Eagles Stuff...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, the wheels have fallen off the offense and there is no fixing it this year. We need to get Dak back and a healthy O-line. No amount of coaching is going to fix the offense this year.

The defense is a hot mess but I actually think it's fixable. They just need a coaching change there. I know many of us have mentioned Edwards and I think he is a great fit for the players we have. The Vikings were 11th and 5th in defense when he was their defensive coordinator. Fuck, just give him a shot. I think the guy at least knows how to run a simple defense which Nolan seems incapable of doing. And then after the season we can go out and go on a search for a great defensive coordinator or if Edwards shows he can fix this sinking ship on that side of the ball maybe he deserves another year.
Anything to get Nolan's rigid ass out the door.

Edwards at least has some recent achievements. Damn Nolan's been failing hard for awhile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything to get Nolan's rigid ass out the door.

Edwards at least has some recent achievements. Damn Nolan's been failing hard for awhile.
And Edwards might not be capable of doing shit. But at least take the chance that he could help build something towards next year. Right now we are going to have to start from scratch in the offseason the way things are going. I don't even want this defense to win games. I fully expect even if they are playing good we will lose most if not all of our remaining games. But I'd like to see them at least head in the right direction for next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frankly I don't even care. I don't want to even win. But I'll be surprised if we score 10 points on them or hold them under 30. It's just bad all around for us.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The eagles are favored by 7.5.

That's easy money.

We will lose this by 30 at least.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Frankly I don't even care. I don't want to even win. But I'll be surprised if we score 10 points on them or hold them under 30. It's just bad all around for us.
Fake fan!!!

I'm with you, these lazy players don't deserve a win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fake fan!!!

I'm with you, these lazy players don't deserve a win.
We are a terrible team right now and it's not like Dak, Tyron Smith, Lael Collins or anyone else is coming back later to help save this season. We aren't going to sniff .500. So nope, no point in rooting for worthless wins at this point. They get us nowhere. Hell I was one of the people rooting for wins even though I wanted Garrett fired last year. But I really see no point this season. With Dak I at least had hope that if we snuck into the playoffs maybe our offense would light it up enough to give a good team a run for their money. But at this point that's not even a hope anymore.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We are clearly the worst team in the league at the moment.
  • 4 Backup OL with 1 dubious Starter
  • Underperforming overpaid RB demanding carries and causing bad turnovers
  • Backup Backup QB
  • Historically bad Defense can't stop even what had been the worst running attack in the league.

Yay we have Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup... but no one to get them the football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are clearly the worst team in the league at the moment.
  • 4 Backup OL with 1 dubious Starter
  • Underperforming overpaid RB demanding carries and causing bad turnovers
  • Backup Backup QB
  • Historically bad Defense can't stop even what had been the worst running attack in the league.

Yay we have Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup... but no one to get them the football.
Or an OC with the guts to actually take deep shots to them to loosen up the D.

That was one thing about the Washington game. It looked like Scott Linehan with a backup QB.

Moore, and in fact this whole team, needs to say fuck it and go for it.

This is probably their last shot to turn the season around and remain in the division race.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Or an OC with the guts to actually take deep shots to them to loosen up the D.

That was one thing about the Washington game. It looked like Scott Linehan with a backup QB.

Moore, and in fact this whole team, needs to say fuck it and go for it.

This is probably their last shot to turn the season around and remain in the division race.
Same thing against the Cardinals too.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We are a terrible team right now and it's not like Dak, Tyron Smith, Lael Collins or anyone else is coming back later to help save this season. We aren't going to sniff .500. So nope, no point in rooting for worthless wins at this point. They get us nowhere. Hell I was one of the people rooting for wins even though I wanted Garrett fired last year. But I really see no point this season. With Dak I at least had hope that if we snuck into the playoffs maybe our offense would light it up enough to give a good team a run for their money. But at this point that's not even a hope anymore.
Despite the poor OL if Dallas still had Dak with the receivers they have I believe they could have been fairly competitive on offense and there would have been a lot less pressure on the defense. Notwithstanding the poor OL Dallas has an elite group of receivers they simply need someone who can utilize the receivers. That won’t make them a great team but would elevate them to a .500 team IMO.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Despite the poor OL if Dallas still had Dak with the receivers they have I believe they could have been fairly competitive on offense
So you're saying Dak is a good qb?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The OL is a shitshow. Dak would have been taking a ton of punishment this year, especially if Martin remains out for any duration.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So you're saying Dak is a good qb?
Yes he has become a good Quarterback. My problem with him was in regard to the salary demands prior to being in the top bracket of QBs. I have supported him as a Cowboys QB throughout but I also pointed out what I thought were some of his weaknesses. He still had things that needed to be improved in my opinion and some of those are still evident. Slow reads at times and hanging in the pocket too long to name some.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The OL is a shitshow. Dak would have been taking a ton of punishment this year, especially if Martin remains out for any duration.
These are the same people that were either starters or the depth as when the season opened and yet the team was highly touted by pundits and fans. So what happened all of a sudden?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
These are the same people that were either starters or the depth as when the season opened and yet the team was highly touted by pundits and fans. So what happened all of a sudden?
Folks tend to look at front line talent when it comes to Dallas.

They don’t factor in the inherent dysfunction of this org, how neutered the head coach is, how entitled and arrogant the players become, and the poor depth in many areas.

“Pundits” focus on the same flashy positions the Joneses do. They also ignore DT and Safety relative time the other positions.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The culture is the real problem, if you took this roster and transported them to Pittsburgh and they stayed mostly healthy they'd easily go 10-6 or better.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, Steele, Erving, Knight, McGovern, and Williams were never "highly touted." That is a nightmarish group.

Top Bottom