2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well lets just hope he isn't the next Randy Gregory...

These special numbers, I swear the team loves to do this. As though having 88 is going to make you the next great Cowboys receiver or having 94 is going to make you the next great pass rusher. Just let these kids pick their own numbers.

I'm assuming they are picking their own numbers aren't they?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm assuming they are picking their own numbers aren't they?
I don't know, I know Lamb had 88 picked for him.

If Kneeland picked 94 because he was a big DWare fan or Charle Haley fan than I say props to him for knowing those guys. But something tells me the team gave him that number as a "You're the next great Cowboys DE"

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know, I know Lamb had 88 picked for him.

If Kneeland picked 94 because he was a big DWare fan or Charle Haley fan than I say props to him for knowing those guys. But something tells me the team gave him that number as a "You're the next great Cowboys DE"

Have they forced a number on a guy other than the 88? I can't remember.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have they forced a number on a guy other than the 88? I can't remember.
I'm honestly not sure. I don't remember how Randy Gregory ended up with 94. Obviously it seemed somewhat intentional as Demarcus Ware had left Dallas not long before.

But in the end I'd love to see Kneeland live up to the legacy of Ware and Haley.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll get nothing and like it.
I appreciate the people who think we have some big plans to upgrade this team this offseason. There is no plan. Maybe the Skins call us and Dan Quinn wants Wright or something like that but you'll see shit like that go down right before final roster cut down. Until then, the roster you see is going to be the roster you get.

These guys are not trying to spend money or win the Superbowl this year. They are trying to spend as little money as possible while making as much money as possible.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I appreciate the people who think we have some big plans to upgrade this team this offseason. There is no plan. Maybe the Skins call us and Dan Quinn wants Wright or something like that but you'll see shit like that go down right before final roster cut down. Until then, the roster you see is going to be the roster you get.

These guys are not trying to spend money or win the Superbowl this year. They are trying to spend as little money as possible while making as much money as possible.
It's the American Way. /solemn nod

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I appreciate the people who think we have some big plans to upgrade this team this offseason. There is no plan. Maybe the Skins call us and Dan Quinn wants Wright or something like that but you'll see shit like that go down right before final roster cut down.
If Quinn wants Wright, he can have his spare ass for nothing. Nobody else would want him and I'm sure we'll cut him. Zim is a corner guy... He probably saw three minutes of film and asked WTF was this guy on the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Quinn wants Wright, he can have his spare ass for nothing. Nobody else would want him and I'm sure we'll cut him. Zim is a corner guy... He probably saw three minutes of film and asked WTF was this guy on the roster.
If Wright makes the roster it's because Fossil wants him for special teams. He shouldn't even make the corner depth chart.

Top Bottom