Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You answered your own question.

First, the Red-headed moron led them to an 8-8 record, so 9 wins would be "improvement" all by itself.

Secondly, yes, going from awful coaching to good coaching will bring improvement. In all facets.
So less talented roster yet more wins. Hmmm

Seems like coaching would be the obvious reason for that. But who knows.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If this is a 9 win team as constructed then I'm just mystified as to where all this improvement was supposed to come from now that we've gone from awful coaching to good coaching.
I think last year's roster with a good staff wins 11 games.

I think this year's team will be good as well, but I think they have the potential to be great if they were willing to spend a bit and sign 2 or 3 difference-makers, not just solid starter types.

But for whatever reason, going after the guys with pro bowl talent just isn't something this organization wants to do via FA anymore.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life

Exactly right.

On his best day, Garrett couldn't shine a Super Bowl coach's shoes.

And if you want to go up and down the list of assistants, that just makes the case even stronger.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think last year's roster with a good staff wins 11 games.
Hell, if they even had a semblance of a kicker (and a coach who could see that), they would have won at least 10 games. In terms of roster talent, scheduling, health, and a weak division and overall conference, 2019 will go down in history as arguably the biggest missed opportunity in this franchise's history.

I think this year's team will be good as well, but I think they have the potential to be great if they were willing to spend a bit and sign 2 or 3 difference-makers, not just solid starter types.

But for whatever reason, going after the guys with pro bowl talent just isn't something this organization wants to do via FA anymore.
That does piss me off to no end. I truly expected more of a 'win now' approach to free agency. Not reckless, but not asleep at the wheel either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's cool though, we're only sitting on a cool 20 in cap space with more to come if Dak signs a long term extension, what can you really do with that?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure we will sign some guys but it's like they wait for too long for no reason and have limited options. Not everyone has been massively over paid in free agency. We could have easily been in on some of those guys if we just tried. But instead we don't want to put in the work. I mean if I'm the Cowboys I create list of every free agent. Target 5-10 guys at every position of need and find the ones willing to sign for a little less. Some of those guys will get crossed off as other teams are willing to pay more but it's like we aren't even trying with some of these guys.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I hate Jerry’s fucking guts.

I haven’t said that in like 5-6 years. And it felt good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I don’t think this will be a less talented roster.

Of course I also think this will be an 11 win team. But it’s fun to see everyone getting their ducks in a row.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

All you assholes who don't think Stephen Jones isn't sweating away to make this team better needs to shut the fuck up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don’t think this will be a less talented roster.
They've lost Jones, Quinn, Collins, and Cobb, as well as a handful of role players (and whatever you want to classify Witten as). Added McCoy plus a role playing CB.

Not sure how you can conclude this won't be a less talented roster. Maybe even significantly less.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
They've lost Jones, Quinn, Collins, and Cobb, as well as a handful of role players (and whatever you want to classify Witten as). Added McCoy plus a role playing CB.

Not sure how you can conclude this won't be a less talented roster. Maybe even significantly less.
So far, this is significantly less

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Not over yet. We are getting back Gregory, McCoy, Crawford, we may add Sanders, there are other free agents too. Plus we have upgraded the kicking situation for most of the season.

We are basically down a “#1 CB” that no one even cared about losing to this point. And we still have the draft.

Witten I keep hearing is addition by subtraction.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not over yet. We are getting back Gregory, McCoy, Crawford, we may add Sanders, there are other free agents too. Plus we have upgraded the kicking situation for most of the season.

We are basically down a “#1 CB” that no one even cared about losing to this point. And we still have the draft.

Witten I keep hearing is addition by subtraction.
Dude, it is over. The things you say about Gregory and Crawford are why it is over. They are counting on two losers.

They really are sitting there and saying they are ready for the season save the draft.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Fwiw Fisher was saying on the radio today that Crawford will only be back if he takes a reduced salary

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fwiw Fisher was saying on the radio today that Crawford will only be back if he takes a reduced salary
Fisher is an uninformed twit who likes to pretend he is plugged in.

Why wouldn't they have already told him to take a cut? Wouldn't yesterday have been the best time to do that?

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom