Cowboys Sign Ezekiel Elliott

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
So, let's see. A rookie LT, a rookie guard (or center), a mediocre center, a stud RG but now on his last legs, a third-rate RT.

At RB: Elliott, Dowdle, Luepke, Vaughn, et al.

When MM took over as OC, his announced intention was to "run the damn ball."

If Prescott has any brains or foresight, he could look forward to a whole season of 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6, with two rookie OLinemen and one turnstile RT protecting you on 3rd down — the plays being called by a lame-duck HC whose play calling has mostly sucked when it really counted.

The pockmarked fat-fuck and the herpes-ridden skeleton-fossil are setting Prescott up for failure.

Dude, find a way to get yourself on IR and get the fuck out of there.
McCarthys shit play calling doesn’t get enough finger pointing around here. He had his ass handed to him numerous times in big games especially considering he had a “reset time” away from the game to get better and hone his analytics.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus Christ that brought back bad memories, which led to the Elliott over-index.
Yeah wait for the Ollie Gordon over draft next year to compensate for this mess. Just like Zeke it will look great for a few years. Or maybe we go back to the Ohio State well with Judkins.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Saw Broaddus with that Voch guy saying the team really loves Dowdle.

Seems that Rico and Brock Hoffman are their guys. :doh

Hopefully the guy Broaddus talks to is either lying or uninformed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems that Rico and Brock Hoffman are their guys.
Brock is just getting love because he works hard. He doesn't miss a day working out at their facility. And on top of that works additionally with Duke every day. They love the guys effort. Those types should get props.

But when it comes down to it they know he lacks the talent. It's why they drafted Beebe. If they thought Hoffman was legitimately good, I don't think they take Beebe there.

As far as Dowdle they have always loved him. I actually used to think he was total trash. Last year he kind of impressed me. But he has never really had significant carries. And on top of that he always seems to get hurt. I wouldn't mind him as part of a rotation but he shouldn't be by far the best guy in your rotation.

p1_

DCC 4Life
As far as Dowdle they have always loved him. I actually used to think he was total trash. Last year he kind of impressed me. But he has never really had significant carries. And on top of that he always seems to get hurt. I wouldn't mind him as part of a rotation but he shouldn't be by far the best guy in your rotation.
this. He has never stayed healthy, and I think he won't stay healthy this year either.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not in 2015.

But we did have McFadden who was at least not a disaster.

Our current situation is Hambrick bad.
Randle started the season as the starter. Was
he the one arrested for stealing from a mall? He lasted just 6 games that season.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Randle started the season as the starter. Was
he the one arrested for stealing from a mall? He lasted just 6 games that season.
Yes. Stealing underwear, of all things.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Inexperienced O-line, trash backfield. Dak has Lamb and Turd (great combo). Defenses can focus on those two, no problem. Looks like this offense is going to be one of the league's worst .... IMO

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inexperienced O-line, trash backfield. Dak has Lamb and Turd (great combo). Defenses can focus on those two, no problem. Looks like this offense is going to be one of the league's worst .... IMO
I mean hopefully in year two Cooks and Dak will have better chemistry. We don't need greatness just dudes who can consistently beat mean coverage.

As far as it's concerned that's basically what we had last year. I mean Gallup was awful. Tolbert, Brooks or whoever can't really be much worse than Gallup last year can they? Tolbert in year 3 just needs to be a 400-500 yard receiver to be what Gallup was last year. He had 268 last year, so that doesn't seem crazy to me with more opportunities.

Of course I think Jalen Brooks may end up better than him. But that may have just been the hype he was getting. We never really saw it.

Top Bottom