A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

shane

DCC 4Life
I find it hard to believe that Eric Reid wouldn't have a job if the hadn't of knelt.

That is 100% collusion.

A pretty good 26 year old safety can't get a job in this league? C'mon.
Owners not wanting to offend their audiences is not collusion. If federal courts decide otherwise, it will be a real shame. They probably will because virtue-signaling is more important than common sense these days, especially when dealing with the protected classes.

townsend

Banned
Owners not wanting to offend their audiences is not collusion. If federal courts decide otherwise, it will be a real shame. They probably will because virtue-signaling is more important than common sense these days, especially when dealing with the protected classes.
Right wing lingo notwithstanding, I mostly agree with this, I think owners are playing with fire by alienating another demographic of fans, but I think it’s their right to choose who to appease and alienate, even if I disagree w/ them.

If there’s some evidence of them collaborating to blackball them, that’s definitely an antitrust issue, but if it’s just all teams independently opting to avoid what they see as the larger financial risk, I think that’s their decision to make.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So dozens of people across 40+years are all lying. Again, at some point you are just stubbornly not believing what is obvious. People didn't say this stuff about Romney, they didn't say this about McCain, they didn't say this stuff about Bush (though Rove certainly was shady as fuck and race baited like a champ), or Bush Sr. Trump is not being painted this way because he's a Republican. There is/was criticism of conservative policy as being implicitly racist but Trump is personally being painted as a bigot because there is overwhelming evidence that he is.
Actually, you must not have been paying attention to the Bush years. He was often painted as a Nazi, and brown shirt. Check the music and media of the time. McCain was also attacked as a racist, bigot and homophobe. Romney spent much of his time calling others bigots sooooo. But none of them were ever attacked on so many fronts as this president because they were all part of the inside group. It isn't Rs and Ds in Washington, it's them vs the rest of us and they'll use anything to foment stuff on anyone from the outside. I'm not going to tell you Trump doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body, I don't know the man personally, but your slant regarding Republican policy is that its implicitly bias and therefore racist anyway so anyone who espouses those policies...racist.

Well, there's the Muslim ban. There is the fucking shitty approach to helping Puerto Rico as well as his behavior towards our citizens there. Ask any Peurto Rican what they think of him. There is the awful approach to immigration policy. Separating children from their parents (which is his admin's policy, not a law passed by Democrats, that's a lie). There's the wall which is an expensive boondoggle which is essentially useless as anything but a symbol to show brown people they are not wanted.
So stop with the BS Muslim ban. It was a moratorium on people coming from those countries that were thought to be (with good reason) importers of terrorism. And if it were specifically a Muslim ban, why weren't Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen included as well? Was it a Muslim ban when Obama did nearly the same thing in 2015? It's policy you disagree with so it's awful and again points to him being racist. And you are wrong regarding the family separation as this has been going on for years under ATEP. And your last comment is typical of your ilk and personally I don't care what your opinion is, a wall or some form of it needs to get done and done right otherwise it will be just that, and expensive boondoggle. Where you're wrong is, most Republicans don't care what color you are as long as you come here legally. Until the late 70's or so immigration was tightly controlled and illegal immigration especially from the south wasn't a concern. Now every 20 years or so it does because obviously amnesty doesn't do anything but cause more people to want to come here illegally. If nothing is done to secure the borders then you will deal with it again in another 20 years. so piss off with you're open borders BS. As recently as 15 years ago, the same Democrat leaders who now claim it as racism to wanted to secure the borders and stop illegal immigration. But now it's potentially new voters so it's not a matter of controlling illegal immigration being good for the country. And you and your lot have bought in hook line and sinker that it's all about racism.

