Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I still wonder what happened to Cheeto. He was so good early on IMO. Not sure how or why he fell off so much last year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Worley has legitimate starting experience, so that's a pretty solid depth signing at this point, and what I assume we signed him for.

Not sure why we signed a schlub like Canady before him but whatever.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
In reading up on Worley, that seems to be his strong suit, getting his hands on the football. He had a good number of picks in college, especially the year he entered the draft. Unfortunately, he also seems to have the same affinity for getting into trouble off the field. I hope that's behind him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worley has legitimate starting experience, so that's a pretty solid depth signing at this point, and what I assume we signed him for.

Could be special teams. Could be that Worley's price had to come down. Not sure if it would have impacted our ability to get comp picks. I'm sure there is some rational there but in terms of corner depth Worley is a better player than Canady. I'm still not convinced that Worley isn't being signed to play safety and compete with Woods and HaHa for playing time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Awuzie played some safety in college too as I recall. They may be considering moving him there as well.
That is more in line with what the Worley signing is all about. Awuzie may be the one moving inside.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He didn’t do squat in Seattle did he?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Clowney is ok but he's never had double digit sacks. And yeah, he had 3 sacks last year for Seattle.

I'd be for sure interested, but.... depends on the cost. Also keep in mind we have a ton of young DL and someone would have to get cut. Joe Jackson or Dorrance Armstrong probably gone.

If anything maybe you are buying yet another comp pick if you give him a one year deal and then he signs another big contract with someone else the year after.

Maybe if you could get him for a reasonable mid-term deal (3 years).

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Now they no longer count in the compensatory pick calculation.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys signing OL Cam Erving.

Wonder if it's to start at center.

Like booze said: They aren't effing around.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys signing OL Cam Irving.

Wonder if it's to start at center.

Like booze said: They aren't effing around.
Wow. Fat Mike is playing for keeps.

I don't think Erving is in the running to start anywhere. Swing interior and can play tackle.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd imagine that's purely a depth signing, perhaps as a swing tackle or could kick inside if need be.

I'd be pretty shocked if he started at center over the 3 in-house candidates.

Very solid signing at this point though.

Top Bottom