Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Another radical difference in the regime. They are not allergic to veterans and are not programmed to like what they have.
So far.

Maybe these are just the guys McCarthy likes. Once everything is in place the way he wants it, that's the true test. Does he still turn over and churn the roster?

We used to do a bunch more early in the Garrett regime. Then it stagnated.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So, after the draft we sign a QB and another OL. There has to be some good reason for not signing an Everson Griffen.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I still wonder what happened to Cheeto. He was so good early on IMO. Not sure how or why he fell off so much last year.
Jones allowed to walk. Brown re-signs, but for for minimal $. Canady signed (minimal deal). Diggs drafted in 2, Robinson in 4. Worley signs a minimal deal.

Chido and Lewis should rent, not buy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we should re-sign one of Awuzie or Lewis depending on how they perform in 2020.

A CB corps moving forward of Awuzie or Lewis/Diggs/Robinson/Brown is very strong and needs no further draft capital invested for at least 2 offseasons. One potential complicating factor to watch would be if Awuzie takes to moving to safety and looks like a potential long-term piece there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Another radical difference in the regime. They are not allergic to veterans and are not programmed to like what they have.
I think this shows that was more a product of the coaching staff than the F.O.

One is gone and the other is still here, and the way we are operating is night and day from what it was just a few months ago.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So, after the draft we sign a QB and another OL. There has to be some good reason for not signing an Everson Griffen.
I think they are waiting to see what the status of Gregory and Smith is. It doesn't look like anybody is in any hurry to sign Griffen at the moment. FA money is tight right now with most teams. And I'd bet Griffen himself is waiting to see if there are any training camp injuries to drive his price up as much as possible.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Garrett had a very insular view of his coaching staff in later years when about 25% or so of the staff was made up of former players (Moore, Colombo, Kitna, Lett, Tanner). I suspect he did it because he didn't have in-depth connections around the league because he literally never coached anywhere except Dallas in any serious capacity, and because he didn't want his authority questioned by people from outside the organization who had seen things done differently elsewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did more or less the same thing with players where he wanted to avoid too many established veterans from other teams who had seen things done a different way.

Basically I don't think the guy wanted to be questioned by anybody who had been around real organizations/coaching staffs for too long and wanted to keep everything insular and inbred.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wonder if Peters would swallow his pride and sign as a backup. That way we still have a chance if Tyron misses a game (and he will).

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
forgot about that turd. didn't we sign Rush to an extension before we kicked him to the curb?

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I wonder if Peters would swallow his pride and sign as a backup. That way we still have a chance if Tyron misses a game (and he will).
I have to think that Peters ultimately ends up back with the Eagles if he does play.

Top Bottom