Well there was the beer summit when he rashly criticized the police for arresting his personal friend for trying to break into his own house. How would you feel if you were a black man in America? You think you would maybe see this issue a little differently? That being said, he apologized for his initial reaction and tried his best to smooth things over. I think he did an amazing job to never take the bait and accuse anyone of treating him differently because he was black. He acted with a ton of dignity. That's what people ate up.
Every opportunity that Obama had to comment on the issue of race or policing, he did so on the side of race bating. OF course I'm not black and have never had the experience of being black, but I am a cop, and I do see what his policies and actions impact in the real world on a daily basis. He had his are directly responsible for the behavior of many of leftist organized groups today. Antifa, BLM, reappearance of the Black Panthers, all the crap going on in universities with burning stuff cause a conservative shows up... and more... all that stuff can be directly attributed to Obama, his administration and their bigotry toward anything that differs from their belief. So yeah, you may have loved him, but he was and is the most divisive president in my 55 years of life.

Calling Obama a racist is pretty pathetic. I mean it really, really stretches the bounds of credibility. I understand Fox News fills people brains with this filth. However, it just doesn't hold water. Nobody with any credibility says that.
Racist may not be the right word. But tell me why it's pathetic? Are you of the mind a black man can't be a racist? He is however a bigot. He's a political bigot of the highest order. And it really doesn't matter your race, of you differ with his ideology, he hates you.

That simply isn't true. He was wrong about the "if you like your doctor thing." He got excoriated for it. It was even called the "lie of the year." However, the initial regs of the ACA allowed this to be the case but it got axed in committee and so he was wrong. Perhaps he should have known it was wrong and then it was a lie. He did apologize for it publically. To make some sort of false equivalence to the current jackass in the White House is just ridiculous. Politicians lie a lot and are wrong even more. That being said, the difference in our last two Presidents in night and day. Hell even our last 6 Presidents before Trump were vastly more honest and there are some enormous whoppers there (Iran-Contra, no new taxes, Monica-gate, WMDs, keep your doctor).
No it isn't. It was a bold face lie when he told it, over and over again. He knew it was a lie. Even his guy who helped put it together said they knew it was a lie but it was one they were willing to live with to get it passed. You need to get over your worship of the man. He was a politician much like the rest, but worse. He lied time and again, but because your ilk and the media sucked at the teat he was never exposed as he should have been. Now, on the other hand, the media watchdogs are on full alert to the point they make shit up to tag it to this president. I don't watch Fox news much anymore, in fact I don't "watch" any news much more because it's all so slanted one way or the other. But do consider this, this president has had successes in the year plus since being sworn in and it despite all the opposition against him, and yet, still over 90% of media coverage from he mainstream is negative. You'll say it's his fault I'm sure, but I call it BS.

QUOTE=lostxn;427248]Jeez, you're simply too far gone. You're so stuck in your bubble. You watch your Fox News which pre-packages whatever disastrously stupid remark the President says with the banner "ignorant commie lefties triggered by innocent Trump remarks about white supremacists being fine people." Unfortunately you lack the presence of mind to know you're watching propaganda and not news. It's sad. You believe what you want to believe not what the truth is. I hope you mature enough to regret your support for this guy in time. I hope you grow out of your extreme partisanship. The truth is somewhere in the middle and that's where we should be headed as a country.[/QUOTE]

I'm too far gone? My bubble is the real everyday world where I deal with citizens of all races, political differences, and problems on a daily basis; and yes, even illegals. I promise you, I'm more out of my bubble on a daily basis than you'll ever be. I see far more minorities waking up to the disaster the past 8 years were for them and telling me it's getting better now in many respects. Take those same last lines you wrote and put yourself to the test sir, because it's the left, and radicals like Obama, Hillary, Soros and their like that are dividing this country and causing harm with their causes. Tell me, doesn't it strike you as odd that those names all keep coming up in the same circles and intermarrying etc? Kinda seems like a monarchy doesn't it? my politics aren't extreme, they are conservative, not Republican. And no, if the left's truth and politics is so far out of whack that it can't be objective on anything, then the truth doesn't lay in the middle ground and giving in to them is part of the problem, not the solution. We are where we are now because for the most part the conservative portions of the right have always given and rarely gotten anything in return toward the middle ground. Have fun in your own little bubble and as an added bonus stay tuned, the rides just gonna get better.

