Cowboys Start DC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just seems kinda weird Whitt would rather go to a talentless defense.
He has a guaranteed 3-4 years in DC unless they completely tank, whereas here it's 50/50 at best that McCarthy and the rest of the staff is back in 2025.

I'd imagine that's what it mostly comes down to.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Rivera and Vrabel.
Line em up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has a guaranteed 3-4 years in DC unless they completely tank, whereas here it's 50/50 at best that McCarthy and the rest of the staff is back in 2025.

I'd imagine that's what it mostly comes down to.
Nolan probably thought the same when he joined McCarthy

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If Whitt doesn’t like interview competition, screw him. He doesn’t have an exclusive on this gig. May the best candidate win.

I don't think it's that so much as if he has a guaranteed DC job now with Quinn, that might be more valuable to him than a possibility of a DC job with us in a week but maybe not.

If he doesn't take the job with Quinn now he could miss out entirely if we decide later to go in a different direction but by then Quinn picks someone else.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think it's that so much as if he has a guaranteed DC job now with Quinn, that might be more valuable to him than a possibility of a DC job with us in a week but maybe not.

If he doesn't take the job with Quinn now he could miss out entirely if we decide later to go in a different direction but by then Quinn picks someone else.
Plus here it could (probably will) be a one-year job. There he'd probably get at least three.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Am I the only one not overly impressed with Vrabel, even just as a DC?

I get the toughness vibes that people are enamored with, but I don't get a sense that he's particularly impressive with Xs and Os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom