Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Why would anyone of sound mind assume Gregory will be here for 16 games? Guy has proven over and over again you can't depend on him.
It's what we're reduced to after our front office sits back and watches actually good player walk out the door for greener pastures.

Fans will then tell themselves anything.

Such as:
  1. "Crawford has position flex!"
  2. "Quinn wasn't good against the run"
  3. "With no weed policy, maybe we can get Gregory and Irving back?"
  4. "Anthony Brown isn't so bad"
  5. "Joe Looney's back baby!"
Whatever gets them through the night.

:stop

stubbie

Not So New Member
Crazy hasn't caused him to miss any games.
Crazy enough he couldn't quit smoking weed long enough to pass a test. He will be high as hell lost in thought looking at the lights in the stadium rather than rushing the passer. If you are depending on starter production from him on your team, then you are as high as he is.

stubbie

Not So New Member
Just starting in free agency and the world is ending. Why would anyone think we would do a lot in FA anyway? The front office has relied more on the draft in the past 5+ years. Done a pretty good job too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crazy enough he couldn't quit smoking weed long enough to pass a test. He will be high as hell lost in thought looking at the lights in the stadium rather than rushing the passer. If you are depending on starter production from him on your team, then you are as high as he is.
Again, none of that has been a problem except it led to suspensions.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
NT will be completely unaddressed in both FS and the draft. They may shoot for one as an UDFA. But getting a couple of monsters in the middle? Forget it!
Our run defense will continue getting punched in the mouth.

stubbie

Not So New Member
Got to be a heavy defensive draft for us. Probably another shitty DE pick.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Just starting in free agency and the world is ending. Why would anyone think we would do a lot in FA anyway? The front office has relied more on the draft in the past 5+ years. Done a pretty good job too.
Have they?

How's that 2017 1st round pick working out?

How about last year's top draft selection?

How's he doing?

No, the days where the Cowboys and their fans could brag about their draft prowess ended in 2017.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have they?

How's that 2017 1st round pick working out?

How about last year's top draft selection?

How's he doing?

No, the days where the Cowboys and their fans could brag about their draft prowess ended in 2017.
I think it will go back to being better now that Marinelli will no longer be in the war room.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
At this point we have some DEs, I'd just hope they develop. Right now we literally have 2 DTs in the roster.
And I'm betting Jerry is just fine with Woods and Hill. And he's probably thinking Wise is a good depth player. Just waiting to pick up a bottom feeder in FA or draft. Jerry and goof ain't sweating this a bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'm betting Jerry is just fine with Woods and Hill. And he's probably thinking Wise is a good depth player. Just waiting to pick up a bottom feeder in FA or draft. Jerry and goof ain't sweating this a bit.
Have we resigned Woods and I haven't seen it?

I like Wise but he is no fit next to McCoy.

Top Bottom