Be better and be nicer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Right wing lingo notwithstanding, I mostly agree with this, I think owners are playing with fire by alienating another demographic of fans, but I think it’s their right to choose who to appease and alienate, even if I disagree w/ them.

If there’s some evidence of them collaborating to blackball them, that’s definitely an antitrust issue, but if it’s just all teams independently opting to avoid what they see as the larger financial risk, I think that’s their decision to make.
Even when you agree with someone you still can't help but bring up "right wing" shit. The right wing is firmly planted in your head. :lol

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Even when you agree with someone you still can't help but bring up "right wing" shit. The right wing is firmly planted in your head. :lol
I wasn't going to say anything because his response was at least moderately conservative. :buddy

townsend

Banned
So here’s the thing, your echo chamber has a lexicon that’s unique to your right wing circles.
“SJW”, “Virtue Signaling”, “Identity Politics” etc that basically are generic labels thrown on the other team without much awareness. Basically they all mean things I disagree with from the political left and want to mark as “other”

Left wing does it do. (See: Mansplaining)

shane

DCC 4Life
So here’s the thing, your echo chamber has a lexicon that’s unique to your right wing circles.
“SJW”, “Virtue Signaling”, “Identity Politics” etc that basically are generic labels thrown on the other team without much awareness. Basically they all mean things I disagree with from the political left and want to mark as “other”

Left wing does it do. (See: Mansplaining)
The left calls themselves "social justice warriors" and openly practices "identity politics."

"Virtue-signaling" is just a straight forward description of what the left does. Perhaps "cuck" and "snowflake" are better examples of the phenomenon you are describing.

townsend

Banned
The left calls themselves "social justice warriors" and openly practices "identity politics."

"Virtue-signaling" is just a straight forward description of what the left does. Perhaps "cuck" and "snowflake" are better examples of the phenomenon you are describing.
The irony behind “identity politics” and “virtue signalling” is they’re both attempts to capitalize on the problem they’re describing.

This person is advocating for political changes that benefit a demographic that isn’t me, I want political changes that benefit a group that is me.

This person is signaling get support and find the moral high ground and get more people on his side to support him, I bet signal that he’s signalling so I can claim the moral high ground and more people on my side to support me.

“Snowflake” “Cuck” “Soy Boy” etc push even further into the fringe. I don’t think anyone who doesn’t live in their mother’s basement or Russia actually uses those terms in earnest. I think reasonablish people will say “virtue signaling”, “SJW”, or “mansplaining” because they describe real things, but have been reduced to “Look at this person I disagree with, I should dismiss them out of hand because they can be described as an archetypal other”

townsend

Banned
"Soy boy" is a great one.
Honestly the funniest thing about the Alt Right is how seriously some of them take their stupid he-man woman-haters doctrine, and honestly believe they’re like big gorilla alpha men, but guys like Terry Crews are beta cucks.

Once again there are plenty of fucking idiots on the left, but this sad man boy culture that runs up and down the right wing fringe is very unique.

shane

DCC 4Life
Honestly the funniest thing about the Alt Right is how seriously some of them take their stupid he-man woman-haters doctrine, and honestly believe they’re like big gorilla alpha men, but guys like Terry Crews are beta cucks.

Once again there are plenty of fucking idiots on the left, but this sad man boy culture that runs up and down the right wing fringe is very unique.
There is lots of male anguish these days in the age of feminism and women's lib.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Actually, you must not have been paying attention to the Bush years. He was often painted as a Nazi, and brown shirt. Check the music and media of the time. McCain was also attacked as a racist, bigot and homophobe. Romney spent much of his time calling others bigots sooooo. But none of them were ever attacked on so many fronts as this president because they were all part of the inside group.
No, none of them were attacked on all fronts because they were vastly better human beings than Trump. Even Bush Jr who was a moron. Also, I'm not talking about the fringe. I'm talking about the MSM. You have anchors on all networks, even Fox as a matter of fact, calling out this President for his racial insensitivity and, more frequently, for his inability to tell the truth.

