Dak Watch Thread...

data

Forbes #1
They wanted him to take the deal they had offered, but knew he wouldn't take it when he's holding all the cards and can just wait to make even more money.

Of course they want him (don't know where 1big is getting that anyone said otherwise). But they didn't get a deal done when they easily could have which I think says quite a bit about their uncertainty over the impact of Covid.

TV contracts are fixed, but you know sporting event crowds are being prohibited in many states which will have a ripple effect on both team income and the cap too. I also doubt with the economy the way it is as many people and businesses can still afford NFL luxury suites.

So it's a shitshow already and there's probably going to be an impact next year, too. Until they can get vaccines not only developed but distributed to millions of people there absolutely will be a dip in revenues.

This virus is mutating too, so you have to keep creating vaccines similar to the way they make flu shots (if those processes will even apply). That takes a lot of time make happen, and you really can't start until there's an initial proven vaccine to begin with.

The only way to probably hedge is what KC did with the ten year monster deal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dak can go fuck himself if he has hurt feelings over Garrett being fired, that's some entitled and frankly idiotic bullshit.

Kitna I can understand if he felt like he got a raw deal.
pretty sure this is all bs, like his brother said in direct response to Broaddus

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak can go fuck himself if he has hurt feelings over Garrett being fired, that's some entitled and frankly idiotic bullshit.

Kitna I can understand if he felt like he got a raw deal.
Could be that too. Who knows. It could also be any former coach with sour grapes stirring shit. Who knows.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
pretty sure this is all bs, like his brother said in direct response to Broaddus
I definitely think there's at least a 75% chance that this is mostly bullshit, Broaddus himself if a self-aggrandizing dickhead who loves attention and portraying himself as an insider.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus said it was partly because he was so disappointed Garrett was let go.

If that's true... GTFO, Dak. How could anyone be that attached to that loser?

Alternative theory: The former coach who said this is Garrett himself, pumping himself up to the media again.
What is so weird is how some people give Broaddus more credit than he deserves. Has he ever been right about anything?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What is so weird is how some people give Broaddus more credit than he deserves. Has he ever been right about anything?
I don't even pay attention to him... don't read his twitter or listen to 105.3. But I'd believe something directly told to him over his opinion.

So I can believe some old coach told him something like this. I just bet it's overstated because who wouldn't want to QB this team.

Side note, I remember when he posted at the zone, and getting belligerent, almost threatening PMs from him if you disagreed with him. :lol

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't even pay attention to him... don't read his twitter or listen to 105.3. But I'd believe something directly told to him over his opinion.

So I can believe some old coach told him something like this. I just bet it's overstated because who wouldn't want to QB this team.

Side note, I remember when he posted at the zone, and getting belligerent, almost threatening PMs from him if you disagreed with him. :lol
Broaddus blocked me on Twitter a long time ago.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Broaddus has some insight because he was in the system and was a team employee.

But I don't think he's necessarily any more insightful than a lot of posters here. His draft ideas were terrible.

You have to pick and choose what he's worth listening to about.

Relaying information he received from others? Might be noteworthy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus has some insight because he was in the system and was a team employee.

But I don't think he's necessarily any more insightful than a lot of posters here. His draft ideas were terrible.

You have to pick and choose what he's worth listening to about.

Relaying information he received from others? Might be noteworthy.
Yeah I mostly dislike him because his evaluation skills are awful.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's gotten so bad that nobody wants to work with him. He's effectively been exiled to his own show, although I've never listened and I'm not sure if it's still going.
its still going but I imagine the viewership numbers arent great.

Top Bottom