A new dead horse to beat: What are your reactions to the NFL's anti-kneeling rule?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If I don't like a movie, I'll leave the theater. If I don't like a restaurant, I won't eat there. If I don't like a neighborhood, I'll move. Et cetera.

If you hate America, and think it so oppressive then consider leaving. That's my opinion. And this is the last post I'll make on said opinion in this thread.

Now go back and read my long winded post above over and over until you brainwashed left wing mind grasps why (a) the NFL was fully justified in implementing the rule, (b) why the protests are ineffective, and (c) how the players are essentially lazy and in the wrong for continuing to want to kneel.

kthxbai
What should those who love America, but think something could be improved do...?

townsend

Banned
If I don't like a movie, I'll leave the theater. If I don't like a restaurant, I won't eat there. If I don't like a neighborhood, I'll move. Et cetera.
The difference is if you own a stake in a restaurant, you don’t let other owners run it into the ground. If you inherited a theatre, you’ll demand management work to keep clean, maintain, and improve the theater to keep it competitive. If the house you own was the house your parents and grandparents were raised in, you aren’t gonna let somebody demolish it to make a vape shop.

Citizens aren’t visitors, or patrons. They’re stakeholders.

midswat

... soon
What should those who love America, but think something could be improved do...?
What is "Find a means to protest or become an advocate of their cause that doesn't include shitting on the American flag", Alex.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Sorry, he has given a mountain of evidence to show he is. Even Paul Ryan accused him of making racist statements. I understand you are pretty partisan but don't let it blind you. Know what you're signing up for. But yeah, it would have been a non-story without Trump weighing in. The original intent of the kneeling has been totally and completely lost and now it's a fealty test to the President +/- the country.
Show evidence of actual racism on his part. He sometimes says things that make some of us cringe, but What has he done that proves he's a racist? On the contrary, all his actions show the opposite. He called Haiti and Africa shitholes, was he wrong? Are they places you'd move your family to for living? No, because they are shitholes. Find me true examples of racism otherwise stop that leftwing BS, it's reserved for Bipo and we fight it from his dumb ass too.

The next person who erroneously claims this is a First Amendment issue deserves a tire iron to their head. The NFL tried to split the baby but only made things worse. Like we're not gonna notice that eight players are still in the locker room? Then you've got fools like the Jets' interim owner who promises to pay the players' fines if they kneel on the field. Just like that, you've undermined everything Goodell tried to do. Brilliant. Kneeling should either result in a disqualification or cost you a game check. That would put a stop to the nonsense.
Exactly right. Had the NFL put a stop to it right away when the Colin started that crap, it would have been an issue for a few weeks and then done. And none of the others would have had the chance to get started and the NFL wouldn't have had to deal with it. Now everyone can see this new rule for what it is, pandering, rather than having rules and enforcing them. Which they already had to begin with.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The difference is if you own a stake in a restaurant, you don’t let other owners run it into the ground. If you inherited a theatre, you’ll demand management work to keep clean, maintain, and improve the theater to keep it competitive. If the house you own was the house your parents and grandparents were raised in, you aren’t gonna let somebody demolish it to make a vape shop.

Citizens aren’t visitors, or patrons. They’re stakeholders.
If you don’t like the way cancer research and care is going do you disrupt functions where they are honoring kids who died of cancer? Seems pretty classless to do something like that. How bout we burn pink ribbons because of the injustices of medical care?

That is how personal the American flag and anthem is to most who choose to honor those things. I think this is where the disconnect is. On one hand many do not understand the injustices of minorities. On the other hand those protesting do not understand what they are dishonoring when they do it in the wrong context, real or perceived.

The problem is that neither side is listening. Most of America going to ignore or resent any protest that offends their patriotism. It is so divisive that the issue gets drowned out. Now it is us against them. The protestors need to understand that under some circumstances a backlash will happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

I would welcome this, wholeheartedly.

But it will never ever happen.

And the thing is, the fact that it doesn't will never be acknowledged as the hypocrisy it is.

As much as "white privilege" is talked about, what better way for rich and influential black men to make a statement is to give up their salaries for what they believe in?

What an amazing statement that would make.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Never happen in a million years.
And that is the amusing part.

HEY! BLM, COPS!!! RICH WHITEY OWNERS!!!! HEY!!!!

~asked to give up check~

Oh. Well, shit ain't that bad.

~hums "Ebony and Ivory"~

That is what a lot of people seem to forget when thinking about Kaepernick and his special version of Mein Kampf.

He was not exactly a professional at the pinnacle of his game.

He was quickly becoming another flash in the pan ala Robert Griffin.

