Cowboys Sign Anthony Barr

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The other thing that bothers me is that they clearly were ready to give Gregory 14/year and when he turned it down they just packed it in, re-signed Armstrong and gave Fowler a throwaway deal.

There were plenty of other options out there in that 14/year range but they refuse to consider any external FA's unless they're willing to take about 3-4 on a 1 year deal.

Supposedly they offered that money to Miller though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Supposedly they offered that money to Miller though.
That's not a good faith offer, they knew damn good and well he wouldn't take that and if he did it'd be a massive underpay.

They aren't willing to pay fair market value for external FA's, someone like Haason Reddick for example who went for 15/year.

Genghis Khan

That's not a good faith offer, they knew damn good and well he wouldn't take that and if he did it'd be a massive underpay.

They aren't willing to pay fair market value for external FA's, someone like Haason Reddick for example who went for 15/year.

I think the Gregory money for Miller was a fair offer. I think to the contrary, the Buffalo offer was an overpay.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When Haason Reddick is getting 15/year Miller should be getting 17ish.

You could argue it's negligible but I bet if we had offered Miller 4 years at 17/year it gets done, and we probably end up with the fiercest pass rush in the league.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think the Gregory money for Miller was a fair offer. I think to the contrary, the Buffalo offer was an overpay.
It was an overpay, but guys like Miller who could make a difference the next season or two while Buffalo is competing for it all simply don’t exist on the open market.

I also think they were looking for a guy to create a stronger team culture — something alien to the Joneses

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Apparently, you just don't understand the "honest offer" that is a Goof Son trademark.

Genghis Khan

Only monetarily.

Not even that, it's just market perception. Miller is a much better player but has a lot more miles on him. So most teams are hesitant. Even if he's a 20 million dollar player today, is he in 23? Or 24, etc? Not to mention the odds of injury go up and up as he ages.

6 years 120 million at age 33 is an overpay, even if they can get out after 3 years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not even that, it's just market perception. Miller is a much better player but has a lot more miles on him. So most teams are hesitant. Even if he's a 20 million dollar player today, is he in 23? Or 24, etc? Not to mention the odds of injury go up and up as he ages.

6 years 120 million at age 33 is an overpay, even if they can get out after 3 years.
Agreed, I don’t think he’ll see the end of that contract.

Top Bottom