Cowboys Trade for QB Trey Lance

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The fourth does not bug me.

That seems to be the Fehoko round.

I am okay with this.
Yeah, I wouldn’t have liked a third. A fifth seems unrealistic, you are paying a premium because you are gambling on the position.

It’s fine. We’ve been better with our fifth round picks recently anyway.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Did anyone mention Lance’s salary next year is fully guaranteed at $5 million?

What’s really going on?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Did anyone mention Lance’s salary next year is fully guaranteed at $5 million?

What’s really going on?
I can only assume McCarthy or McClay thinks there’s something there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sure but everybody always wants them to take chances at QB then we do something like this and what? It's an outrage?

The next Mahomes isn't falling to 25 or where ever we pick in the first, I'd rather throw darts like this than take some random QB in the 2nd like Willis or Hooker.

I didn't say it's an outrage but I definitely don't like it. I feel like we've thrown a 4th in the trash.

There's a difference between taking a flyer in the draft on a guy that you don't have evidence on in the pros yet. It's quite another thing to take a flyer on a guy you've already seen be inadequate in the NFL. To the point that the 49ers have already given up on him despite putting quite a lot of resources into him just a couple years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I wouldn’t have liked a third. A fifth seems unrealistic, you are paying a premium because you are gambling on the position.

It’s fine. We’ve been better with our fifth round picks recently anyway.
For a QB, you get the eh...eh...I am good.

Here is the deal. Do we have the right QB staff in place to develop a high school QB who got ruined by Shanahan's kid?

This kid will show up with mental issues to begin with.

This is where Prescott can really be the noble leader and mentor this young man to greatness. {/Ernster]

Foobio

DCC 4Life
If McCarthy can coach him up then cool. A 4th for a guy that’s been a colossal bust is too much imo. Good on the 49ers for getting something for nothing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I didn't say it's an outrage but I definitely don't like it. I feel like we've thrown a 4th in the trash.

There's a difference between taking a flyer in the draft on a guy that you don't have evidence on in the pros yet. It's quite another thing to take a flyer on a guy you e already seen be inadequate. To the point that the 49ers have already given up on his despite putting quite a lot of resources into just a couple years ago.
Maybe so although I'd rather roll the dice on a 4 and Lance's raw tools than almost any of the guys who go between the 2nd-4th the last few years. I wasn't a fan of Lance going that high at all coming out because he was so raw, but he has potential and a reputation as a leader/hard worker, so why not?

I'm not thrilled with it being a 4 but I'd be happy with a 5, so whatever. The risk proposition is solid even if it's a long shot, because if it does work out he's a franchise QB or a high end trade chip.

Top Bottom