Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Poe brings more pass rush and is a bit younger, although I think Harrison is probably still better against the run while Suh is the most well-rounded of the three, but he's the oldest.

It's hard to argue that there's a clear cut best option but I'd probably go with Suh if we're talking a 1 year deal and ignoring the money.
Yeah, if we're only doing one year then I too would chose Suh.

If it's 3 years, give me Harrison because we haven't had a guy who collapsed the run on his own since Parcells was here.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Oh, cool, so only teams running a 3-4 can have run-stuffing 320+ lb. NT's?

It's funny to me when people who don't actually study football throw out half assed comments like this because the only prism through which they understand football is in the dysfunctional way the Cowboys operate. So because the Cowboys refused to have any DT over about 300 lbs due to Marinelli's bullshit this must mean that they're going to a 3-4 now that they've signed one.

This guys a gangster? His real names Clarence.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, if we're only doing one year then I too would chose Suh.

If it's 3 years, give me Harrison because we haven't had a guy who collapsed the run on his own since Parcells was here.
To me Harrison and McCoy just make the most sense as a combination. Two guys that each sort of specialize in their own area.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It's funny to me when people who don't actually study football throw out half assed comments like this because the only prism through which they understand football is in the dysfunctional way the Cowboys operate. So because the Cowboys refused to have any DT over about 300 lbs due to Marinelli's bullshit this must mean that they're going to a 3-4 now that they've signed one.

This guys a gangster? His real names Clarence.
It was a pretty poor assumption because Carolina was not a true 3-4 with both McCoy and Poe.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I don't get the 34 assumption. McCoy is your classic 3 tech, Poe the 1 tech. And I don't think Lawrence is a stand up 34 OLB.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Poe brings more pass rush and is a bit younger, although I think Harrison is probably still better against the run while Suh is the most well-rounded of the three, but he's the oldest.

It's hard to argue that there's a clear cut best option but I'd probably go with Suh if we're talking a 1 year deal and ignoring the money.
This team has had issues stopping the run when it mattered the most, so I’d lean towards Harrison. I’d also like to see the Cowboys get another dynamic edge guy to help Lawrence and get another athletic LB on the field.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Exactly. It’s retardation to take the team’s best defender and turn him into a linebacker. He could do it, but why?

The position is 1T and Poe is built for it. He just is unlikely to remain healthy for 16+ games.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Poe is way more talented than Harrison ever was. Unfortunately he’s far more brittle at this point too

Newt

DCC 4Life
I won't bitch about it. If we end up with a combination of Lawrence, McCoy and Poe up front I consider that a big upgrade. In fact we have been begging for a d-line like that for years. Granted i wish they were a little younger but beggars can't be choosers. Now, take those three and find a way to get production out of the other defensive end and hopefully we start seeing some turn overs.

Top Bottom