Abortion... yeah or nah?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
First time seeing/responding to this thread. Abortion is wrong in almost every circumstance. The proponents want to cry danger to woman’s health. This is a rare issue. There are plenty of ways to prevent this. Including the morning after whoops I forgot/was drunk/didn’t care because they were smoking hot.
I rarely deal in absolutes. So, I won’t say never but it is rarely a good answer

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Roberts. Again.
He likes to make things 5-4 so the court doesn’t look extreme. He’s very concerned about the court’s image. It’s probably why he upheld Sebelius. He didn’t like the idea that a conservative court would just be shutting down everything a Democratic President tried to do. In his mind it leads to a crisis like under FDR in the 1930s.

But yeah stealing Breyer’s seat would be helpful for just a little more buffer.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He didn’t like the idea that a conservative court would just be shutting down everything a Democratic President tried to do.
Well, that would apply to Obamacare, not Roe v. Wade. Nor does today's ruling overturn the latter.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well, that would apply to Obamacare, not Roe v. Wade. Nor does today's ruling overturn the latter.
Just saying he is concerned about optics. I’m not convinced that if for example Ginsburg was still on the court that he doesn’t vote the other way. But yeah his waffling is annoying.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I’m not convinced that if for example Ginsburg was still on the court that he doesn’t vote the other way.
Oh I am.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Pelosi and Biden come out right away threatening votes on the floor of the house.

Those democrats sure get off on murdering unborn babies.

Sick fucks, why don’t they use their energy on teaching their sloppy cunt followers to stay off their back’s if they don’t want to have a baby, or I don’t know, maybe use contraception or plan b?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Funny how they never mention that the Dems abortion up until birth proposal would be considered radical in most other countries

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe.

But it is so ironic how science determines fetal age but that same science is rejected otherwise.
You mean like boys thinking they can have periods and babies? That science?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe.

But it is so ironic how science determines fetal age but that same science is rejected otherwise.
How does it do that? Not trying to troll, but what is your usage of the term "fetal age" mean?

Are we talking viability? Are we talking heartbeat? Yes, science can determine all those things. They are frequently much earlier than abortion laws allow.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
How does it do that? Not trying to troll, but what is your usage of the term "fetal age" mean?

Are we talking viability? Are we talking heartbeat? Yes, science can determine all those things. They are frequently much earlier than abortion laws allow.
Really? Not trying to troll either, just have no idea what the age of viability is nor what Abe abortion laws allow. I must say that 6 Weeks seems a bit of a low number, I mean if a girl is one week late with her period she'd better get to the clinic asap, check she might be to late already. Also I just don't agree with treating rape victims the same as your basic unwanted pregnancy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also I just don't agree with treating rape victims the same as your basic unwanted pregnancy.
I mean that's difficult. My sympathy goes out to the victim of rape. But does that make me feel different about the baby in her belly? Do they deserve to die because their father did something horrific. And frankly if you're raped you'd think the first thing you would do is take the morning after pill. But I'm not in that position so I guess I don't really know. Just not sure I'm on board that a child should be treated differently because they are a product of rape.

Medical conditions I get. If the fetus isn't viable or is a sever danger to the mothers health, than I can understand the need for an abortion.

Also isn't 6 weeks closer to your second missed period than your first? I'm no clock expert.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Devil's advocate: what are we gonna do with all these unwanted babies? There's only so many orphanages and foster homes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Devil's advocate: what are we gonna do with all these unwanted babies? There's only so many orphanages and foster homes.
And who wants a shit ton of wards of the state?

Nobody. It is prime level hypocrisy.

If you are pro-life, fine.

But to be that and again the expense of programs to deal with the needs of the unwanted children is just horseshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all for making sure children are taken care of. Babies put up for adoption aren't really the problem though. The problem is the 6 year old who was born with a mom doing crack who gets thrown into the foster system and has serious issues as a result.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I mean that's difficult. My sympathy goes out to the victim of rape. But does that make me feel different about the baby in her belly? Do they deserve to die because their father did something horrific. And frankly if you're raped you'd think the first thing you would do is take the morning after pill. But I'm not in that position so I guess I don't really know. Just not sure I'm on board that a child should be treated differently because they are a product of rape.

Medical conditions I get. If the fetus isn't viable or is a sever danger to the mothers health, than I can understand the need for an abortion.

Also isn't 6 weeks closer to your second missed period than your first? I'm no clock expert.
Doesn't mental health count? And you talk like pregnancy is easy, like just carrying a backpack for a couple of months. My wife and I wanted our children very much, and still you can't say the pregnancy was a blast, the women's bodies get put through the ringer in most pregnancies. What about it affecting a whole household, imagine it's your wife who got raped, how would you feel about seeing that reminder of what probably would be one of the worst memories of your live every day? Imagine you have a child old enough to understand what happened? How are you going to expect a 12 year old to treat that child that came to be from something that caused their mom to cry and be miserable for days on end?

Top Bottom