Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
but it was K-Mart who capped the drive. K-mart broke the Eagles
If not for Harper's Hail Mary catch vs the Redskins a few weeks earlier, after a brutal loss to Houston in OT 2 weeks before that put the team in a little funk (they would lose to the Giants the following week as well) and led to some questioning if the Cowboys might just be too young to be a playoff team, we may not have beaten the Redskins that day and we don't get that spark from beating our undefeated rival that led the team on a run to finish the season and make the playoffs, and if not, then that game in Philly may not have had the same ramifications that it did.

Did you think about that?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
:lol

Come on, Ravi. You can't be serious.

Do you know how many guys DON'T make that play? Or how many guys are actually afraid to get the ball in those moments?

I'll take Aikman's take on this over yours about that play. To paraphrase, "The ball was supposed to go to Michael but he's running the curl so I said I'm just gonna trust this guy to get across the corner's face and let it go and to his credit he ended up making a huge play".

You are criminally underrating the guy.

Alvin Harper may not have been an elite HOF player, but that guy was a fucking difference-maker and our 90s dynasty isn't the same without him.

In 91, in his rookie season, he catches a Hail Mary just before halftime vs the Redskins in a game that both ended the Redskins undefeated season and catapulted those young Cowboys on a run that would get them into the playoffs.

Alvin Harper is responsible for 2 huge catches in that 92 NFCC with the other being that amazing jump ball catch where he snatches it from in front of Eric Davis' face.

Then he goes on and catches the deep ball TD to seal the Super Bowl away 2 weeks later.

The guy then comes back the following season and makes a memorable TD catch in the divisional vs Green Bay where he lands on his head in the endzone and still holds on.

Then he comes back the next week and catches the dagger in the 93 NFCC.

Then the next year he catches the longest TD pass in Cowboys playoff history against the Packers.

My point? Alvin Harper LIVED for big moments and that's what made him fit that team so perfectly.

Overrated 3rd option? :lol

Shiiiieeeet..... He was THE big play guy of that offense and I don't believe that team is the same without those special skills and traits that he possessed.
Sorry, he was an overrated 4th option, since Irvin, Novacek, and Emmitt each caught the ball more, scored more, played more, and did more in the playoffs.

5 or 6 plays by themselves, no matter how splashy or important, are not worth a whole career. You have to do stuff in between, too. Two catches a game? For a 1st round pick? That’s bullshit. There’s a reason the Cowboys let him go.

Alvin Harper was a luxury on an already super talented team.

I lived it, waiting for him to blow up and getting disappointed game after game, until his mandatory circus catch every MNF, and those playoff plays you mentioned.

I’m just going to have to agree to disagree.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I always loved that he wore such a non-WR number in college.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Tony Dorsett Highlights (Final Version)

For some reason again, you can only watch this on the Tube. :sad

Top Bottom