Abortion... yeah or nah?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just seeing this, but wow, those two women could not have come off any worse. He absolutely owned them with the most basic questions.

And that second doctor who claimed he was inviting violence against her? What a joke.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I keep telling you guys, as a strategy, abortion is an arrow in our quiver. Let these liberals continue to kill off future liberals.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I keep telling you guys, as a strategy, abortion is an arrow in our quiver. Let these liberals continue to kill off future liberals.
With all respect, I hate your idea.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
With all respect, I hate your idea.
Sadly, it’s a new concept that I mostly see as our only hope for combating the awful policy that our own children will have to someday fend off.

I don’t love abortion as a practice, but I also realize the people that do are not going to be raising up high quality people for the most part.

Cotton

Staff member
Sadly, it’s a new concept that I mostly see as our only hope for combating the awful policy that our own children will have to someday fend off.

I don’t love abortion as a practice, but I also realize the people that do are not going to be raising up high quality people for the most part.
The kids don't know what their parent's political leanings are, nor do they have any say in them. So, no.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's an old-world idea, but there are strategies to avoid pregnancy.

I don't understand why just because they're not smart enough to use one of those methods, women should feel it's their right to kill their child.

We compensate irresponsibility in so many respects, though, that it's like "why not this, too?"

Personal accountability, it needs to be taught.

Cotton

Staff member

kidd

DCC 4Life
Just saw this thread and wanted to throw in my two cents.

I have not read all the posts so I will apologize for any repetitiveness.

Like Iamtdg, I too have become more conservative on this issue to the point that I am purely pro-life. The only justification I can find is if there’s the chance that carrying the pregnancy to term will kill both mother and child.

What pushed me so far to the right was a video that I watched by Dennis Prager. Some may have a low opinion of him but I find him to be quite brilliant. His approach was so simple that I just couldn’t argue with it so I will share it here.

The moral question of abortion is not about when life begins. It’s about whether or not we assign value to a human life. Most people assign value to a life based on whether or not that life is wanted.

In other words, the only difference between baby and a clump of cells is whether or not the baby is wanted.

For example, you have a woman who is pregnant and wishes to carry the pregnancy to term; if you light up a cigarette, she will not say, “Pardon me. Please put that out. I don’t want your second hand smoke to harm my clump of cells.”

She will instead say, “I don’t want your second hand smoke harming my BABY!”

So either all life has value or no life has value. Even in cases of rape, that unwanted child has just as much value as a planned pregnancy with two loving parents.

Simplistic yes but it gave me a whole new perspective.

Cotton

Staff member
Just saw this thread and wanted to throw in my two cents.

I have not read all the posts so I will apologize for any repetitiveness.

Like Iamtdg, I too have become more conservative on this issue to the point that I am purely pro-life. The only justification I can find is if there’s the chance that carrying the pregnancy to term will kill both mother and child.

What pushed me so far to the right was a video that I watched by Dennis Prager. Some may have a low opinion of him but I find him to be quite brilliant. His approach was so simple that I just couldn’t argue with it so I will share it here.

The moral question of abortion is not about when life begins. It’s about whether or not we assign value to a human life. Most people assign value to a life based on whether or not that life is wanted.

In other words, the only difference between baby and a clump of cells is whether or not the baby is wanted.

For example, you have a woman who is pregnant and wishes to carry the pregnancy to term; if you light up a cigarette, she will not say, “Pardon me. Please put that out. I don’t want your second hand smoke to harm my clump of cells.”

She will instead say, “I don’t want your second hand smoke harming my BABY!”

So either all life has value or no life has value. Even in cases of rape, that unwanted child has just as much value as a planned pregnancy with two loving parents.

Simplistic yes but it gave me a whole new perspective.
Dead on how I feel, brother. Well said.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Even Roberts signed on, I'd guess he's getting tired of the whole thing and wants to move on

Top Bottom