Eagles Stuff…

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I hate that they made it legal to push people like that. Not even sure why they made that rule change. Seems like a good way for the ballcarrier to get hurt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate that they made it legal to push people like that. Not even sure why they made that rule change. Seems like a good way for the ballcarrier to get hurt.
Imagine being the guy whose job it is to grab ass cheeks and push as hard as you can. I agree, it's risky to be doing with your QB who could basically get sandwiched in the process. But Hurts sort of rides that risky train with his style of play in general.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can't wait until they give this guy 45/year, are forced to get rid of several key vets and then build an offense around this type of shit.

The big difference between Lamar Jackson and this guy is that Jackson is kind of a "speed back" type of running QB where a good amount of his runs come in space where he's popping off 20+ yard gains and can mostly avoid huge hits.

Hurts is more of a power back, and is basically their short yardage back, and is taking tons of punishment. You can even see it in their YPC stats where Jackson has generally been around 6-7 YPC, while Hurts was at 5.6 last year and a paltry 3.9 YPC this year.

It might be fine for now but when this guy falls off a cliff like Cam Newton in year 5 or 6 in the middle of a $250 million extension and guys like Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox are only visiting the stadium to get put in their ring of honor, it won't be great.

And Newton never, ever ran as much as Hurts is running now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They need to get his snaps down to around 65% or so, depending on game script of course.

His explosiveness is what makes him special, don't sap that by pounding him over 85% of the snaps every week. We have depth all across the DL, and even at LB if you consider Kearse a pseudo-LB, so hopefully they heed this warning.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Let them try this shit with Money Maher.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It'll be tough sledding up the middle this week. I don't expect us to have the type of success on the ground that we had vs the Rams. As great as Aaron Donald is, I think you can have success running at him as he's more of a chase down run defender, IMO. Those Eagles DTs are pretty damn beefy and aren't as easy to move.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It'll be tough sledding up the middle this week. I don't expect us to have the type of success on the ground that we had vs the Rams. As great as Aaron Donald is, I think you can have success running at him as he's more of a chase down run defender, IMO. Those Eagles DTs are pretty damn beefy and aren't as easy to move.
The Eagles' offseason design was about this. Fortify the middle and go run and chase.

This is a good test for Biadasz, who has quietly been playing well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom