Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And why the hell hasn't Sanders been signed yet?

How much could he possibly be asking for?

Are they trying to get him on a 1 year deal for 2 mill or something?

Shit, get it done already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Nice and cheap. Just like Goof Son wanted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And why the hell hasn't Sanders been signed yet?

How much could he possibly be asking for?

Are they trying to get him on a 1 year deal for 2 mill or something?

Shit, get it done already.
I would rather pony up for Griffin. We can draft a third WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just because you got screwed by contracts in the past doesn't mean you don't sign any premier FA's ever again.
No kidding. Sign better guys, it's not that hard. And it's not like free agency has no value. Some really good players actually do hit free agency. But instead of trying to add those really good players in free agency we don't try because you might pick the wrong one. I've defended the Cowboys spending in the past as not being cheap but just being smart with their money. But we have money now. Even with Cooper and Dak's contracts on the books. Yet we still choose to do nothing. It's gotten to the point where it isn't about the cap at all, it's just about being cheap. Unfortunately I think that's all Stephen and we are stuck with him for a long time more than likely.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah give me a DT and DE in free agency instead. Snacks and Griffin would be near the top of my list. I'd feel a lot better heading into the draft needing a slot WR than I would going into the draft needing a starting DE and DT. But that's just me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Exactly. You are going to have to draft a Gallup replacement anyways. Might as well get started.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'm still baffled how Crawford has tricked this organization into thinking he is a good player. The guy is a zero add DE. He is a JAG that I can get just as much production from at DE as the guys we drafted the previous two seasons. He is a little better at DT but you sure as shit don't want him starting next to McCoy. The run defense would be utter shit.
It boggles the mind.

The Lions got Danny Shelton for $4 million a year on a two year deal and the Browns just got Billings for $3.5 million on a one year deal. So we could have had both for less than what we would get by releasing Crawford alone. They have their heads up their asses when it comes to this position.

They deserve it when opposing running games fuck them in the ass.

Maybe they like it?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So would I, but I'm done hoping the Cowboys actually show interest in a player that I feel could help the team.

Reports suggest that the Cowboys actually do have interest in Sanders so I just want to see them sign any quality player at this point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It boggles the mind.

The Lions got Danny Shelton for $4 million a year on a two year deal and the Browns just got Billings for $3.5 million on a one year deal. So we could have had both for less than what we would get by releasing Crawford alone. They have their heads up their asses when it comes to this position.

Maybe they like it?
Yep, and sadly they aren't just going cheap. Because like you mentioned Crawford is going to cost you just as much anyway. They are going lazy which feels far worse.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You couldn't go get Linval or Karl Joseph, Trufant, Chris Harris, or Danny Shelton for the 8-10 mill a year but you keep paying that scrub Tyron Crawford?
Jerry has personally assured Mike McCarthy Crawford's got this covered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So would I, but I'm done hoping the Cowboys actually show interest in a player that I feel could help the team.

Reports suggest that the Cowboys actually do have interest in Sanders so I just want to see them sign any quality player at this point.
I don't even trust when sources claim we are interested in someone. We are supposedly interested in all kinds of guys but never do anything.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It boggles the mind.

It's total proof right there they just don't get it and clearly it went beyond Rod Marinelli.
Maybe they like it?
:rofl

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Yep, and sadly they aren't just going cheap. Because like you mentioned Crawford is going to cost you just as much anyway. They are going lazy which feels far worse.
They're going stupid, which is the most frustrating thing of all.

Top Bottom