Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They'd probably send their kids to one of the many, many states that will still keep abortion very legal.
Yep, of course this wouldn't make abortion illegal, as the left are screaming. It would just send the issue back to the states.

And I bet a lot of states would have rape exemptions anyway.

But they could also give the child up for adoption.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I blame the left. They're out in full force crying about a woman's reproductive right, yet they can't even agree on what a woman is.

Roe V Wade may have been safe from being overturned if they didn't continue to push the envelope. The arguement became late term abortion vs. abortion at all. Shit, I've heard that California is trying to make it illegal to abort a born full term baby up to 28 days after birth.

Pretty soon the right will adopt the attitude that women's rights aren't needed any longer if the left wants to keep blurring the lines on the sexes. They'd be justified in taking they stance too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Shit, I've heard that California is trying to make it illegal to abort a born full term baby up to 28 days after birth.
WTF? Please tell me this is just some sick and twisted Onion article.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I must admit, I don't care about California's politics anymore since I'm on my way out of here, but I've had 3 different people casually ask me if I've heard about a bill that's being voted on that would allow an "abortion" up to 28 days past full term delivery.

I haven't researched it, but it wouldn't shock me.

Cotton

Staff member
I must admit, I don't care about California's politics anymore since I'm on my way out of here, but I've had 3 different people casually ask me if I've heard about a bill that's being voted on that would allow an "abortion" up to 28 days past full term delivery.

I haven't researched it, but it wouldn't shock me.
Surely fucking not. That's like saying you get 30 days to return a new phone. Surely not. Not even that shithole state would do that.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Okay, a quick search tells me that hyperbole is at least playing a role into interpretation of the bill.

The bill is wanting to remove the right of a coroner to determine the cause of death of a child within 28 days of its birth. Essentially not calling into question the cause of death.

I can see what the uproar is about.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay, a quick search tells me that hyperbole is at least playing a role into interpretation of the bill.

The bill is wanting to remove the right of a coroner to determine the cause of death of a child within 28 days of its birth. Essentially not calling into question the cause of death.

I can see what the uproar is about.
So, you can have the baby and literally strangle it to death and not get brought up for murder because the coroner doesn't get to call the cause of death? Am I understanding that right?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So, you can have the baby and literally strangle it to death and not get brought up for murder because the coroner doesn't get to call the cause of death? Am I understanding that right?
I think that's where people are going with the unintentional consequences of a law.

I'm not admittedly up to speed on this to be any type of authority on what the law actually allows, but on the surface it sounds like a pretty unrealistic proposal.

In real life bad people do shit to innocent babies, that's why questions are raised when newborns die in questionable circumstances. Maybe the bill allows for common sense application? Idk, we're talking about California here. Common sense doesn't really flow free here.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Carlin said it better.

I always thought this was the lamest argument ever. So much misinformation going on.

First of all, there is tremendous support for the poor and adopted in this country. Go ahead and adopt a baby and see how much governmental/public help that is available out there. Adopted kids get free higher education and all sorts of shit. This comes from both parties. If you’re poor or unable to afford healthcare it is paid for by our government. I mean, the bit is funny and all but it is just bullshit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that's where people are going with the unintentional consequences of a law.

I'm not admittedly up to speed on this to be any type of authority on what the law actually allows, but on the surface it sounds like a pretty unrealistic proposal.

In real life bad people do shit to innocent babies, that's why questions are raised when newborns die in questionable circumstances. Maybe the bill allows for common sense application? Idk, we're talking about California here. Common sense doesn't really flow free here.
If you kill a pregnant women it is double homicide. Why?

Cotton

Staff member
Cause it's two fucking people. So much about the left's narrative on abortion is flawed. Like damn near all of it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yes.

It's not going to matter much longer, the left is going to lose out at some point because they radical themselves into an indefensible corner and render themselves completely useles.

You cannot be the party of championing women's rights and at the same time espouse the belief that men can be women and and women can be men. How does that work? It doesn't.

If a man can be a woman and a woman a man, all these women have to do is decide they are no longer women and that baby vanishes on its own. It's that simple if we are to believe that sex is fluid and not biological. It's all subjective and their game can be played against them. No more women's and men rights, just human rights and let's see where this goes. They'll like it a lot less than we do.

Tape your tits down and let's do this shit.

Top Bottom