A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I’m not sure what you are wanting me to understand from these links. The say very little about civil rights history and eveloution. It seems to be more of a history of how the Democrats created a system to retain the black votes in the South.

townsend

Banned
I’m not sure what you are wanting me to understand from these links. The say very little about civil rights history and eveloution. It seems to be more of a history of how the Democrats created a system to retain the black votes in the South.
That “states rights” (anti civil rights) democrats rebelled against the party and eventually lost, but leaving enormous fault lines that Republicans took advantage of, those southern democratic voters that favored segregation changed parties, and Republicans were pushed much further right as they spent decades using polarization of the south against civil rights to create their platform, this lead to a fundamental transformation of the Republicans party, and is why bringing up political stances from before the southern strategy was executed is at best childishly ignorant and at worst intentionally deceptive.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That “states rights” (anti civil rights) democrats rebelled against the party and eventually lost, but leaving enormous fault lines that Republicans took advantage of, those southern democratic voters that favored segregation changed parties, and Republicans were pushed much further right as they spent decades using polarization of the south against civil rights to create their platform, this lead to a fundamental transformation of the Republicans party, and is why bringing up political stances from before the southern strategy was executed is at best childishly ignorant and at worst intentionally deceptive.
And how does this fit with the initial premise of Lostxn that if you are a republicans you were likely a racist? My historical premise stated that Democrats under Jackson were the racist advocates in the nations battle over Slavery and the Republican Party were the Chief proponents of abolition. This continued for decades even into the civil rights issues where Republicans continued to support these laws.

Your links are more toward how the Democrats maintained a voting power balance by presenting themselves as civil rights advocates and painting the Republicans as racist when the opposite was true since the Democrats did little to advance the civil rights movements because it took a Republican block to get the legislation passed.

This lie is still a perceived truth with Democrats today. They pose themselves as a chief proponent of civil rights but only to keep the black vote in their pocket. The black citizens have accepted this as truth even though they cannot really show any evidence of how being a democrat has improved their plight.

I take exception to Lostxn’s statement that a Democrat cannot be a racist but if you are a racist you have to be a Republican. It’s a convienent response to themselves in order not to face the fact of what is the real issue is, namely that it is a deflection to keep the black public thinking that the only caring person is a Democrat.

townsend

Banned
And how does this fit with the initial premise of Lostxn that if you are a republicans you were likely a racist? My historical premise stated that Democrats under Jackson were the racist advocates in the nations battle over Slavery and the Republican Party were the Chief proponents of abolition. This continued for decades even into the civil rights issues where Republicans continued to support these laws.

Your links are more toward how the Democrats maintained a voting power balance by presenting themselves as civil rights advocates and painting the Republicans as racist when the opposite was true since the Democrats did little to advance the civil rights movements because it took a Republican block to get the legislation passed.

This lie is still a perceived truth with Democrats today. They pose themselves as a chief proponent of civil rights but only to keep the black vote in their pocket. The black citizens have accepted this as truth even though they cannot really show any evidence of how being a democrat has improved their plight.

I take exception to Lostxn’s statement that a Democrat cannot be a racist but if you are a racist you have to be a Republican. It’s a convienent response to themselves in order not to face the fact of what is the real issue is, namely that it is a deflection to keep the black public thinking that the only caring person is a Democrat.
Actually from a political standpoint, civil rights was the most disastrous thing for them to stand by. If they hadn’t alienated racists by squashing the dixiecrat rebellion, they’d never have lost control of the south. It was just the right thing to do, unfortunately Nixon and Goldwater didn’t have the integrity to leave that voting base disenfranchised.

It’s not a lie, if you had read the link, Republicans apologized a decade go for relying on racial polarization to win elections. Unfortunately shortly after that apology, moderates lost control of the party and they went right back to that racism well.

I don’t think it’s technically true that all racists are Republicans, I would say though if you are a white supremacist, you enthusiastically voted for Trump, because he’s part of a grand tradition of Republicans courting white supremacists.

townsend

Banned
It would be interesting to see how black separatist groups feel about Obama, compared to how white supremacists feel about Trump. I would hypothesize they both hate Obama about the same amount.

Edit: I never thought about the fact that Obama’s mother was white, but yeah, quick research says Black separatists do not like him. Large contrast from David Duke and Richard Spencer singing praises of Donald Trump.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It would be interesting to see how black separatist groups feel about Obama, compared to how white supremacists feel about Trump. I would hypothesize they both hate Obama about the same amount.

Edit: I never thought about the fact that Obama’s mother was white, but yeah, quick research says Black separatists do not like him. Large contrast from David Duke and Richard Spencer singing praises of Donald Trump.
Some pretty interesting facts from your favorite news station.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/14/politics/charts-explain-us-hate-groups/index.html

townsend

Banned
It’s interesting that you’d think CNN is my favorite anything. Most liberals have a bone to pick with CNN because they helped create Trump by creating the broken “News as entertainment” genre.

They spend so much time giving time to “experts” (soulless pundits) on panels, because they believe an astronaut that saw a round earth doesn’t deserve anymore time to soeak than a blogger that believes the earth is flat. This of helps keep viewers engaged because pissed off people rarely change the channel.