It isn't Rs and Ds in Washington, it's them vs the rest of us and they'll use anything to foment stuff on anyone from the outside. I'm not going to tell you Trump doesn't have a bigoted bone in his body, I don't know the man personally, but your slant regarding Republican policy is that its implicitly bias and therefore racist anyway so anyone who espouses those policies...racist.
I see your point but the thought that Trump is the cure for our insider network of politicians is a joke. We do need massive reform but he's there to enrich himself. He and his daughter and swinging personal deals with China is the midst of show trade war. The corruption is unbelievable but of course that's just fake news.

Also, I didn't say Republican policies have implicit racism, I said that was the criticism. Although there is some of that. Let's not forget the Democrats lost the South for going on 50 years now by supporting the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That's just a fact. But hey, it's not all perfect - affirmative action is explicit racism so there's that.

So stop with the BS Muslim ban. It was a moratorium on people coming from those countries that were thought to be (with good reason) importers of terrorism. And if it were specifically a Muslim ban, why weren't Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen included as well? Was it a Muslim ban when Obama did nearly the same thing in 2015? It's policy you disagree with so it's awful and again points to him being racist.
It's pretty simple, it was a campaign promise that did nothing to make our country more safe in the same way the wall will do next to nothing to curb immigration from Mexico. It's playing to the worst elements of his base. I've heard him speak on his Muslim band. His rhetoric was disgusting. The thing about Trump is he's so naked in his speeches. People love him because he's not "politically correct." He doesn't hide the true emotion behind what he pitches. The problem is, plenty of Muslims as proud Americans too. When you call something a "Muslim ban" it is defacto discriminatory. I guess anti-Muslim rather than racist per se but whatever.

And you are wrong regarding the family separation as this has been going on for years under ATEP.
Get real. Every effort was made NOT to do that until now. But yes, the policy to separate families could have been pursued based on laws passed during the Bush admin. Just neither Bush nor Obama specifically wanted to separate families. Oh, and Obama deported a shitload of people.

nbcnews.com:
President Donald Trump's administration is implementing a new policy that will separate more children from their parents at the border, despite the president falsely blaming Democrats and an unspecified "horrible law" for their decision.

The administration confirmed this month that breaking up families was a byproduct of their new "zero tolerance" plan to prosecute everyone who crosses the border illegally, which would require minors who traveled with their family to be taken into the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services. Under the previous policy, children were usually allowed to stay with their parents in shelters while awaiting legal proceedings.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said earlier this month at an event in Arizona announcing the move. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

And your last comment is typical of your ilk and personally I don't care what your opinion is, a wall or some form of it needs to get done and done right otherwise it will be just that, and expensive boondoggle. Where you're wrong is, most Republicans don't care what color you are as long as you come here legally. Until the late 70's or so immigration was tightly controlled and illegal immigration especially from the south wasn't a concern. Now every 20 years or so it does because obviously amnesty doesn't do anything but cause more people to want to come here illegally. If nothing is done to secure the borders then you will deal with it again in another 20 years. so piss off with you're open borders BS. As recently as 15 years ago, the same Democrat leaders who now claim it as racism to wanted to secure the borders and stop illegal immigration. But now it's potentially new voters so it's not a matter of controlling illegal immigration being good for the country. And you and your lot have bought in hook line and sinker that it's all about racism.
I don't know about "most Republicans" but the current Republican President sure does seem to care about what color you are if you come here. He said so. Now maybe he doesn't reflect "most Republicans," I hope not, but they sure support him. As do you, apparently. As for open borders, I'm not for that. I'm just not for a fucking $20 billion dollar wall when you could achieve more at far less cost with technology. You also could be smart and create a worker VISA program. We all know our economy is massively supported by cheap Mexican/Latin American labor. The wall is a symbol. A symbol to (mostly) Mexicans that they're not wanted.

