Cowboys at Chargers | Week 4 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/29/2013

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
None of us are on the inside, but, I agree with you. i would love to see urgency. It looks as though it is lacking. I am not sure why.
This team has been complacent for years....I saw it even under Parcells.

There can only be so many reasons why. Numerous coaches haven't been able to unlock the grip...numerous players have come and gone.....so what is causing it?

UncleMilti

Staff member
Which makes my point. I am in a tiny minority, I like Garrett still. However, I am open to a replacement if someone can name one. I can't.
I don't think you could have Carrolls rah-rah, with Jerrys rah rah....you think we have a fucking circus now?

UncleMilti

Staff member
For the record, I don't know how much I blame Garrett. He obviously isn't getting results- even though Jerry thinks he is. Maybe that's just all part of the dysfunction of this organization. Everyone THINKS they are doing a great job, because they are constantly being told they are by the man who signs their check and has his own radio show.

Outside the circle though the Cowboys are chokers and underachievers, and have been for years.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even in our hurry up we seemed sluggish...I want crispness. I do like that our penalties are down though.
We have continued to have penalties at the worst times though. Holding to kill drives. Offsides or pass interference to prolong the opponent's drives.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This offense isn't good and it hasn't been good for a few years now.

We almost never exploit other teams' weaknesses and we fail to create mismatches .

We can't find ways to get Dez the ball consistently and we have no identity on offense. What type of offense are we? No one can answer that because there is nothing that we do or attempt to do on a weekly basis.

This isn't going to change so long as our current coaching structure remains in place, and the chances of us putting together a better coaching staff of real quality are also slim given the ownership that is in place.

We're a bad team and we're going to remain one for the foreseeable future so getting upset over this is simply not worth it.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This should remind them to get back to the run game.

Defense can't stay on the field for most of the half.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Off topic, but what do you make of Butch Jones. Not convinced, but he can recruit...
Too early to tell. He inherited a weak roster and no QB. Worley is terrible and Peterman was even worse. Don't blame Butch for not wasting a redshirt on one of the freshmen seeing how it wouldn't really help us this year. His recruiting has been impressive so far but will be interesting to see how many stick if we win 5, 6 or less.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is what I am talking about with Eagles fans and media. An Philly reporter just tweeted that because their next handful of opponents aren't great, they could reel off 4 or 5 in a row. Guess what jackass, those other teams are saying the same about you, because you aren't good either. You are 1-3 and just lost by 30. Get over yourself.

vince

Not So New Member
This team has been complacent for years....I saw it even under Parcells.

There can only be so many reasons why. Numerous coaches haven't been able to unlock the grip...numerous players have come and gone.....so what is causing it?
The easy money Jerry hands them.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Dallas ran the ball well today but didn't do it enough.

The defense can't cover shit over the middle. I hate this defensive scheme.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dallas ran the ball well today but didn't do it enough.

The defense can't cover shit over the middle. I hate this defensive scheme.
yea had a bad feeling after Rivers little jab about our d being strong in the middle of the field

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Which makes my point. I am in a tiny minority, I like Garrett still. However, I am open to a replacement if someone can name one. I can't.
I'm the same way. This effort isn't going to cut it, that being said, I need the name of an acceptable upgrade before I'm ready to move on.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No, I say it when your fucking anointed one head coach fields a grossly unprepared team and acts like a fucking spaz against a clearly undermanned opponent

Other than that, you are right.
I'm right about that too.

There was nothing lamentably wrong with how we played in the first half. The second was a big issue obviously.

Top Bottom