That being said, the article, and the info CNN publishes is usually much better than the shit they put on cable.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It’s interesting that you’d think CNN is my favorite anything. Most liberals have a bone to pick with CNN because they helped create Trump by creating the broken “News as entertainment” genre.

They spend so much time giving time to “experts” (soulless pundits) on panels, because they believe an astronaut that saw a round earth doesn’t deserve anymore time to soeak than a blogger that believes the earth is flat. This of helps keep viewers engaged because pissed off people rarely change the channel.

That being said, the article, and the info CNN publishes is usually much better than the shit they put on cable.
You know I gotta give you some crap to keep things interesting.

What I got from the article is that the sky isn’t falling with an over abundance of extremist groups. Without looking back it seems that back separatist groups have grown faster than the other idiots.

townsend

Banned
You know I gotta give you some crap to keep things interesting.

What I got from the article is that the sky isn’t falling with an over abundance of extremist groups. Without looking back it seems that back separatist groups have grown faster than the other idiots.
It’d be interesting to see the total population of each type of group, compared to just the number of groups.

It’s also interesting how many distinctions CNN draws, I don’t see much distinction between neo nazis, racist skin heads, Ku Klux Klan and White Nationalists. If you remade that pie chart with all of those amalgamated into “white supremacist groups” it would take up over half the pie.

I do agree that when we think of traditional hate groups, and hate crimes, things aren’t as bad as they can feel, but part of that is because of how much of the new structure of hate groups is online. In 1960 the KKK used a pillowcase to keep themselves anonymous, now hundreds of thousands can interact anonymously on 4chan.

If I didn’t feel like I was screaming into the void, I could spend days on the number of lives ruined by the alt-right, and how they’re so frequently just teachers, and cops, and soldiers, and coders who are completely unaccounted for when we talk about hate groups as people who still meet in club houses,

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually from a political standpoint, civil rights was the most disastrous thing for them to stand by. If they hadn’t alienated racists by squashing the dixiecrat rebellion, they’d never have lost control of the south. It was just the right thing to do, unfortunately Nixon and Goldwater didn’t have the integrity to leave that voting base disenfranchised.

It’s not a lie, if you had read the link, Republicans apologized a decade go for relying on racial polarization to win elections. Unfortunately shortly after that apology, moderates lost control of the party and they went right back to that racism well.

I don’t think it’s technically true that all racists are Republicans, I would say though if you are a white supremacist, you enthusiastically voted for Trump, because he’s part of a grand tradition of Republicans courting white supremacists.
Well okay I guess. I don’t see the correlation but that’s okay because now I know the mindset of anti Trump folks. They are relying on the same BS propaganda style to paint someone as a racist to keep the black support in tow. That little scheme is now being questioned by a segment of the black community. The younger generation will change the Democratic shell game.

townsend

Banned
Well okay I guess. I don’t see the correlation but that’s okay because now I know the mindset of anti Trump folks. They are relying on the same BS propaganda style to paint someone as a racist to keep the black support in tow. That little scheme is now being questioned by a segment of the black community. The younger generation will change the Democratic shell game.
Nothing betrays conservative sensibilities like their explanations of overwhelming black support of the democratic party. It wasn’t that black Americans perceived the obvious racism that the GOP was caterign to, they’re just all so dumb that they can easily be tricked.

I guess you see black voters as naive, and childlike, unable to make adult decisions or perceive reality.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
True but how did the conservative Republican party and followers evolve to racists and when and how did the Democratic Party of race practioners and founder of KKK suddenly sprout wings. The racist label for Republicans was manufactured by the Democrats to get the black vote. They have used this ploy for a long time but now some of the black population is seeing through the BS. How anyone can just accept the lie that transcends actual history is beyond me.
Yep.

townsend

Banned
:lol what was Jason Kessler’s hate group rally called, unite the left? Who was it that the KKK’s newspaper endorsed for the presidency, was it Hillary? Paul Nehlen, Steve King, and other white nationalists, are they running as independents or Republicans?

Fun fact, David Duke was a Democrat until 1989, then was elected to public office for the first time as a... Republican. Because racists left Democrats en masse once they realized white supremacy had a home in the Republican party.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nothing betrays conservative sensibilities like their explanations of overwhelming black support of the democratic party. It wasn’t that black Americans perceived the obvious racism that the GOP was caterign to, they’re just all so dumb that they can easily be tricked.

I guess you see black voters as naive, and childlike, unable to make adult decisions or perceive reality.
Actually, that’s what Democratic policies presume.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually, that’s what Democratic policies presume.
Yep, and I think our black friends are finally starting to see that. #leavingtheplantation

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Townsend, why are you so concerned with the radical fringe groups? There will always be lunatics on both sides no matter the party or president. They aren't representative of anything.

I don't see what a pissing contest of who has the worst 1% weirdos accomplishes other than "winning" internet arguments.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol you know you've gone off the rails when start believing that your party is so morally superior that they couldn't possibly be guilty of anything like racism. I mean, really? Is this how delusional this debate has become?

Top Bottom