He negotiated an incredibly dumb contract with the 49ers that left him little leverage.

He lost a ton of weight after coping with injuries. And quite simply, he was not playing very well.

He chose to opt out of his contract.

But that all gets lost in the shuffle. This is not a top shelf player that is sitting out for his virtue.

This was actually a pretty shrewd career move when his on the field was pretty much in the shitter.

At least now he has a career in social activism for himself.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I find it hard to believe that Eric Reid wouldn't have a job if the hadn't of knelt.

That is 100% collusion.

A pretty good 26 year old safety can't get a job in this league? C'mon.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I find it hard to believe that Eric Reid wouldn't have a job if the hadn't of knelt.

That is 100% collusion.

You would have to prove that owners/gms worked together to keep the player off of teams. That seems very unlikely.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

That is 100% collusion.

The safety market has been pretty slow. He is not special.

But nobody wants to talk about him being a one-dimensional box safety coming off a pretty poor last couple of years. He also waffled with playing more in 2015 after multiple concussions.

It is not like he is Ed Reed just getting blackballed because he took a knee.

But I guess all those rich whitey owners found themselves the perfect loophole, just like they did with perfectly good starting QB in Kaepernick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You would have to prove that owners/gms worked together to keep the player off of teams. That seems very unlikely.
What is more likely?

32 rich white guys in a smoke filled room making secretive plans to exclude certain players because of their social beliefs

OR

32 rich white guys in their own offices deciding, you know what, this borderline player is not worth the bullshit that comes with it.

I guess the latter is "collusion".

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What is more likely?

32 rich white guys in a smoke filled room making secretive plans to exclude certain players because of their social beliefs

OR

32 rich white guys in their own offices deciding, you know what, this borderline player is not worth the bullshit that comes with it.

I guess the latter is "collusion".
Pretty much. In Kap's case he even had 5 black GMs colluding against him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Show evidence of actual racism on his part. He sometimes says things that make some of us cringe, but What has he done that proves he's a racist? On the contrary, all his actions show the opposite. He called Haiti and Africa shitholes, was he wrong? Are they places you'd move your family to for living? No, because they are shitholes. Find me true examples of racism otherwise stop that leftwing BS, it's reserved for Bipo and we fight it from his dumb ass too.
http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?7404-A-new-dead-horse-to-beat-What-are-your-reactions-to-the-NFL-s-anti-kneeling-rule&p=427030&viewfull=1#post427030

See this previous post. Or hell, do a fucking google search. There is a mountain of evidence. The dude race-baits like no other and that's the best thing I can say. Don't defend the indefensible. Next you'll tell me he doesn't lie much, he just engages in hyperbole.

townsend

Banned
If you don’t like the way cancer research and care is going do you disrupt functions where they are honoring kids who died of cancer? Seems pretty classless to do something like that. How bout we burn pink ribbons because of the injustices of medical care?
Actually there’s a very good parallel here. Susan G Komen is a corrupt garbage charity that takes up a lions share of cancer donations, and only spends a fraction on research. If a player refused to wear those stupid pink fucking shoes to because he didn’t want to schill for an organization that spent all of its time and money creating “awareness” (because people have never heard of breast cancer before) so it could drive even more donations that could be likewise wasted, I would absolutely support that.

And if in turn Susan G Komen tried to use dead people as political props to shut up valid criticism, I would comsider them ghouls who don’t give a shit about the dead, and are shamelessly dishonoring their memory.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?7404-A-new-dead-horse-to-beat-What-are-your-reactions-to-the-NFL-s-anti-kneeling-rule&p=427030&viewfull=1#post427030

See this previous post. Or hell, do a fucking google search. There is a mountain of evidence. The dude race-baits like no other and that's the best thing I can say. Don't defend the indefensible. Next you'll tell me he doesn't lie much, he just engages in hyperbole.
Like I said before, He says things that make us all cringe. Everything you listed except for something that happened in the 70's are claims of things he reportedly said. What has he actually done. Hell, Obama did more than say things to show his racism and hatred for police and this country and yet leftist ate that stuff up like it was candy. And he lied directly to people's faces all the time, yet he is adored and worshiped by the left. Not saying you, but the left including most minorities and yet, racist. So respectfully I'll ask you again, what in deed, has he actually done, that actually indicates he's a racist that wasn't 40 years ago. Because it seems his actions since he became president completely counter the argument. And after years of actual race baiting by half the people in the Obama administration, Sharpton, Jackson, MLB and others of that genre, and since the left throw out the word racist now to pretty much anyone that disagrees with them or makes a comment they dislike, the bar is set higher for most with common sense now than ever. And just to be clear, more and more black community leaders are supporting him all the time sooooo yeah, racist. Hey notice I wrote a complete paragraph and didn't have to curse or insult you once?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Actually there’s a very good parallel here. Susan G Komen is a corrupt garbage charity that takes up a lions share of cancer donations, and only spends a fraction on research. If a player refused to wear those stupid pink fucking shoes to because he didn’t want to schill for an organization that spent all of its time and money creating “awareness” (because people have never heard of breast cancer before) so it could drive even more donations that could be likewise wasted, I would absolutely support that.