Every opportunity that Obama had to comment on the issue of race or policing, he did so on the side of race bating. OF course I'm not black and have never had the experience of being black, but I am a cop, and I do see what his policies and actions impact in the real world on a daily basis. He had his are directly responsible for the behavior of many of leftist organized groups today. Antifa, BLM, reappearance of the Black Panthers, all the crap going on in universities with burning stuff cause a conservative shows up... and more... all that stuff can be directly attributed to Obama, his administration and their bigotry toward anything that differs from their belief. So yeah, you may have loved him, but he was and is the most divisive president in my 55 years of life.
Your perception of the man just doesn't fit his actual statements. I get that police feel under siege from the mountain of bad press they have been getting in the last few years. I'm sorry about that but that's not on Obama. That's on technology that's shone a light on shit that has been going on for a long time. There are a lot of great police officers out there. However, police have a lot of power and some of them abuse it. It's a very big issue for black people and they have the right to be angry. I don't know a black friend who isn't terrified of the police. Not respectful, terrified. I don't know any who carry weapons on them as they just assume it would be an excuse to kill them. I'm sure that's not the case for you given you're a peace officer, but that's been my experience.

Blaming Obama for political correctness is a bit rich as well. That has been going on for years. It was an issue when I was in college in 90s. Not everything happening in society is the result of the President. Should we blame Trump for the "me too" movement?

Racist may not be the right word. But tell me why it's pathetic? Are you of the mind a black man can't be a racist? He is however a bigot. He's a political bigot of the highest order. And it really doesn't matter your race, of you differ with his ideology, he hates you.
You could certainly make the argument that Obama did not attempt to reach across the isle to compromise but that's a bit disingenuous. Reps rebuffed all his attempts. Hell, many Reps signed purity pledges that they would never support any Obama initiatives - and you know that's true. How many times did the Rep Congress attempt to repeal Obama's health plan even though they knew they had a snowball's chance in hell to get past his veto. But they just kept doing it again and again and again because they refused to work with the President. Clinton did actually a really stellar job at working with Reps and the fuckers tried to impeach him for lying about a blowjob. FFS. But there were no loyalty pledges and Clinton was much more flexible in his values than Obama.

Obama was not Clinton, both for good and for ill.

No it isn't. It was a bold face lie when he told it, over and over again. He knew it was a lie. Even his guy who helped put it together said they knew it was a lie but it was one they were willing to live with to get it passed. You need to get over your worship of the man. He was a politician much like the rest, but worse. He lied time and again, but because your ilk and the media sucked at the teat he was never exposed as he should have been.
Obviously you will believe what you like. Here's a snopes article about 50 statements people claim Obama lied about over 8 years. Obviously it's a mixed bag where there were some lies, some shading of the truth and some things that are just not lies. What a shock.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obamas-50-lies/

Your boy has lied over 3,000 times thus far. It's been barely over a year.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/donald-trump-3000/index.html

Now, on the other hand, the media watchdogs are on full alert to the point they make shit up to tag it to this president. I don't watch Fox news much anymore, in fact I don't "watch" any news much more because it's all so slanted one way or the other. But do consider this, this president has had successes in the year plus since being sworn in and it despite all the opposition against him, and yet, still over 90% of media coverage from he mainstream is negative. You'll say it's his fault I'm sure, but I call it BS.
90% of the coverage is negative because he puts out outrageous bullshit on a daily basis. Also, there is tremendous amount of scandal and intrigue going on in the administration. The President's own lead media lawyer said the President is going to be fighting impeachment at some point.

Well he got the tax cut but it was a standard Rep cut - the bulk of the cuts benefitted the wealthy. He did add some benefits for real estate business as well. Such naked corruption. The cut is also going to be disastrous for the deficit which was already out of control. Other than that, he got a Supreme Court judge installed thanks to McConnell being a steaming piece of shit. You can give him credit for the economy but the truth it the economy has done much more for Trump than vice versa. People said the same thing about Clinton, by the way, and they were correct. Presidents have limited effects on the economy for the most part though Obama's moves did pull us out of the ditch that we fell into during the Bush admin (due primarily to banking deregulation that was enacted by the Rep Congress and Clinton).

