Cowboys Coaching Carousel 2024

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The thing about Slowik that gives me pause is the "unknowns"... new HC, rookie QB, first time playcaller, what happens when defenses get tape and have a chance to analyze what he's doing? Even Kyle Shanahan looked mortal when he was missing a few of his studs (when they lost three straight). Let's see if he can adapt when the time comes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The thing about Slowik that gives me pause is the "unknowns"... new HC, rookie QB, first time playcaller, what happens when defenses get tape and have a chance to analyze what he's doing? Even Kyle Shanahan looked mortal when he was missing a few of his studs (when they lost three straight). Let's see if he can adapt when the time comes.
It is pretty clear that the Metrosexual offense works. Now the question becomes if you get the interbred versions.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Said it before, but I like Mike and even I don't really want him back. Not with Dak. Things will just end the same and you'll get all the blame.

If I were him I'd almost want out so I could OC somewhere for a year, then get another HC job. But I know coaches don't really think that way.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
Said it before, but I like Mike and even I don't really want him back. Not with Dak. Things will just end the same and you'll get all the blame.

If I were him I'd almost want out so I could OC somewhere for a year, then get another HC job. But I know coaches don't really think that way.
I don't think he'd need to. His results speak for themselves, both with his past in GB and his overall record in Dallas. Someone like Carolina who need to find a way to salvage a young QB would be all over him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think he'd need to. His results speak for themselves, both with his past in GB and his overall record in Dallas. Someone like Carolina who need to find a way to salvage a young QB would be all over him.
I know it wouldn't happen, but I almost wonder if anyone would be interested in him right now. He could leave and Jerry wouldn't have to pay him to sit at home, and everyone wins.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I bet Quinn ends up with Panthers. Everyone else bails on him and he gets stuck with Tepper,

Newt

DCC 4Life
Good fucking riddance.
I think we can do much worse than Dan Quinn as DC. But I'm over it at this point. The coaches we NEED to beat know his tendencies and he doesn't seem to want to change them. We consistently beat up on bad teams, struggle with middle of the road teams, and get shellacked by good teams. I don't know if the Packers are a "good" team, but the coach certainly had a plan for us and it worked perfectly.

I do know that it won't matter who the DC is if we don't have the right talent on the field. Linebacker and defensive tackle have to be a priority in the off season. Otherwise we are spinning our wheels.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I bet Quinn ends up with Panthers. Everyone else bails on him and he gets stuck with Tepper,
Very possible. Coaches pretty much take any NFL HC job they can, but Tepper is so toxic you have to think all the hot names go with someone else.

Here's my question... What if Quinn doesn't get a job? And I think that's very possible. Doesn't that affect McCarthy? Because I don't think Jerry will bring everything back status quo. He can't sell that again. If Dan leaves and we get a new DC and staff, he might can sell that.

But I don't know if he fires Dan outright. Maybe he has to, but he won't want to.

So if Dan doesn't get a job, does that make it more likely he fires MM? I think so.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Or we could pump Thomas and Bell full of industrial strength steroids and LB is fixed.

BOOM!!

They should hire me for solutions.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Very possible. Coaches pretty much take any NFL HC job they can, but Tepper is so toxic you have to think all the hot names go with someone else.

Here's my question... What if Quinn doesn't get a job? And I think that's very possible. Doesn't that affect McCarthy? Because I don't think Jerry will bring everything back status quo. He can't sell that again. If Dan leaves and we get a new DC and staff, he might can sell that.

But I don't know if he fires Dan outright. Maybe he has to, but he won't want to.

So if Dan doesn't get a job, does that make it more likely he fires MM? I think so.
Someone gets sacrificed for sure. Just like what happens here. :lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think someone will hire Quinn, so we dont have to worry about firing him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And we wonder why the defense wasn't prepared at all. This is why I fucking hate this stuff going on during the playoffs. Quinn was busy preparing for like 5 interviews instead of preparing to advance in the playoffs. I wish we had a head coach with the balls to tell his assistants to fuck off with interviewing during the season.

Top Bottom