Dak Watch Thread...

GShock

DCC 4Life
The same guys who took Dak in the 4th are still scouting QBs.
Regardless of whether this is a shot at them for not picking him before the 4th or a shot at them for targeting Lynch and Cook before that, I agree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Dak still struggles to beat quality teams, then you draft a guy in the late first or 2nd round to compete.
You realize Dak has a winning record over his career against winning teams. People overreact to one season where the team basically gave up on Garrett. Dak just carried us this season with a shit defense and the worst special teams and starting position in the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regardless of whether this is a shot at them for not picking him before the 4th or a shot at them for targeting Lynch and Cook before that, I agree.
Just a fun excersize but Burrow and Tua are out of reach. So would you trade up for Love or Herbert because that's sort of your options. Do you feel good that either of those will he a top 5 NFL QB.

Your other 2 guys worth drafting are Fromm and Eason. After that I think you're wasting your time with career backups who might be in the XFL in a year.

If Tua somehow falls because of injury concerns I'd be intrigued but thats about it. And even then I'm keeping Dak until Tua shows he can stay healthy and play elite. Then I'm trading Dak for picks. A QB does you no good if he isn't playing in the playoffs. See Carson Wince.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's cool. I'm fine with a disagreement. But I also know that Brady had nothing to work with in terms of weapons to throw to.
He never has had a ton of weapons to work with. He has always carried the team. It was obvious after this last year that he can't carry the team anymore.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's cool. I'm fine with a disagreement. But I also know that Brady had nothing to work with in terms of weapons to throw to.
That’s it. It was literally just him, Edelman, and a log of JAGs.

It’s proven that would have crushed Dak

p1_

DCC 4Life
That’s it. It was literally just him, Edelman, and a log of JAGs.

It’s proven that would have crushed Dak
2018, pre- Amari committee approach with no clear WR1

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They have no choice
They do have a choice. They're just too lazy or incompetent to find a better option. Oh, and Mike being "all in" on a QB he has no relationship with and only spoke to last week? Hilarious.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He never has had a ton of weapons to work with. He has always carried the team. It was obvious after this last year that he can't carry the team anymore.
He had Gronk and that’s what was his anchor. With Gronk gone Brady hasn’t found another anchor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He had Gronk and that’s what was his anchor. With Gronk gone Brady hasn’t found another anchor.
Edelman has been a pretty good player. So was Moss. So was Wes Welker.

But yeah Gronk is a HOF type talent.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Tom Brady as a Cowboy wearing #12...

Ayuh or feh
I don’t care. As much as I loved Staubach as a young kid, holding onto some bullshit notion that the number of a guy who hasn’t played for the team in 40 years means something when bringing in the GOAT. If Brady were to come here and wins us a Super Bowl, no one would give a shit. Brady is as old as dirt and looked like garbage last year due to having zero players to work with, but if the trade value was right for Dak, I’d send him packing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So are we pretending that if Dak isn't as good as the best QB ever he should be replaced? And are we pretending Dak with no weapons under Garrett is a comparable situation to Brady with no weapons under Belichick?

Is that what we're doing? Cause that's kind of retarded.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So are we pretending that if Dak isn't as good as the best QB ever he should be replaced? And are we pretending Dak with no weapons under Garrett is a comparable situation to Brady with no weapons under Belichick?

Well we have that coach who was great at winning big games until Dak got here...

Sort of hard when big games are usually against good coaches. And your coach is basically being outcoached in all of them.

Cotton

Staff member

Not just kinda retarded. It's Zone level retarded. These posters are normally smarter than this.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't even think that much of Dak, but this would be crazy. Brady is pretty much done -- and even if he weren't right now, he could fall off the cliff at any second, even before the season starts.

Top Bottom