Cowboys Start DC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Yeah who cares who the DC is. Mccarthy is gone next year as is this entire staff

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Maybe if he was a QB whisperer type you could blame him but ultimately talent acquisition is on the front office, and especially when you have a coach with a defensive background.

I wouldn't absolve a defensive minded HC for not figuring out how to make his offense better just like I wouldn't absolve an offensive minded HC for not figuring out how to get the defense fixed.

You're the head coach of the entire team, you don't get to just ignore half the team because it's not your area of expertise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the caveman, but you have to think that he is not really accomplished as a defensive play caller at all.
I love that he brings that no nonsense physical approach to football. But calling plays and designing schemes is a different animal. He may be better as a head coach than he is as a coordinator.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love that he brings that no nonsense physical approach to football. But calling plays and designing schemes is a different animal. He may be better as a head coach than he is as a coordinator.
And that is what some folks don’t get. He got pushed hard through the ranks and had one year as a DC. And that was with Romeo Crennel running the show as “assistant head coach”.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All of them?
Mostly the take that Vrabel and Rivera would be downgrades. I think they are different but not necessarily downgrades. But hell most of the names on that list are different than Quinn. And while different systems, I actually see some similarities with Rivera to when we hired Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom