Dak Watch Thread...

data

Forbes #1
If the Cowboys reach the NFC Championship, posters here will still be unconvinced about Dak Prescott.

If the Cowboys reach the Super Bowl, posters here will still be unconvinced about Dak Prescott.

Last edited:

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
If the Cowboys reach the NFC Championship, posters here will still be unconvinced about Dak Prescott.

If the Cowboys reach the Super Bowl, posters here will still be unconvinced about Dak Prescott.
When they're willingly disregarded statistics and all evidence that directly refutes their own opinions? I tend to agree with you. Even a Super Bowl victory may not be enough for some people.

data

Forbes #1
When they're willingly disregarded statistics and all evidence that directly refutes their own opinions? I tend to agree with you. Even a Super Bowl victory may not be enough for some people.
There was significant chatter round these parts, post one score from winning Super Bowl, to trade Jimmy Garropolo and sign Brady.

Joe Flacco won the Super Bowl with an all-timer of a postseason. Even before the Super Bow ring had been finalized, many, if not most, questioned his new contract.

Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls. Still are debates about whether Romo is better or not.

Yeah. If you don’t win a Super Bowl your first four years, a QB is gonna battle skepticism the rest of his career. John Elway may be the lone exception, and he went to three Super Bowls before erasing the doubters, winning the fourth appearance.

Last edited:

Cujo

DCC 4Life

If you're referring to me, you're wrong. Why would anyone not be convinced by a Super Bowl appearance. I'd like to point out that I'm not saying he'll never reach a Super Bowl, I just have not seen enough to think he can carry this team to one. A lot will have to go right.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If you're referring to me, you're wrong. Why would anyone not be convinced by a Super Bowl appearance. I'd like to point out that I'm not saying he'll never reach a Super Bowl, I just have not seen enough to think he can carry this team to one. A lot will have to go right.
I agree and I’m a fan of Prescott but my confidence to this point is still somewhat on the shaky side. What some may not be factoring in is he has been subjected to changes in various coaches and philosophies every year since he has been in Dallas and he hasn’t yet got the read and timing aspects of the game as an automatic response. I don’t know how much is him or how much is the reaction to a new direction each season. What ever it is he still isn’t an automatic response QB. This next season will probably subject him to more coaching changes. I’m pulling for him but it’s crunch time to show he is the franchise.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
N
I agree and I’m a fan of Prescott but my confidence to this point is still somewhat on the shaky side. What some may not be factoring in is he has been subjected to changes in various coaches and philosophies every year since he has been in Dallas and he hasn’t yet got the read and timing aspects of the game as an automatic response. I don’t know how much is him or how much is the reaction to a new direction each season. What ever it is he still isn’t an automatic response QB. This next season will probably subject him to more coaching changes. I’m pulling for him but it’s crunch time to show he is the franchise.
Yeah, I still have questions as well. If everyone is honest, they do too. Otherwise, let's just give him 40/year and be done with it. If he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, we ought to at least be able to rely on him to carry this team when he has to and not just put up numbers against teams with losing records.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
N

Yeah, I still have questions as well. If everyone is honest, they do too. Otherwise, let's just give him 40/year and be done with it. If he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, we ought to at least be able to rely on him to carry this team when he has to and not just put up numbers against teams with losing records.
The only question I have about Dak is how well he will do under this new coaching staff.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
The only question I have about Dak is how well he will do under this new coaching staff.
If you had to categorize it, would you consider that question to be a positive or a negative one?

Personally, I feel as it is absolutely a positive for him. He's working with a far more accomplished head coach and staff that he has before. A guy who worked with Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers vs a guy who couldn't get out of his own way without Tony Romo audibling and bailing him out.

He had a career year under year one with Moore. That by itself should be a hugely positive sign.

Cotton

Staff member
If you had to categorize it, would you consider that question to be a positive or a negative one?

Personally, I feel as it is absolutely a positive for him. He's working with a far more accomplished head coach and staff that he has before. A guy who worked with Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers vs a guy who couldn't get out of his own way without Tony Romo audibling and bailing him out.

He had a career year under year one with Moore. That by itself should be a hugely positive sign.
It is definitely a positive for me. I highly doubt we have seen Dak's ceiling yet. I just hope Garrett's stank doesn't stick and he can have it coached out of him.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It is definitely a positive for me. I highly doubt we have seen Dak's ceiling yet. I just hope Garrett's stank doesn't stick and he can have it coached out of him.
That arrow is definitely pointing up. Even the harshest of critics would have to admit at least that much.

data

Forbes #1
Why would anyone not be convinced by a Super Bowl appearance.
Because not everyone is convinced by Jimmy G, Joe Flacco nor Eli Manning.

Because Dak Prescott just posted the second-best statistical season (per ANY/A) in franchise history and we're still having these debates.

Because Dak Prescott demonstrated in a playoff game the ability to come back from a 21-3 deficit with 300+ yards, 3:1 TD ratio on 38 pass attempts, stopped short by a miraculous string of three defensive plays (Rodgers not fumbling from Heath's blindside sack, tiptoe catch by Rodgers, two 50+ yard FG including GW when Crosby was 0/4 career prior)

I'd like to point out that I'm not saying he'll never reach a Super Bowl, I just have not seen enough to think he can carry this team to one. A lot will have to go right.
...and this statement already dooms Dak Prescott. If this team miraculously goes to the Super Bowl this season, it's not going to convince everyone Dak is an elite QB. "Well, it's Mike McCarthy, not Dak. Dak has Amari Cooper, Zeke, above average OL and new signings of McCoy and Poe solidified the D. Any Tier 2 QB could've done the same."

Hell, Aikman and Emmitt still suffer from it.

So is life, Dak. Some QBs get the benefit of the doubt - Favre - and some don't.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Because not everyone is convinced by Jimmy G, Joe Flacco nor Eli Manning.

Because Dak Prescott just posted the second-best statistical season (per ANY/A) in franchise history and we're still having these debates.

Because Dak Prescott demonstrated in a playoff game the ability to come back from a 21-3 deficit with 300+ yards, 3:1 TD ratio on 38 pass attempts, stopped short by a miraculous string of three defensive plays (Rodgers not fumbling from Heath's blindside sack, tiptoe catch by Rodgers, two 50+ yard FG including GW when Crosby was 0/4 career prior)

...and this statement already dooms Dak Prescott. If this team miraculously goes to the Super Bowl this season, it's not going to convince everyone Dak is an elite QB. "Well, it's Mike McCarthy, not Dak. Dak has Amari Cooper, Zeke, above average OL and new signings of McCoy and Poe solidified the D. Any Tier 2 QB could've done the same."

Hell, Aikman and Emmitt still suffer from it.

So is life, Dak. Some QBs get the benefit of the doubt - Favre - and some don't.

He played fantastically in that Green Bay game but that was over 3 years ago. Some of you are taking this way too personally. I fully expect to see him improve under McCarthy, how much I don't know. If Dak improves and becomes a qb worthy of the praise you seem to want to heap on him, he deserves the credit. If your panties are still in a wad after this post, I don't have anything else for you.

data

Forbes #1
He played fantastically in that Green Bay game but that was over 3 years ago. Some of you are taking this way too personally. I fully expect to see him improve under McCarthy, how much I don't know. If Dak improves and becomes a qb worthy of the praise you seem to want to heap on him, he deserves the credit. If your panties are still in a wad after this post, I don't have anything else for you.
1. I wanted Philip Rivers.

2. My only point is that Dak Prescott won't be deemed an elite QB universally here at DCC, or by the general public, even if he were to reach the Super Bowl this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

2. My only point is that Dak Prescott won't be deemed an elite QB universally here at DCC, or by the general public, even if he were to reach the Super Bowl this year.
Well nothing is universal on this site but I’m on the Dak bandwagon wanting him to become the elite QB.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

If they can't? It's on them. They're the ones that look like idiots, not anybody else. Heck, they'll expose themselves as hypocrites with double standards left and right. And they'll ignore every stat that shows they don't know what they're talking about. But all they truly accomplish is indicting their own credibility, and showing that they don't know what they're talking about. And that anything they have to say on the subject is irrelevant and not worth the time. There are nonne so blind as those who will not see.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Whenever Dak demonstrates the “it” associated with franchise QBs, it happens to be against Cleveland, Washington, the Giants, or Detroit.

IMO his signature win was against Pittsburgh his rookie year.

It’s long past time to graduate from the safe, risk averse, take what the defense gives approach Dak has made a living on.

Cotton

Staff member
Whenever Dak demonstrates the “it” associated with franchise QBs, it happens to be against Cleveland, Washington, the Giants, or Detroit.

IMO his signature win was against Pittsburgh his rookie year.

It’s long past time to graduate from the safe, risk averse, take what the defense gives approach Dak has made a living on.
Just as much as it might be true that Dak is risk averse, it very well may be true that the previous coaching staff forced that on him with their play calling and game planning.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don’t criticize Dak so much as the people who have convinced themselves he’s God gift.

It’s ridiculous, stats can’t tell the story.

Only quality wins build that rep. Hell, Aaron Rodgers convinced me he was great in a game vs Arizona he actually lost.

You know when a QB has “it”, and I’m not talking about c-rocks avatar.

That game should have been a comfortable Cowboy victory. You’ve got to get Dez involved heavily early on or make the defense pay for doubling him.

So we frittered away much of the game’s start and when we’re rolling we reset momentum with a mental mistake interception.

The moment it happened, the Dak cult immediately blamed Garrett for passing too much on a day when Zeke rushed for over 120 yards.

The Cult is what pisses me off, not Dak and his thus far above-average play.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just as much as it might be true that Dak is risk averse, it very well may be true that the previous coaching staff forced that on him with their play calling and game planning.
I’m so looking forward to seeing what McCarthy has planned. Dak needed this years ago.

Top Bottom