And if in turn Susan G Komen tried to use dead people as political props to shut up valid criticism, I would comsider them ghouls who don’t give a shit about the dead, and are shamelessly dishonoring their memory.
I still want to know when they will wear a brown ribbon for colon cancer. :shrug

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Yeah, I am aware of this as my wife is a breast cancer survivor. I refuse to have anything to do with the pink ribbons (that she actually ripped off from someone else). I just didn't have the energy to go down that road.

Still, I'm not going to a start throwing away pink ribbons at a memorial. That would just be stupid. Watch how you wash away other people's sand castles, they are real to them.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Like I said before, He says things that make us all cringe. Everything you listed except for something that happened in the 70's are claims of things he reportedly said.
So dozens of people across 40+years are all lying. Again, at some point you are just stubbornly not believing what is obvious. People didn't say this stuff about Romney, they didn't say this about McCain, they didn't say this stuff about Bush (though Rove certainly was shady as fuck and race baited like a champ), or Bush Sr. Trump is not being painted this way because he's a Republican. There is/was criticism of conservative policy as being implicitly racist but Trump is personally being painted as a bigot because there is overwhelming evidence that he is.

What has he actually done.
Well, there's the Muslim ban. There is the fucking shitty approach to helping Puerto Rico as well as his behavior towards our citizens there. Ask any Peurto Rican what they think of him. There is the awful approach to immigration policy. Separating children from their parents (which is his admin's policy, not a law passed by Democrats, that's a lie). There's the wall which is an expensive boondoggle which is essentially useless as anything but a symbol to show brown people they are not wanted.

Hell, Obama did more than say things to show his racism and hatred for police and this country and yet leftist ate that stuff up like it was candy.
Well there was the beer summit when he rashly criticized the police for arresting his personal friend for trying to break into his own house. How would you feel if you were a black man in America? You think you would maybe see this issue a little differently? That being said, he apologized for his initial reaction and tried his best to smooth things over. I think he did an amazing job to never take the bait and accuse anyone of treating him differently because he was black. He acted with a ton of dignity. That's what people ate up.

Calling Obama a racist is pretty pathetic. I mean it really, really stretches the bounds of credibility. I understand Fox News fills people brains with this filth. However, it just doesn't hold water. Nobody with any credibility says that.

And he lied directly to people's faces all the time, yet he is adored and worshiped by the left. Not saying you, but the left including most minorities and yet, racist.
That simply isn't true. He was wrong about the "if you like your doctor thing." He got excoriated for it. It was even called the "lie of the year." However, the initial regs of the ACA allowed this to be the case but it got axed in committee and so he was wrong. Perhaps he should have known it was wrong and then it was a lie. He did apologize for it publically. To make some sort of false equivalence to the current jackass in the White House is just ridiculous. Politicians lie a lot and are wrong even more. That being said, the difference in our last two Presidents in night and day. Hell even our last 6 Presidents before Trump were vastly more honest and there are some enormous whoppers there (Iran-Contra, no new taxes, Monica-gate, WMDs, keep your doctor).

So respectfully I'll ask you again, what in deed, has he actually done, that actually indicates he's a racist that wasn't 40 years ago. Because it seems his actions since he became president completely counter the argument. And after years of actual race baiting by half the people in the Obama administration, Sharpton, Jackson, MLB and others of that genre, and since the left throw out the word racist now to pretty much anyone that disagrees with them or makes a comment they dislike, the bar is set higher for most with common sense now than ever. And just to be clear, more and more black community leaders are supporting him all the time sooooo yeah, racist. Hey notice I wrote a complete paragraph and didn't have to curse or insult you once?
Jeez, you're simply too far gone. You're so stuck in your bubble. You watch your Fox News which pre-packages whatever disastrously stupid remark the President says with the banner "ignorant commie lefties triggered by innocent Trump remarks about white supremacists being fine people." Unfortunately you lack the presence of mind to know you're watching propaganda and not news. It's sad. You believe what you want to believe not what the truth is.

I hope you mature enough to regret your support for this guy in time. I hope you grow out of your extreme partisanship. The truth is somewhere in the middle and that's where we should be headed as a country.

Top Bottom