Cowboys Coaching Carousel 2024

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ellis is whatever, just glad they brought in Guenther.

Would be really awesome if they brought in Wilks as the passing game coordinator while leaving Harris as DB's (just CB's?) coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it as Harris as the DB coach.
This is akin to having had Haley do similar. Only Haley has 5 rings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one could possibly ever have taught Ware that move other than Ellis I'm sure.
Eh, it's better than Shariff Floyd ever did in his career. I always disliked Ellis a little for the Moss situation but he was actually a pretty good player. He was just never special and thus could never live up to what could have been if we drafted Moss. And I wanted Moss more than anything in that draft.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Eh, it's better than Shariff Floyd ever did in his career. I always disliked Ellis a little for the Moss situation but he was actually a pretty good player. He was just never special and thus could never live up to what could have been if we drafted Moss. And I wanted Moss more than anything in that draft.

But that alone says nothing about whether Ellis will be a good coach. And Ware was going to be great regardless.

It's pretty silly of Vila to try to give Ellis credit for coaching Ware up.

p1_

DCC 4Life
But that alone says nothing about whether Ellis will be a good coach. And Ware was going to be great regardless.

Says he got 3 more sacks the second season just because of Ellis.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah, it's silly to give him credit. But I also think it just shows Ellis was a smart player who was willing to help others. I mean Ellis was a technician more than anything. I feel like after he snapped his leg he was never really winning with athletic ability, he had to win with technique. No reason to overrate this, he is an assistant to an assistant. He is basically there to learn, be a bitch boy and maybe get a chance to move up the coaching ranks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No one could possibly ever have taught Ware that move other than Ellis I'm sure.
And I'm sure the jump from his rookie year of 8 sacks to his second year with an 11.5 had nothing to do with his HOF talent and getting another year of NFL experience and was more due to Ellis' teachings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I'm sure the jump from his rookie year of 8 sacks to his second year with an 11.5 had nothing to do with his HOF talent and getting another year of NFL experience and was more due to Ellis' teachings.
I'm sure he learned a lot from year one to year too. He probably also got bigger and stronger. Just wait until he teaches the special chop to Sam Williams. Unstoppable force after that!!!!

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
It would have been so much better if Randy Moss was coming home to coach the WRs.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I liked Greg Ellis. He was a lot better than people gave him credit for. He was unfairly compared to Randy Moss, even to this day. Wasn't his fault this team stupidly passed up drafting Moss. Along with 20 or so other teams.

data

Forbes #1
Better Top 10 pick than Newman or TFRW.

Sucks he lost a prime year with that broken leg IIRC. Later in his career, still had success when miscast as a 3-4 OLB

Best opposite side rushing mate Ware ever had

Mr. Running Through the Hold

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I liked Greg Ellis. He was a lot better than people gave him credit for. He was unfairly compared to Randy Moss, even to this day. Wasn't his fault this team stupidly passed up drafting Moss. Along with 20 or so other teams.
He was a solid player for sure, but he was such a whiney bitch that he was hard to like.

Top Bottom