2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
If Quinn wants Wright, he can have his spare ass for nothing. Nobody else would want him and I'm sure we'll cut him. Zim is a corner guy... He probably saw three minutes of film and asked WTF was this guy on the roster.
Quinn ought to compensate us for the huge overvaluation on draft day .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quinn ought to compensate us for the huge overvaluation on draft day .
The problem is these pet cats he had here, he never thought enough of to play much. So does he even like them anymore? He thought the world to draft Sam Williams, just couldn't miss out on him. But does he even like the guy anymore? He made him like the fifth DE here. Wright always made the roster but he never played until everyone else got hurt.

So in the end I don't know if Quinn really wants the guys that he convinced the team to draft. Wright is trash. I still at least have hope that a new Dline coach and Dcoordinator can have a different perspective on Sam Williams. I'm not sure what other pet cats Quinn had here. Maybe Bell, but I still like him as a safety here. He just isn't a LBer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has really become the company line. So and so just needs to step up. But that feels a little like blind faith unless the player last year gave them a reason for that belief or hope. And in this case other than maybe Overshown, these guys had their chances and didn't flash shit in my opinion. Unless Fehoko has bulked up to play 3 tech, I see no hope for the guy being more than maybe the fifth DE on the roster. Schoonmaker will continue to get his chance, but #2 TE is such a back burner position in my mind. And Mazi, he has been hurt, the blind faith with him is kind of crazy to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This has really become the company line. So and so just needs to step up. But that feels a little like blind faith unless the player last year gave them a reason for that belief or hope. And in this case other than maybe Overshown, these guys had their chances and didn't flash shit in my opinion. Unless Fehoko has bulked up to play 3 tech, I see no hope for the guy being more than maybe the fifth DE on the roster. Schoonmaker will continue to get his chance, but #2 TE is such a back burner position in my mind. And Mazi, he has been hurt, the blind faith with him is kind of crazy to me.
It bothers me because they chose that class last year. They chose players ill suited for the roles they were to fill or they had no plan at all for them.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It bothers me because they chose that class last year. They chose players ill suited for the roles they were to fill or they had no plan at all for them.
I think Schoon was just a bad evaluation. They thought he was more than he is. Which is fine, he will have a nondescript career as a number 2 TE and it will be a wasted pick.

Mazi is the biggest head scratcher. They drafted this big, massive NT type to stop the run. They then proceeded to try and have him slim down (I'll die on the hill that this was the teams decision) and it just feels like the plan for Mazi made no sense from the start. Or maybe he sucked and they were trying to figure out any way to fix that. But I almost feel like they were trying to turn him into more of a "Quinn" type DT, as opposed to what he is.

Overshown got hurt. I know the team loved him and we will just wait and see on that one.

Fehoko was a pet cat pick in my book. I never liked him. Just felt like another DE/DT tweener who wasn't really going to be that good at either spot. I guess the plan was to redshirt him. And now that the redshirt is over I'm not sure he has a role or fit under the new defensive scheme. I hope he is pushing 300 pounds because that might be his best chance to see the field. That's a lot of weight to add for him.

Bonus player is Eric Scott Jr. since we traded this year's fifth to get him. No harm in a year of development for a pick that late, but when Carson beats him out I don't know where he goes from there. Other than special teams and the bottom of the corner depth chart.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The problem is these pet cats he had here, he never thought enough of to play much. So does he even like them anymore? He thought the world to draft Sam Williams, just couldn't miss out on him. But does he even like the guy anymore? He made him like the fifth DE here. Wright always made the roster but he never played until everyone else got hurt.

So in the end I don't know if Quinn really wants the guys that he convinced the team to draft. Wright is trash. I still at least have hope that a new Dline coach and Dcoordinator can have a different perspective on Sam Williams. I'm not sure what other pet cats Quinn had here. Maybe Bell, but I still like him as a safety here. He just isn't a LBer.
He’s signed more than one of our FAs didn’t he?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Outside of Mazi I actually don't agree with this (depending on what your definition of success is).

Obviously they need Mazi to at least not be a trainwreck, but the rest (including Overshown) they could get by without.

It would be better and things would be easier if they each step up, but they'd get by either way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Outside of Mazi I actually don't agree with this (depending on what your definition of success is).

Obviously they need Mazi to at least not be a trainwreck, but the rest (including Overshown) they could get by without.

It would be better and things would be easier if they each step up, but they'd get by either way.
that draft class is looking very shaky at the moment. I need to see something from several players to not be concerned.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Our LBer group is really young. It is nice to have at least one guy in the group who has been elite. Maybe he can at least show these young guys the way a little.
really young and inexperienced group. Thank God for Kendricks and Wilson.

Top Bottom