Abortion... yeah or nah?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Shouldn't the penalty fit the crime? How much is a life worth? Less than a TV?
You're not mentioning that to steal that tv they broke into the house and putting my families lives in danger. I am absolutely shooting first

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You seem to think that I'm a D and as such stand for abortion and against the death penalty.
I remind you I'm not from the USA, much less from any political party.
I've never been to fond of human kind, I do believe we act like a virus.
As such my way of thinking as a youngster was pretty much "shoot them all let God sort them out". Now and especially since I've got kids, I'm more towards giving each the right to choose, I personally wouldn't go the way of the abortion except in extreme cases, but think that should be each persons decision to live with. Regarding the death penalty I'd also be ok with the invested party choosing, but making sure his choice isn't a burden to society. You want to do live, either because you're scared of death or you are innocent and hope that will come to light, fine but have them working to pay for their room and board. Death fine, but non of this months or years in expensive death row, you get swiftly (and in a cost= effective way) executed the next day.
Yeah I'm not assuming anything. Much like you my opinions don't align directly with either the R or D party.

I'm all about freedom of choice for one self. But choosing about someone else's life not so much. Everyone leaves each other alone and no worries. Probably closest to Libertarian really. I think there are all kinds of contradictions inside the Democratic party and the Republican party. They no longer consist of real ideals. They are a Mish mash of whatever works at the moment to get elected.

But it's never that clean all the time. Abortion is where those lines blurr for me. I'm all about the mothers choice of her body, but not all about her choice to end the life of her baby. So it's not an easy line for me to draft. I have zero problems with the morning after pill. Don't try to convince me the day after sex there is a baby there. There isn't. You need at least a heart beat in my opinion to consider that fetus a baby. So up to 6 weeks I know I'm ok with. Beyond 6 weeks, I'd need some convincing. Because at some point that ball of cells has a brain, heart beat, fingers and toes all operating before they come out of the vagina. I'm not going to say it's ok to end that life simply because they haven't passed out of the vagina.

You shoot and kill a pregnant woman and we consider the unborn baby a victim too (criminal law). But you want to kill that unborn baby with an abortion, and that's cool. You've got to make a choice at some point with a line somewhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try to steal his TV and find out.
Wait is the TV in your house? Or outside on the curb? Makes a bit of difference to me. Someone grabs some shit out of my yard and are running away with it, I don't think I'd shoot and kill them (would be murder here anyway for additional motivation). Someone breaks into my house and I have no idea if they are armed and my children are near by? Yeah I shoot.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Wait is the TV in your house? Or outside on the curb? Makes a bit of difference to me. Someone grabs some shit out of my yard and are running away with it, I don't think I'd shoot and kill them (would be murder here anyway for additional motivation). Someone breaks into my house and I have no idea if they are armed and my children are near by? Yeah I shoot.
Stuff outside is fair game, my vehicles are insured, if I set something or leave something outside, that’s my fault.

If someone comes in my house without permission to take something that belongs to me, they won’t have the opportunity to walk back out.

I work too hard to provide for my family, their safety and my belongings are worth more to me than some scumbag.

I spend some nights wishing a motherfucker would try.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What about the TV on your porch? Now we are getting somewhere...
I would probably shoot at their feet to try to get them to drop it. I'm not shooting a man in the back, unless they could be a danger to my family. Now, if that fucker turns and pulls out a weapon...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
At least AM isn't trolling though.

Cotton

Staff member
I spend some nights wishing a motherfucker would try.
I have 3 guns within easy reach of me laying in bed, a shotgun just inside the closet, and the rest of the armory in a gun safe 6 feet from my bed. 2 ARs with 30 round mags fully loaded, shotgun ready to rack and fire, and the pistols I have in a hidden drawer in my night stand are hot and ready to fire. If someone does come into my house, they are going to have great difficulty walking out.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Stop making adoptions insanely expensive and take years in some cases would be a good start.
I fear the logical consequence of this law is that there will be many more babies than prospective adoptive parents.

Cotton

Staff member
I fear the logical consequence of this law is that there will be many more babies than prospective adoptive parents.
And what is the "consequence" if we allow these unfettered abortions to continue to happen?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So the answer is to just kill them?

How... convenient.

Cotton

Staff member
New Zealand "eliminated" Down Syndrome. They are revolutionary. It's just unfortunate they did so by mandating all babies detected with it were aborted. Such visionaries.

Top Bottom