Cowboys’ free agency approach has been drastically altered by past blunders and it needs revisiting

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's the thing. I DON'T actually believe in Dak. I'm just talking about odds. It's a lot easier to find great skill positions, linemen and defense than great QBs.

If we don't have even a good QB, like let's say we have Quincy, then yes dump him and hunt for an elite guy. Don't pay that to Quincy.

But the odds of starting from scratch and finding a guy who is better than top 10 or 15, which we already have, is really unlikely.

That's not to say I wouldn't immediately replace him if the opportunity for something better presented itself. But we're talking about whether we should have overpaid him like we did. I'm just saying we didn't really have a choice because the alternative is a massive roll of the dice, maybe for a long long time.

And I appreciate you not arguing like a massive douche. It's ok to disagree.
This is pretty much where I'm at. Yes Dak has flaws but I damn sure don't want to be in qb purgatory again. Remember we still have the Jones's as the final decision maker on who we draft/sign

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
So many hypocrites in this fan base ... literally admit to just not wanting to be bad while bashing coaches and ownership for doing the same. So fucking funny lols

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So many hypocrites in this fan base ... literally admit to just not wanting to be bad while bashing coaches and ownership for doing the same. So fucking funny lols
Yes, coaches like Garrett deserve no blame. It's not his fault they couldn't beat the man in front of them.

:picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok find me one player who won a SB while eating up more than 15% of their team's cap like Dak Prescott ... I will wait LOLs
You suck at math. Dak counts 20 mil against the cap next year. The salary cap is over 200 mil. What percentage does he count against the cap? Please feel free to break out that math book of yours.

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
You suck at math. Dak counts 20 mil against the cap next year. The salary cap is over 200 mil. What percentage does he count against the cap? Please feel free to break out that math book of yours.
So they shifted the money around, now do the next year lols (you don't get to push his cap # off for eternity)

Oh let me guess that cap is gonna increase more than it ever has ...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they shifted the money around, now do next year lols

Oh let me guess that cap is gonna increase more than it ever has ...
I'm not sure what the cap will be next year lols

But what does that have to do with the cap now, when you're telling me Dak is killing our cap. Clearly he isn't when he counts less than 10%. LOLs

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
He counts that low bc they shifted the money dumbass. His # is over almost 50 against the season after lols.

Better win the SB this season lols

Def gonna be stacking rings Paying Dak Prescott over 25% of the salary cap <3

50 million cap hit lols

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He counts that low bc they shifted the money dumbass. His # is over almost 50 against the season after lols.

Better win the SB this season lols

Def gonna be stacking rings Paying Dak Prescott over 25% of the salary cap <3

50 million cap hit lols
So you think the salary cap will drop to under 200 mil? Interesting... Or are you still sucking at the maths...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't take much more of this lols shit. Serious.
Yeah his level of fake retard act is getting old. No human could really be this retarded. It's a shtick right? Which one of you is going to admit this is your joke?

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
So you think the salary cap will drop to under 200 mil? Interesting... Or are you still sucking at the maths...
So he will be 21.5 % instead of 25% that is so much better you got me ...

A whopping 0 players have ever won a SB eating up that much of their teams cap (highest ever is right around 14% just fyi)

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The cap is going to get a big increase next year. Not only are we another year away from covid but the new tv deal kicks in

AAron_Burr8

LoL Troll
The cap is going to get a big increase next year. Not only are we another year away from covid but the new tv deal kicks in
That was figured with a 10% increase, it won't go up much more than that. So the #s are gonna pretty close.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That was figured with a 10% increase, it won't go up much more than that. So the #s are gonna pretty close.
The cap means fuckall. They could still do whatever they want we just have the laziest FO in the NFL. See the Rams

Top Bottom