boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Bucky Brooks' 10 rookie-team fits

Sam Williams
Mississippi · Edge
Dallas Cowboys
Drafted: No. 56 overall (Round 2)

The ultra-explosive pass rusher from Ole Miss is exactly what the Cowboys need in the rotation to replace some of the energy and disruption that left the building when Randy Gregory signed with the Broncos. Williams is a productive sack artist with a resumé that features impressive numbers at the JUCO and collegiate levels, including a 12.5-sack effort last season against SEC competition as a pass-rushing freak in a three-man scheme. If coordinator Dan Quinn can carve out a role for Williams to maximize his athleticism and pass-rushing talents as a "super-sub" off the Cowboys' bench, complementing Micah Parsons and Demarcus Lawrence, the rookie will add another dimension to a defense that could overwhelm opponents with its collective speed and athleticism.

p1_

DCC 4Life
From Bucky Brooks' 10 rookie-team fits

Sam Williams
Mississippi · Edge
Dallas Cowboys
Drafted: No. 56 overall (Round 2)

The ultra-explosive pass rusher from Ole Miss is exactly what the Cowboys need in the rotation to replace some of the energy and disruption that left the building when Randy Gregory signed with the Broncos. Williams is a productive sack artist with a resumé that features impressive numbers at the JUCO and collegiate levels, including a 12.5-sack effort last season against SEC competition as a pass-rushing freak in a three-man scheme. If coordinator Dan Quinn can carve out a role for Williams to maximize his athleticism and pass-rushing talents as a "super-sub" off the Cowboys' bench, complementing Micah Parsons and Demarcus Lawrence, the rookie will add another dimension to a defense that could overwhelm opponents with its collective speed and athleticism.
Parsons and Williams unleashed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

CHAMP BOY

Not So New Member
Sam William is very quick off the edge and he has quick feet to go back inside of the tackle when he is rushing to the quarterback. I believe he will be able to start mid part of the season because he will learn to set the edge. He should be good against the run, he has the height and weight, he just need to learn the fundamentals of being blocked too high and use those 33 and half inches of arms. Honestly, they need Demarcus Ware to help Sam Williams and Tyler Smith to understand the rules of pass rushing. Well, they also need Tyron to help both of them as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McGinn old man grumpy scout:

SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE
Sam Williams, Mississippi:
Has been charged with sexual battery on two different occasions but each time charges were dropped. The university suspended him for two months in summer 2020 after one of the arrests. In high school, he was kicked out of school for an incident in which a knife was involved. Williams (6-3 ½, 258, 4.56) scored 21 on the Wonderlic and had 12 ½ sacks in ’21, including an impressive performance against Alabama LT Evan Neal. One team removed him from its draft board. “He’s got second- or third-round ability,” said one scout. “But he has the worst intangibles ever.”

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
McGinn old man grumpy scout:

SCOUTS’ NIGHTMARE
Sam Williams, Mississippi:
Has been charged with sexual battery on two different occasions but each time charges were dropped. The university suspended him for two months in summer 2020 after one of the arrests. In high school, he was kicked out of school for an incident in which a knife was involved. Williams (6-3 ½, 258, 4.56) scored 21 on the Wonderlic and had 12 ½ sacks in ’21, including an impressive performance against Alabama LT Evan Neal. One team removed him from its draft board. “He’s got second- or third-round ability,” said one scout. “But he has the worst intangibles ever.”

Two different occasions of sexual assault? I thought it was only the one?

The knife thing sounds like wrong place wrong time. Kind of misleading to put it the way this write up put it.

Who knows with this type of stuff. Hopefully there's nothing else regardless.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I googled to see how long a rapist can go between rapes. Not too much info out there. Let's hope he can go 8 years this time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The knife thing sounds like wrong place wrong time. Kind of misleading to put it the way this write up put it.

Here is my thing about checkered pasts with these kids. If the scouting was in-depth and the coach has a connection, then let's go.

It is definitely a roll of the dice to take any player with that kind of baggage for the Cowboys, we all know this.

It is a bit odd that we basically threw Quinn a pretty sizeable bone and this was his guy.

Hopefully this is not another Trysten Hill situation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I googled to see how long a rapist can go between rapes. Not too much info out there. Let's hope he can go 8 years this time.
He just needs to go four years, no rape. He needs to play through his rookie contract and play his ass off. But he can't get too good though, because that could make the cap confusing. Then let him leave in free agency for a comp pick two or three rounds lower than what you invested in him. Then he can go rape anyone he wants.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This guy actually has talent and produced. It's not Hill who honestly wasn't that good in college. What did he have, 2 sacks?
It wasn't just the sacks. It was how he literally drove coaches crazy. I just don't get what the deal Marinelli had for him.

That doesn't sound to be the case with Williams.

I will put it to you this way. I like the defensive picks we have made with Quinn around far more than Marinelli. Just in one draft, easily lapped his ass.

But that stated, we are drafting guys at the whim of a coach. I don't know if that is the best approach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I can't seem to find anything about the other one. Hell you can't even find details about what he was alleged to have done. Sexual assault is a very broad term. Like are we talking Watson flipping his dick out accusations or are we talking about raping a girl.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But that stated, we are drafting guys at the whim of a coach. I don't know if that is the best approach.
Except Wright, I still hate that pick. I think the scouts at least back the talent with Sam Williams. Hell most people acknowledge the guys talent. But the words sexual assault are enough to freak a person out even if it was dropped. Goes to show you how an allegation can ruin a persons life. Wright on the other hand was some off the wall guy Quinn fell in love with. Not sure anyone else agreed.

Top Bottom