I'm too far gone? My bubble is the real everyday world where I deal with citizens of all races, political differences, and problems on a daily basis; and yes, even illegals. I promise you, I'm more out of my bubble on a daily basis than you'll ever be. I see far more minorities waking up to the disaster the past 8 years were for them and telling me it's getting better now in many respects.
Uh, you don't know what I do. I work in an inner city Emergency Room. Yeah, I see the same people you do. I have yet to meet any black or Hispanic people that have anything but antipathy for the current president. But that's my experience.

Take those same last lines you wrote and put yourself to the test sir, because it's the left, and radicals like Obama, Hillary, Soros and their like that are dividing this country and causing harm with their causes. Tell me, doesn't it strike you as odd that those names all keep coming up in the same circles and intermarrying etc? Kinda seems like a monarchy doesn't it?
They keep coming up because they are the Fox News boogymen (boogypeople?). Obama and Hillary were political competitors and Obama frankly came out of nowhere with a fairly stratospheric rise to power. Bill Clinton came from dirt as did Obama. They were simply people who stood out in a crowd and could write their own tickets. So no, I don't think it's a monarchy. That sounds like a moronic conspiracy theory that frankly you are smart enough not to buy into.

What's dividing the country is the polarization of news sources. It started with Rush but has gotten so much worse with liberals pulling the same tricks. I will say, however, that conservatives are much more prone to conspiracy theories than libs are. Is there a liberal Alex Jones? Not that I know of. Pretty interesting take on why that is:

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/10/9886222/conspiracy-theories-right-wing

my politics aren't extreme, they are conservative, not Republican. And no, if the left's truth and politics is so far out of whack that it can't be objective on anything, then the truth doesn't lay in the middle ground and giving in to them is part of the problem, not the solution. We are where we are now because for the most part the conservative portions of the right have always given and rarely gotten anything in return toward the middle ground. Have fun in your own little bubble and as an added bonus stay tuned, the rides just gonna get better.
Again, this is just a massively partisan take. Conservatives don't believe in global warnings FFS. To claim conservatives have some monopoly on truth is complete horseshit. Especially these days.

As for conservatives giving and giving that is a joke. Liberals have had to fight for any gains they have ever gotten. If anything, libs are the ones that bend over backwards. Spineless bitches. The truth is the Dems of 2012 were about as conservative as the Reps of 1980. The Reps have just kept pushing right more and more and now it's getting a bit silly. Regan's conservative revolution was a resounding success but Reagan would be horrified by Trump. The Bushs certainly are if that's any indication.

I think sooner or later the economy is going to tank (because recessions happen and we're probably well past due) and that will be the end of Trump. To have 40% approval with an economy this robust is a fucking disaster. Trump is doing terrible, permanent damage to the Rep party. They are losing a generation of voters and have lost the minority vote for the foreseeable future. Demographics are not in their favor.

But honestly, whoever is in office and whatever policies they pursue won't really matter in the long term. We will never recover from our tailspin until we get the money out of politics. Our entire system is based on bribery. Be it Soros or the Koch brothers, we have too many heavy hitters shaping the country to suit their own interests and not that of all the rest of us.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No, none of them were attacked on all fronts because they were vastly better human beings than Trump. Even Bush Jr who was a moron. Also, I'm not talking about the fringe. I'm talking about the MSM. You have anchors on all networks, even Fox as a matter of fact, calling out this President for his racial insensitivity and, more frequently, for his inability to tell the truth.

I see your point but the thought that Trump is the cure for our insider network of politicians is a joke. We do need massive reform but he's there to enrich himself. He and his daughter and swinging personal deals with China is the midst of show trade war. The corruption is unbelievable but of course that's just fake news.

Also, I didn't say Republican policies have implicit racism, I said that was the criticism. Although there is some of that. Let's not forget the Democrats lost the South for going on 50 years now by supporting the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That's just a fact. But hey, it's not all perfect - affirmative action is explicit racism so there's that.

