Eagles Stuff…

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I heard that Hurts leads the league in passing yards gained off screens, which is...telling.
I totally can see that. I bet Murray isn't far behind.

And not that you don't know this, but when I say screens I don't mean the Landry or Reid traditional type where you let the rushers through then toss the ball over their heads to the back with blockers in front, but the immediate pass to a WR out wide with the other WR blocking for him. So not even some great coordinated play, just a bet that your WR can juke or run through the CB. So the QB really isn't doing anything.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I totally can see that. I bet Murray isn't far behind.

And not that you don't know this, but when I say screens I don't mean the Landry or Reid traditional type where you let the rushers through then toss the ball over their heads to the back with blockers in front, but the immediate pass to a WR out wide with the other WR blocking for him. So not even some great coordinated play, just a bet that your WR can juke or run through the CB. So the QB really isn't doing anything.
Yep I figured that, and probably even some middle screens as opposed to always on the edges.

But yea, Hurts isn't a great passer, so it makes sense that they simplify what he has to do in the passing game, lean on an exotic running game with his ability as a runner as an added dimension, and only ask him to make maybe 10 traditional throws a game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But yea, Hurts isn't a great passer, so it makes sense that they simplify what he has to do in the passing game, lean on an exotic running game with his ability as a runner as an added dimension, and only ask him to make maybe 10 traditional throws a game.
I was going to say that also. If they do run on you, it's not necessarily that they're just lining up and bulldozing you off the ball. They use that zone read look almost every play so it seems like a lot of big runs come more off blown assignments than them physically beating you. Almost like the old wishbone days where you have to be super assignment sound over and over and not get lazy or try to do more than your job.

I dunno, maybe they weren't having a good day, but I came out of it feeling better than I did for our defense. I didn't really think Hurts was much if any better of a passer than he used to be. He threw one bad interception over the middle that wasn't even close.

Not too sure how we'll move the ball ourselves, though.

All that said it'll probably turn out to be a 35-31 game. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was going to say that also. If they do run on you, it's not necessarily that they're just lining up and bulldozing you off the ball. They use that zone read look almost every play so it seems like a lot of big runs come more off blown assignments than them physically beating you. Almost like the old wishbone days where you have to be super assignment sound over and over and not get lazy or try to do more than your job.

I dunno, maybe they weren't having a good day, but I came out of it feeling better than I did for our defense. I didn't really think Hurts was much if any better of a passer than he used to be. He threw one bad interception over the middle that wasn't even close.

The offense is highly manufactured just like it was in 2017, really high-level design (but also lots of smoke and mirrors) combined with a solid OL/running game, add in a really good defense and you get that fluky run to the Super Bowl.

Could happen again given how weak the conference is, but this team isn't a long-term threat in my mind unless they finagle some sort of crazy trade for a legitimate franchise QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Just bring Dak in on passing plays.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
FWIW, our man Davis is impressive at times but totally disappears at times -- sometimes he just stands straight up and watches. I don't think he's in very good shape.
Fuck Jordan Davis.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The offense is highly manufactured just like it was in 2017, really high-level design (but also lots of smoke and mirrors) combined with a solid OL/running game, add in a really good defense and you get that fluky run to the Super Bowl.

Could happen again given how weak the conference is, but this team isn't a long-term threat in my mind unless they finagle some sort of crazy trade for a legitimate franchise QB.
It literally all hinges on Dak. He will make or break this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, because he's a really good runner he's an ok QB for the moment, but the Eagles are winning because of all the depth they've built throughout the roster thanks to the fact that Hurts is on a rookie deal.
I think he is a good runner but not special. This isn't Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick. I think sometimes when you hear people talk about his running ability it gets overhyped a bit. I think we have plenty of guys on defense with similar or better speed that should be able to shut down his running ability. Hell we have 2-3 DE's who are probably faster than him. Of course we probably have multiple DE's who are faster than LVE too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clarence with the Beverly Hills Cops reference. Nice.
Honestly, if they are planning to play Dak they are playing this beautifully. Let the Eagles prepare for QB2 and then show up with QB1. I'd be shocked if they were really able to be tight lipped with something like that though. Jerry would have spilled the beans by now. So I'm pretty sure it's Cooper Rush starting against the Eagles. I hope we win but it's going to take another special performance by the defense and special teams to make that happen.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Honestly, if they are planning to play Dak they are playing this beautifully. Let the Eagles prepare for QB2 and then show up with QB1. I'd be shocked if they were really able to be tight lipped with something like that though. Jerry would have spilled the beans by now. So I'm pretty sure it's Cooper Rush starting against the Eagles. I hope we win but it's going to take another special performance by the defense and special teams to make that happen.
Dak isn't playing this week. Bradie Bottle Lock that shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This Hurts fellow has you folks worked up a bit. :hattip

Top Bottom