Eagles Stuff…

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Questionable is the new probable. I'd be shocked if he doesn't play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For the first time in a long time, as good as the defense has looked, I'm not sure I agree with this. Good defense and running game and they don't need much from the QB.
Oh, I'm not wanting him to carry the offense. I'm just saying it hinges on him not fucking it up.

.G2.

Don't trust hookers with walkie-talkies.
It's a very good test because if we're going up against an average OL or an immobile QB, or especially both, goodnight.

If we're going up against a one-dimensional team that can't run, goodnight.

But a team with a strong OL that can run the ball and has a QB that's a dynamic runner, plus two legit WR's?

That's close to as tough as it'll get for our defense.

I think it'll be kind of a slow death since our offense just won't be able to keep up and the Eagles will be able to dictate the pace of play with a lead, but that second go around in Dallas will be different.
Make Hurts beat us with his arm and hammer down on the running; I don't think Sanders should be taken lightly.

I don't think we'll win, but the defense will continue to illustrate it's elite. In my opinion. I just don't think the offense will do enough.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't give a shit about him personally. He seems like he wants it.

It is the crank-gobbling from the media that is desirous that he does well.
I’m not necessarily desirous of him doing well. I will restate my original position about him. I said I think he can compete at the pro level. I still think he can with his game and that was in the face of sports gurus position on him prior to being drafted. It appears he can indeed at this time compete at the pro level. Whether he played at OU isn’t a real factor it just happens to be that’s where I started to assess his athleticism.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think the game hinges heavily on our run game. We will have to run the ball well and keep the defense rested. The Eagles offense will wear us out otherwise.

That's the formula for the entire year really.

Which is why it made no sense for them to not invest in a third RB. It's very possible that both Zeke and Pollard get hurt, as happened last year. And if their running game stagnates, they aren't beating a good team. If it were me, I'd protect their ability to run the ball as much as possible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So if he had stayed at Alabama and never went to Oklahoma you'd have the same passion for him? Oh okay
No I wouldn’t. My active remarks didn’t start until the media wrote him off. Because I did in fact see him via OU and my assessment of him came because I did see him play. I didn’t agree with the position they were taking and said so. OU was the catalyst that created my interest in him before all the hula started but my responses were simply in disagreement with the assessment of his abilities. Thats what I stated at the onset and I think the sports gurus assessments were wrong and I think they just all dogpiled on what they read not what they saw. The same applies as far as I can determine to some of the posters on this site. They were just parroting the articles rather than having seen him play.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Have the Eagles played anybody with a decent defense to this point? I thought Minnesota was stout on D, but Philly whooped them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Have the Eagles played anybody with a decent defense to this point? I thought Minnesota was stout on D, but Philly whooped them.
Jacksonville is pretty solid.

Minnesota isn't, they're exceedingly lucky to be 4-1, barely scrapping out wins against the Bears and Lions at home (allowing 24 and 22 points in the process) and beating the Saints with Dalton by a FG because the Saints kicker missed a FG to go into OT that bounced off the midbar and out.

They're not any better than someone like Atlanta in my opinion.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Minnesota isn't, they're exceedingly lucky to be 4-1, barely scrapping out wins against the Bears and Lions at home (allowing 24 and 22 points in the process) and beating the Saints with Dalton by a FG because the Saints kicker missed a FG to go into OT that bounced off the midbar and out.

I don't understand how I see the Vikings so high in some of these power rankings. Wasn't sure what I was missing.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life

So, they haven’t faced a stout defense to this point really. That serves us well, I think.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So, they haven’t faced a stout defense to this point really. That serves us well, I think.
We're the best they'll have faced, although I think Jacksonville is a borderline top 10 defense.

• Props
Top Bottom