Cowboys at Chargers | Week 4 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/29/2013

junk

Not So New Member
We have talent...that is not an excuse.
We have some talent in some areas. No depth to speak of and lacking in talent in other areas.

What I cannot figure out is how guys come to Dallas and look amazing only to fall off the Earth and become complete liabilities in such short periods of times.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Our next coach has to have emotion...whether that is Holmgren or Gruden...I don't know. I do have a boner for Sumlin.
I'd love to see Gruden here. We'd fall hard when the talent runs out but he'd work wonders with our current offensive talent.

Carl

RIP Brother
Obviously not if you read what I actually wrote.

My solution, having the owner step aside and hire competent football people, isn't going to happen unfortunately.
Yes, sorry, I already acknowledged my error.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We have talent...that is not an excuse.
We have overrated talent. We have an elite DE, LB, WR. After that we have good OT, QB, CB, TE. We are average pretty much everywhere else and have some real holes, notably on the DE and interior OL.

You watch a team like Denver play and realize how far we are from great. It's a chasm. I think I've finally decided Romo's bunch is never gonna get us there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We have some talent in some areas. No depth to speak of and lacking in talent in other areas.

What I cannot figure out is how guys come to Dallas and look amazing only to fall off the Earth and become complete liabilities in such short periods of times.
Look around the league...there are not a bunch of super deep teams in this league. The talent is pretty even, so it comes down to a handful of players and the coach...our is not getting the most out of our top guys.

junk

Not So New Member
Look around the league...there are not a bunch of super deep teams in this league. The talent is pretty even, so it comes down to a handful of players and the coach...our is not getting the most out of our top guys.
Yeah, you are right. I can't disagree with that.

Genghis Khan

Correct.

Carl

RIP Brother
We are leading our division. Have lost two on the road. Who is doing better? Maybe Seattle, but looking back, I would not have even considered Pete Carroll.

Genghis Khan

For the record, Philly stopped having a strong front office when Tom Modrack left. Though part of that was Andy Reid's fault.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We are leading our division. Have lost two on the road. Who is doing better? Maybe Seattle, but looking back, I would not have even considered Pete Carroll.
Maybe? Seriously?

Carl

RIP Brother
Who are our top guys?

Carp

DCC 4Life
We are leading the division, but we should be 4-0. A concern of mine is when Dez has big days we lose...that just baffles me.

Garrett is a cool customer, but I just want some urgency from this team. They crave being pushed...Hatcher is a perfect example...look at how he reacted to being pushed by Marinelli.

Genghis Khan

We are leading the division by default. After next week's prison rape, we will be leading the division at 2-3. Looking ahead on the schedule, we could easily finish as a 7 win team. Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans and Denver all look like tough games for us. Throw in a couple division losses and we are in big trouble. Losing to SD put us in a tough spot.

If we finish 7-9, we really have to fire Garrett just based on the bottom line alone, whether you like him or not. He's had enough time. The arrow is not pointing up.

Carl

RIP Brother
We are leading the division, but we should be 4-0. A concern of mine is when Dez has big days we lose...that just baffles me.

Garrett is a cool customer, but I just want some urgency from this team. They crave being pushed...Hatcher is a perfect example...look at how he reacted to being pushed by Marinelli.
None of us are on the inside, but, I agree with you. i would love to see urgency. It looks as though it is lacking. I am not sure why.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Even in our hurry up we seemed sluggish...I want crispness. I do like that our penalties are down though.

Top Bottom