Cowboys Trade for QB Trey Lance

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They keep saying that he needs to play, but I don't see how that happens in the short-term. He was third in Frisco and now he's third in Dallas.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
you can't be mad at the dice roll.
Sure you can. A 4th is too much for a big time bust.

It also puts a bit of pressure on Dak to not try to squeeze every last cent out of an extension.

It does no such thing since Lance sucks. It's like saying having Cooper Rush puts pressure on Dak to be reasonable with his extension.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus Christ.

I am off writing some long winded post and then I see this.

What the fucking hell is going on?

I have had a very stressful day and I am trying to keep it inside.

This QB drama is not something I am interested in having right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure you can. A 4th is too much for a big time bust.

It does no such thing since Lance sucks. It's like saying having Cooper Rush puts pressure on Dak to be reasonable with his extension.
If he looks decent in practice it gives the team a small bit of leverage. I don't think Dak actually wants to leave Dallas and some of the negotiating power he had last time was that you couldn't actually argue that we had any sort of reasonable replacement or any sort of path forward without him.

It's a bit of a stretch but if Lance looks encouraging in practice (which none of us will know) it's at least some kind of fallback where the FO could at least try to threaten walking away if his demands are outrageous with a straight face.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fourth round. Seems kind of rich.
I agree, I was hoping maybe we were at least getting a fifth or sixth back in return.

I mean I'm ok with adding Lance and seeing if we can develop him. He is 23 years old. Basically the same age as other QBs drafted this year. He has some serious physical tools. But getting beat out by Darnold sort of tells you how far along he is. You basically have to treat him like taking a fourth round shot on a rookie QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a bit of a stretch but if Lance looks encouraging in practice (which none of us will know) it's at least some kind of fallback where the FO could at least try to threaten walking away if his demands are outrageous with a straight face.
Plus if you develop him he may actually have trade value.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
In the words of Family Guy, it's not even the best Dakota.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he looks decent in practice it gives the team a small bit of leverage. I don't think Dak actually wants to leave Dallas and some of the negotiating power he had last time was that you couldn't actually argue that we had any sort of reasonable replacement or any sort of path forward without him.

That "if" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Top Bottom