It's pretty simple, it was a campaign promise that did nothing to make our country more safe in the same way the wall will do next to nothing to curb immigration from Mexico. It's playing to the worst elements of his base. I've heard him speak on his Muslim band. His rhetoric was disgusting. The thing about Trump is he's so naked in his speeches. People love him because he's not "politically correct." He doesn't hide the true emotion behind what he pitches. The problem is, plenty of Muslims as proud Americans too. When you call something a "Muslim ban" it is defacto discriminatory. I guess anti-Muslim rather than racist per se but whatever.

Get real. Every effort was made NOT to do that until now. But yes, the policy to separate families could have been pursued based on laws passed during the Bush admin. Just neither Bush nor Obama specifically wanted to separate families. Oh, and Obama deported a shitload of people.

nbcnews.com:
President Donald Trump's administration is implementing a new policy that will separate more children from their parents at the border, despite the president falsely blaming Democrats and an unspecified "horrible law" for their decision.

The administration confirmed this month that breaking up families was a byproduct of their new "zero tolerance" plan to prosecute everyone who crosses the border illegally, which would require minors who traveled with their family to be taken into the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services. Under the previous policy, children were usually allowed to stay with their parents in shelters while awaiting legal proceedings.

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said earlier this month at an event in Arizona announcing the move. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

I don't know about "most Republicans" but the current Republican President sure does seem to care about what color you are if you come here. He said so. Now maybe he doesn't reflect "most Republicans," I hope not, but they sure support him. As do you, apparently. As for open borders, I'm not for that. I'm just not for a fucking $20 billion dollar wall when you could achieve more at far less cost with technology. You also could be smart and create a worker VISA program. We all know our economy is massively supported by cheap Mexican/Latin American labor. The wall is a symbol. A symbol to (mostly) Mexicans that they're not wanted.

Your perception of the man just doesn't fit his actual statements. I get that police feel under siege from the mountain of bad press they have been getting in the last few years. I'm sorry about that but that's not on Obama. That's on technology that's shone a light on shit that has been going on for a long time. There are a lot of great police officers out there. However, police have a lot of power and some of them abuse it. It's a very big issue for black people and they have the right to be angry. I don't know a black friend who isn't terrified of the police. Not respectful, terrified. I don't know any who carry weapons on them as they just assume it would be an excuse to kill them. I'm sure that's not the case for you given you're a peace officer, but that's been my experience.

Blaming Obama for political correctness is a bit rich as well. That has been going on for years. It was an issue when I was in college in 90s. Not everything happening in society is the result of the President. Should we blame Trump for the "me too" movement?

You could certainly make the argument that Obama did not attempt to reach across the isle to compromise but that's a bit disingenuous. Reps rebuffed all his attempts. Hell, many Reps signed purity pledges that they would never support any Obama initiatives - and you know that's true. How many times did the Rep Congress attempt to repeal Obama's health plan even though they knew they had a snowball's chance in hell to get past his veto. But they just kept doing it again and again and again because they refused to work with the President. Clinton did actually a really stellar job at working with Reps and the fuckers tried to impeach him for lying about a blowjob. FFS. But there were no loyalty pledges and Clinton was much more flexible in his values than Obama.

Obama was not Clinton, both for good and for ill.

Obviously you will believe what you like. Here's a snopes article about 50 statements people claim Obama lied about over 8 years. Obviously it's a mixed bag where there were some lies, some shading of the truth and some things that are just not lies. What a shock.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obamas-50-lies/

Your boy has lied over 3,000 times thus far. It's been barely over a year.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/01/politics/donald-trump-3000/index.html

90% of the coverage is negative because he puts out outrageous bullshit on a daily basis. Also, there is tremendous amount of scandal and intrigue going on in the administration. The President's own lead media lawyer said the President is going to be fighting impeachment at some point.

