Cowboys sign Prescott to a 4 year contract

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't like that idea.

The concept of "build around" a QB is not something this franchise is equipped to do, even if you factor in the bust factor of a 1st round QB.

This front office is not a build anything. They have to be handed the perfect team.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Let's recap those days...

Aikman's last year (2000) we had Randall Cunningham and Anthony Wright as our backups

2001 we had Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner and Anthony Wright

2002 we had Chad Hutchison and Quincy Carter

2003 we had Quincy Carter (what a brutal year this was)

2004 we had Drew Bledsoe and Vinny T

2005 we had Drew Bledsoe

2006 we saw Tony Romo for the first time after Bledsoe was benched by Parcells

Yeah, it was without a doubt QB hell, and a place I never want to revisit. Fucking sign Dak already.
I aged 5 years reading that. Hard to believe the shitbirds that came through here between Troy and Tony. Stoerner.. someone needed to be kicked in the nuts...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This front office is not a build anything. They have to be handed the perfect team.
And stay the fuck out of the way.

Unfortunately that didn’t happen in 2007 when they were handed a pretty damned good team.

They hired an OC to undermine a puppet head coach and created a total circus atmosphere.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And stay the fuck out of the way.

Unfortunately that didn’t happen in 2007 when they were handed a pretty damned good team.

They hired an OC to undermine a puppet head coach and created a total circus atmosphere.
13 wins

13 pro bowlers

:jerry

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't like that idea.

The concept of "build around" a QB is not something this franchise is equipped to do, even if you factor in the bust factor of a 1st round QB.
We’re built around a has been running back anywho

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Parcells gets that 2007 team to a Super Bowl.
I believe Jerry signed T.O. in spite of Parcells not wanting him and that seemed to be the nail in the coffin in 2006, IIRC.
However even Parcells recognized Owens as elite. Without Owens, that team was not a contender as the last game in Washington and second half the game before vs Carolina clearly demonstrated.

Owens had blown games wide open for us all year, but the nagging injuries like his broken hand and finally his HAS finally caught up to him, and us.

When he came back in the playoffs, he was a shadow of himself playing on a bum leg.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Initially I thought it was Fisher floating this dumb idea but I see that it's actually Florio.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak signs the FT, then it’s 50% he’s not a Cowboy in 2022. Barring a mid season miracle, Dak would hit FA after the season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dak signs the FT, then it’s 50% he’s not a Cowboy in 2022. Barring a mid season miracle, Dak would hit FA after the season.
It would have to happen sooner than mid season. New deals for Franchise Tag players has a deadline prior to season start.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It would have to happen sooner than mid season. New deals for Franchise Tag players has a deadline prior to season start.
If Dak actually signs the FT, it 99% means we would not have made any progress-- just like last year. Last year he signed it in June.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't think he's coming back if we tag him again. And unlike Detroit and Philly, we'd risk losing him for nothing in return.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think he's coming back if we tag him again. And unlike Detroit and Philly, we'd risk losing him for nothing in return.
It's the worst possible move to tag him again.

But these stupid fuckers are determined to string Dak along until the last possible moment, and so are Dak's agents apparently.

A deal could get done just like that if they really wanted it.

A second consecutive franchise tag all but erases any chance of an impact free agent because we have to clear up 37 million in cap space and it also at least 50% (maybe closer to 75%) boots Dak out the door.

A mid-season miracle re-signing would be severely overpriced relative to signing him in the next few weeks. After the season, there's no reason for him to sign with Dallas when full blown FA awaits him in 2022.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's the worst possible move to tag him again.

But these stupid fuckers are determined to string Dak along until the last possible moment, and so are Dak's agents apparently.

A deal could get done just like that if they really wanted it.

A second consecutive franchise tag all but erases any chance of an impact free agent because we have to clear up 37 million in cap space and it also at least 50% (maybe closer to 75%) boots Dak out the door.

A mid-season miracle re-signing would be severely overpriced relative to signing him in the next few weeks. After the season, there's no reason for him to sign with Dallas when full blown FA awaits him in 2022.
Why is it the worst possible time to tag Prescott? They could make an agreement that if he performed to certain criteria then then he would get a contract that both sides had agree to before the season starts. The time of the tag could be as short as the first 4 games of the season to show proof of physical suitability with the ankle and overall performance as a franchise QB.

Top Bottom