Dak Watch Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
At the start of the season some were adamant that he would go #1 in the draft but I said I think his injury history would make some want to back away from him as a number 1 pick.
That wasn't even what we were arguing, LT you were claiming Hurts was just as good if not better than Tua. Hurts will be lucky to picked in the 3rd round while Tua will still go top10 even being hurt.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At the start of the season some were adamant that he would go #1 in the draft but I said I think his injury history would make some want to back away from him as a number 1 pick.
Without this latest injury to Tua you still may have been right thanks to Burrow’s rise.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't see what people see in Tua, honestly. I think he'll be "ok" in the pros.
Totally with you. Not saying he'll be terrible, but I don't see a superstar, either.

He just has it so easy at Bama with that line and the best WR group I've seen in a while. When I watch him closely I notice that a lot of times he's not actually that accurate, but his WRs get so much separation it doesn't really matter. At the next level that will matter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
and yet with this injury he could still go top 5 without even being able to play the first year. I dont think its a stretch to say if he didnt have this injury he would have been the top pick
That could be the case but he had suffered an injury already and I felt it could create problems because of its nature.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That wasn't even what we were arguing, LT you were claiming Hurts was just as good if not better than Tua. Hurts will be lucky to picked in the 3rd round while Tua will still go top10 even being hurt.
I don’t recall making that claim at all. You will need to show that to me.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don’t recall making that claim at all. You will need to show that to me.
Nah I'm not doing the research :lol how about you show where anyone was saying he would go #1 and you said he wouldn't due to his injury history since that's your original claim.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah I'm not doing the research :lol how about you show where anyone was saying he would go #1 and you said he wouldn't due to his injury history since that's your original claim.
All I remember was LT claiming he hadn't played in a long time. When he had literally played like the previous multiple games in the season and it was before the hip injury.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well just ask Rev for one. He is the one that made the statement that Tua would go #1. I responded to Rev saying it was too early to take that position and his injury could cause a problem for him.

You are claiming I said Hurt was as good or better than Tua so where’s the statement that makes it true?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
All I remember was LT claiming he hadn't played in a long time. When he had literally played like the previous multiple games in the season and it was before the hip injury.
Yea it was before the hip injury, LT was going by his ankle injury where Hurts came back in claiming that made it an injury history. Also iirc it had nothing at all to do with who would be picked #1 it was about who would win the Heisman

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well just ask Rev for one. He is the one that made the statement that Tua would go #1. I responded to Rev saying it was too early to take that position and his injury could cause a problem for him.

You are claiming I said Hurt was as good or better than Tua so where’s the statement that makes it true?
Go find rev's statement that he would go #1 and yours saying it was too early because of his injury history

edit: you should look in the CFB thread BEFORE Tua's hip injury

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
and yet with this injury he could still go top 5 without even being able to play the first year. I dont think its a stretch to say if he didnt have this injury he would have been the top pick
Maybe so. Now do you recall that I said Hurts was as good or better than Tua. I don't think that statement was ever made by me.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Go find rev's statement that he would go #1 and yours saying it was too early because of his injury history

edit: you should look in the CFB thread BEFORE Tua's hip injury
I don’t believe I referred specifically to the injury as being a hip injury. I referred to the injury in the prior season.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don’t believe I referred specifically to the injury as being a hip injury. I referred to the injury in the prior season.
Yes that's what I said. This was back at the start of the 2019 season and before Tua's hip injury, you were claiming he had an injury history when his ankle the season before was the only one

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And for the record I wouldn't draft Tua now because I'm not convinced he can come back from that hip injury

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And for the record I wouldn't draft Tua now because I'm not convinced he can come back from that hip injury
I don't know why anyone thinks it could be realistic.

Even with a bum hip, he is top 5.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes that's what I said. This was back at the start of the 2019 season and before Tua's hip injury, you were claiming he had an injury history when his ankle the season before was the only one
It’s what I said in my response to Rev. I said it’s too early to make a statement about Tua because he could get inlured again (or something to that effect). He had been injured before with his ankle inlury but the hip injury had not in fact happened but guess what? He did get injured again. That’s what I was saying when we had our dialogue about Tua. Maybe about the Hiesmam as well but being the #1 pick was also part of the conversation. Any conversation about Hurts being better than Tua didn’t happen. The only thing that is even remotely close was at a different time when I made a statement about Lincoln Riley producing two Hiesman winners and then I said “#3 anyone?”

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It’s what I said in my response to Rev. I said it’s too early to make a statement about Tua because he could get inlured again (or something to that effect). He had been injured before with his ankle inlury but the hip injury had not in fact happened but guess what? He did get injured again. That’s what I was saying when we had our dialogue about Tua. Maybe about the Hiesmam as well but being the #1 pick was also part of the conversation. Any conversation about Hurts being better than Tua didn’t happen. The only thing that is even remotely close was at a different time when I made a statement about Lincoln Riley producing two Hiesman winners and then I said “#3 anyone?”
You're going to need to show your work here

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You are the one who has made a claim that I said Hurts was better than Tua. I can’t find something I didn’t say.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You are the one who has made a claim that I said Hurts was better than Tua. I can’t find something I didn’t say.
You still haven't shown proof of your original claim that we were adamant he would go #1

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Tua is still a top 10 pick. But I will say it wouldn't shock me if on draft day he is s guy who surprisingly falls to the second half of the first. Then see a team with an older starter pick him up knowing they can stash him for a year or two. Teams that are QB desperate may be scared off by the injury and lean towards Love and Herbert who are healthy and boast stronger arms.

Top Bottom