Well he got the tax cut but it was a standard Rep cut - the bulk of the cuts benefitted the wealthy. He did add some benefits for real estate business as well. Such naked corruption. The cut is also going to be disastrous for the deficit which was already out of control. Other than that, he got a Supreme Court judge installed thanks to McConnell being a steaming piece of shit. You can give him credit for the economy but the truth it the economy has done much more for Trump than vice versa. People said the same thing about Clinton, by the way, and they were correct. Presidents have limited effects on the economy for the most part though Obama's moves did pull us out of the ditch that we fell into during the Bush admin (due primarily to banking deregulation that was enacted by the Rep Congress and Clinton).

Uh, you don't know what I do. I work in an inner city Emergency Room. Yeah, I see the same people you do. I have yet to meet any black or Hispanic people that have anything but antipathy for the current president. But that's my experience.

They keep coming up because they are the Fox News boogymen (boogypeople?). Obama and Hillary were political competitors and Obama frankly came out of nowhere with a fairly stratospheric rise to power. Bill Clinton came from dirt as did Obama. They were simply people who stood out in a crowd and could write their own tickets. So no, I don't think it's a monarchy. That sounds like a moronic conspiracy theory that frankly you are smart enough not to buy into.

What's dividing the country is the polarization of news sources. It started with Rush but has gotten so much worse with liberals pulling the same tricks. I will say, however, that conservatives are much more prone to conspiracy theories than libs are. Is there a liberal Alex Jones? Not that I know of. Pretty interesting take on why that is:

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/10/9886222/conspiracy-theories-right-wing

Again, this is just a massively partisan take. Conservatives don't believe in global warnings FFS. To claim conservatives have some monopoly on truth is complete horseshit. Especially these days.

As for conservatives giving and giving that is a joke. Liberals have had to fight for any gains they have ever gotten. If anything, libs are the ones that bend over backwards. Spineless bitches. The truth is the Dems of 2012 were about as conservative as the Reps of 1980. The Reps have just kept pushing right more and more and now it's getting a bit silly. Regan's conservative revolution was a resounding success but Reagan would be horrified by Trump. The Bushs certainly are if that's any indication.

I think sooner or later the economy is going to tank (because recessions happen and we're probably well past due) and that will be the end of Trump. To have 40% approval with an economy this robust is a fucking disaster. Trump is doing terrible, permanent damage to the Rep party. They are losing a generation of voters and have lost the minority vote for the foreseeable future. Demographics are not in their favor.

But honestly, whoever is in office and whatever policies they pursue won't really matter in the long term. We will never recover from our tailspin until we get the money out of politics. Our entire system is based on bribery. Be it Soros or the Koch brothers, we have too many heavy hitters shaping the country to suit their own interests and not that of all the rest of us.
Ho Lee Sheet

tl;dr but props for the dedication

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Only the left is creating the divisions in this great country.

Fucking hilarious.

This thread has turned to comedy.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Only the left is creating the divisions in this great country.

Fucking hilarious.

This thread has turned to comedy.
I didn't say there weren't people just as divisive on the right, but not nearly as many with actual media access. The big three networks ABC, NBC, and CBS, and their political affiliate networks. CNN, MSNBC, CNBC. Bloomberg, PBS sometimes, HBO, most actors, many comedians, High level Democrats like Maxine and Nancy and Green. Just to name a few.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I didn't say there weren't people just as divisive on the right, but not nearly as many with actual media access. The big three networks ABC, NBC, and CBS, and their political affiliate networks. CNN, MSNBC, CNBC. Bloomberg, PBS sometimes, HBO, most actors, many comedians, High level Democrats like Maxine and Nancy and Green. Just to name a few.
The President of the United States.

~drops mic~

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Aaaand liberals will tell you the right has all local news and Breitbart and on and on and on...

What do you consider a good source for information?
Do you think there's any unbiased coverage? Which one?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Aaaand liberals will tell you the right has all local news and Breitbart and on and on and on...

What do you consider a good source for information?
Do you think there's any unbiased coverage? Which one?
The Raw section of the DCC. Duh.

Top Bottom