Dak Watch Thread...

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Didn't the Cowboys offer him 5 and he wants 4? I'd offer him 5 years with the option that if the Cowboys get to the SB prior to the end of the forth year, the 5th year voids.
I think that's a good option for compromise.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's going to get paid, so any consternation over not having a deal yet is a little silly. He's also very, very good. Maybe on the verge of being great. He's taken enormous steps in the past 12-18 months.

That said, let's not pretend there aren't down sides to paying him a top 1-3 salary. Let's not pretend it's fine to just give in to every demand he has just because he's a good QB.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
They are helpful at times to make sense out of a complex game, but because the game is so complex most stats end up being misleading at best.

You have to trust what you see.
I find that to be a load of crap. 'I watch the games' is the commonly-used trope of someone who doesn't like what the stats tell them. And it's worthless.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I have a tough time listening to anyone say 'I don't care about stats'.
You act like it’s a blanket philosophy I have.

I certainly don’t care about his passing numbers, or ESPN’s QBR from last season.

Tell me then, where do you rank Dak in the hierarchy of today’s QB’s?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find that to be a load of crap. 'I watch the games' is the commonly-used trope of someone who doesn't like what the stats tell them. And it's worthless.
I agree, people still cling to reputation concepts with Dak that aren't true.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
You act like it’s a blanket philosophy I have.
No I don't. I don't 'act' one way or another. I just disregard anyone who puts their own opinions over statistics. They're not the end-all, be-all, but they're the best measuring tools available and carry far more weight than what any one person has to say.

I certainly don’t care about his passing numbers, or ESPN’s QBR from last season.
That's your right. At that point, "I don't care" what you have to say on the subject.

Tell me then, where do you rank Dak in the hierarchy of today’s QB’s?
Undoubtedly higher than you. I put him where his stats and accomplishments say he belongs.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I agree, people still cling to reputation concepts with Dak that aren't true.
While ignoring the facts that destroy their agendas. Anybody that tries to place their unsupported opinions above stats is noise. And not worth reading.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While ignoring the facts that destroy their agendas. Anybody that tries to place their unsupported opinions above stats is noise. And not worth reading.
It's sort of like some people will claim Dak is still a dink and dunk QB and that all of his stats are boasted because of the receivers making big plays after the catch. The stats last year literally support this is no way what so ever. But people still just have an image of him that facts don't change.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Anybody that tries to place their unsupported opinions above stats is noise. And not worth reading.
Wouldn't this statement be damning to your love of Chaisson and his lack of collegiate stats?

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Wouldn't this statement be damning to your love of Chaisson and his lack of collegiate stats?
I don't think so. I willfully concede the point to anyone who brings it up as a concern, I'm not ignoring it or expecting anyone else to.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It's sort of like some people will claim Dak is still a dink and dunk QB and that all of his stats are boasted because of the receivers making big plays after the catch. The stats last year literally support this is no way what so ever. But people still just have an image of him that facts don't change.
Right, and as a result, I place their opinions and credibility in the proper location.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think so. I willfully concede the point to anyone who brings it up as a concern, I'm not ignoring it or expecting anyone else to.
But you basically just got done saying that you will disregard somebody's opinion on a player over said players stats. But you are taking the opposite stance in this case with Chaisson because you like him.

Pretty clear double standard. Wouldn't it just be easier to admit that both things are important in judging a player instead of taking the hard line either way? Doing so paints yourself into a corner...

Last edited:

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
But you just basically just got done saying that you will disregard somebody's opinion on a player over said players stats. But you are taking the opposite stance in this case with Chaisson because you like him.

Pretty clear double standard.
Nice try, but it's not at all. I see what you're attempting to do while grinding your axe but you need to do a better job. I never suggested that anyone should "not care about stats" with regard to Chaisson. If fans do, they have every right to, because his lack of stats is a legitimate concern and a point I will concede in any argument.

Wouldn't it just be easier to admit that both things are important in judging a player instead of taking the hard line either way? Doing so paints yourself into a corner...
I'm not the guy that said they "don't care about stats". I agree with you that both things are important, but if a person wants to ignore stats completely, I don't much care what else they have to say after that. And I've not once asked someone else to "ignore the stats" when it comes to Chaisson. Do better.

Does that clear things up for you?

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Compared to statistics?

Absolutely.
You’d make for one hell of a scout, that’s for sure.

My ambivalence towards stats stems and resides solely in this manufactured narrative that Dak is an elite quarterback. I even said that I think he is a good QB.

For some reason, the fact that I fall back on what i’ve seen when the stats don’t bear something out seems to ruffle your feathers. It’s called forming a comprehensive, educated opinion.

I could go out of my way and post some douchey dumpster gif because I don’t agree with you, but it’s the quarantine season, and you definitely seem like one of those dudes who gets a period for some reason.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
You’d make for one hell of a scout, that’s for sure.
Yeah, because, if it's one thing scouts hate it's information!
:picard

My ambivalence towards stats stems and resides solely in this manufactured narrative that Dak is an elite quarterback. I even said that I think he is a good QB.
Your willful ignorance of the stats stems from the fact that they say things that you don't like. Yours is not a unique condition.

For some reason, the fact that I fall back on what i’ve seen when the stats don’t bear something out seems to ruffle your feathers. It’s called forming a comprehensive, educated opinion.
Willful ignorance - as you're clearly illustrating, "ruffles my feathers". And since you're clearly mistaken, that's the opposite of "forming a comprehensive, educated opinion."

I could go out of my way and post some douchey dumpster gif because I don’t agree with you, but it’s the quarantine season, and you definitely seem like one of those dudes who gets a period for some reason.
Ooh! Sick burn!

But I guess when you have nothing logical to say, why not go there, right?[/quote][/quote]

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nice try, but it's not at all. I see what you're attempting to do while grinding your axe
There's no axe to grind. You really think you are that important? Ok, then.

Just going off your own words. Everyone can see them, regardless of how you are trying to spin them now.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Yeah, because, if it's one thing scouts hate it's information!
:picard

Your willful ignorance of the stats stems from the fact that they say things that you don't like. Yours is not a unique condition.

Willful ignorance - as you're clearly illustrating, "ruffles my feathers". And since you're clearly mistaken, that's the opposite of "forming a comprehensive, educated opinion."

Ooh! Sick burn!

But I guess when you have nothing logical to say, why not go there, right?
Dude I don’t know if you’re a troll or what, but the stuff you’re saying just isn’t making any sense. What the hell does me not caring what Dak’s stats say in regards to him being elite upsets you so much? This isn’t a commentary on Dak as a whole, or his career as it stands. Yes. Of course statistics come into play there. I’m addressing whether or not he is elite. Despite the fact that he was second in yards and 4th in QBR, he is not in the tier of quarterbacks that those numbers may suggest. Frankly, I don’t know if I can be any more clear with you on this.

Top Bottom