seems like he's doing okay, doesn't he? At least when I've watched he hasn't been too bad.

Do we know why they won't try Williams at T? Think think his arms are too short, I guess?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What Jerry says makes sense when you're generally healthy on the OL, if we had Tyron-Williams-Biadasz-Martin-Collins and Collins went down you'd rather just plug RT and leave the other 4 in their normal places, rather than have 2 guys in new spots at RG and RT.

That's out the window now that we're down to 2nd and 3rd stringers so at this point you need to just get the best 5 out there because the inherent value in leaving guys in their normal spots doesn't exist because neither the LT or RT are in their "normal spots".

Ultimately McGovern is a better RG than Steele is an RT so if the point is to win games then it makes no sense to have Steele out there when Martin can seemingly play RT at a relatively high level. I just watched the Redskins all-22 and McGovern held up pretty well, especially in pass protection, and handled Payne well on several occasions.

Steele on the other hand was getting his ass whipped by Sweat pretty consistently.
Steele was awful. I remember at least a couple of plays where he didn't even get a hand on his guy to slow him up. It's pathetic.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom