Dak Watch Thread...

data

Forbes #1
I can't imagine this is the end. There's gonna be more chatter about 4/5 year deal before July 15th.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What did it say?

Something along the lines of, Prescott is daring the cowboys to risk gutting the team by franchising him twice.

The way it was worded made it sound like Dak was willing to tank the franchise to get the contract he wants. The fact that Werder deleted it makes me think someone (I'm guessing Dak's agent) didn't like how it sounded.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Something along the lines of, Prescott is daring the cowboys to risk gutting the team by franchising him twice.

The way it was worded made it sound like Dak was willing to tank the franchise to get the contract he wants. The fact that Werder deleted it makes me think someone (I'm guessing Dak's agent) didn't like how it sounded.
Well, it might be true. Especially if things continue as they are.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I can't imagine this is the end. There's gonna be more chatter about 4/5 year deal before July 15th.
au contraire, this is merely the beginning.

Genghis Khan

Of course he didn't say it. That tweet was pure speculation.
I bet it was from his agent. That's the impression it gave me. I'm sure they are trying to negotiate in the media. But it sure didn't sound right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bet it was from his agent. That's the impression it gave me. I'm sure they are trying to negotiate in the media. But it sure didn't sound right.
I didn't see the tweet so I'm not sure I can fairly comment. But it sounds like it was pure speculation which is why it was taken down. Seems odd to take down if it had a real source.

Genghis Khan

I didn't see the tweet so I'm not sure I can fairly comment. But it sounds like it was pure speculation which is why it was taken down. Seems odd to take down if it had a real source.

I don't get the impression werder speculates much.

Genghis Khan

This is a similar tweet he put out recently but worded better. He may have deleted the original to clarify with this one.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I've yet to see a metric that encapsulates rushing efficiency/success into a QB's worth...and that's increasingly antiquated for today's NFL.
Running in general has always been a potent addition to any QB's game. Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach, Russell Wilson all have used it very effectively.

But unusually high QB rushing TD totals tell me either the offensive scheme, the skill players, or the QB have weaknesses otherwise executing.

Cam Newton represents this extreme. I don't care if you're built like Superman, I need you to be healthy on the next drive. You have RBs and WRs paid to protect the football and outleap defenders. Throw the damned thing!

Especially in the redzone! I absolutely don't want my QB rushing into a thick of defenders if I can avoid it.

1) A QBs health is critical to their team's success and defenders can unload on QBs who run.
2) QBs don't practice ball safety like backs do, and they are usually fumble-machines.

So IMO QB rushing TDs should be rare, 3-4 times a year max and almost always when I can fake defenders into no contact.

Dak ran for too many his first few years, IMO, and 2019 was just about perfect at 3.

Top Bottom