Abortion... yeah or nah?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now imagine your little daughter having to go through a clandestine back alley abortion because it's illegal.
I'll do everything in my power to try and convince anyone not to have one, but I'll fight like crazy to make damn sure it's their right to make that decision.
So NOW you want the government to take away liberties?
It’s not a civil liberty to have government pay for the abortions. People can have all the abortions they think they need but it’s not a right or civil liberty for society to to support it with a free ride on the taxpayer. It’s like any other misfortune. Everyone’s problems are not an open checkbook for the rest of society to support. That is the issue for me.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now imagine your little daughter having to go through a clandestine back alley abortion because it's illegal.
I'll do everything in my power to try and convince anyone not to have one, but I'll fight like crazy to make damn sure it's their right to make that decision.
So NOW you want the government to take away liberties?
Yeah and it's never as clear cut as people would like to make it. You actually make a good point for me. My daughter was born with a congenital heart defect. She can have babies some day but it would likely be considered high risk. If something happened and she was scared to have a baby because of it I want her to have the right to make a decision based on the risk to her.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah and it's never as clear cut as people would like to make it. You actually make a good point for me. My daughter was born with a congenital heart defect. She can have babies some day but it would likely be considered high risk. If something happened and she was scared to have a baby because of it I want her to have the right to make a decision based on the risk to her.
My oldest daughter is in a similar situation, where a pregnancy might jeopardize her or the babies health.

She chose to have her tubes tied when she was 22 yrs old. And fostered a child and eventually ended up adopting him.

I am very proud of her for her decision.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
My oldest daughter is in a similar situation, where a pregnancy might jeopardize her or the babies health.

She chose to have her tubes tied when she was 22 yrs old. And fostered a child and eventually ended up adopting him.

she sounds like a saint, thats a hell of a commitment (I certainly couldn't make) kudos to her and you for raising a lovely human

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Props to her, can't be an easy decision but she sounds like an amazing person.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hate the abortion debate.

When we first learned my wife was pregnant, at 4 1/2 weeks we could see a "flash" on the ultrasound. Our baby was nothing but a speck, but she had a tiny flashing heartbeat. I was in love right that instant.

I totally understand that people have their own beliefs, but just imagine if the Mars Rover found an object with a flashing heartbeat. That's world news right, sign of LIFE on Mars!!

While a debate on when life starts is slippery, it's saddest to me how lowly so many people regard a gift as precious as life.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I hate the abortion debate.

When we first learned my wife was pregnant, at 4 1/2 weeks we could see a "flash" on the ultrasound. Our baby was nothing but a speck, but she had a tiny flashing heartbeat. I was in love right that instant.

I totally understand that people have their own beliefs, but just imagine if the Mars Rover found an object with a flashing heartbeat. That's world news right, sign of LIFE on Mars!!

While a debate on when life starts is slippery, it's saddest to me how lowly so many people regard a gift as precious as life.
“Follow the science,” as they like to say.

Cotton

Staff member
Lubbock just voted itself a sanctuary city for abortion. As of June 1, abortions will no longer be legal in the city limits of Lubbock. We are the biggest city in the nation to do so. Proud of my city. :towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lubbock just voted itself a sanctuary city for abortion. As of June 1, abortions will no longer be legal in the city limits of Lubbock. We are the biggest city in the nation to do so. Proud of my city. :towel
Surely there will be lawsuits that go to the Supreme Court.

Cotton

Staff member
one of my best friends from Lubbock turned completely woke on me. He’s been ranting about this lately.
And, it passed 62%-38%, so it wasn't particularly close.

Cotton

Staff member

You fucking vile piece of shit. This is pure evil. I can't begin to explain with words how much I hate this person.

Cotton

Staff member
I feel sorry for anyone that doesn’t see the evil in this.
Switzerland "eliminated" Down Syndrome. They did so by simply aborting every single baby diagnosed before birth with Downs. Fucking evil people in this world, man.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Top Bottom