2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
People are idiots. I don't 100% believe it, and even if true it's probably missing some context. But if it's true as stated there's absolutely no defending it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
People are idiots. I don't 100% believe it, and even if true it's probably missing some context. But if it's true as stated there's absolutely no defending it.
This is my bet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The idea that Goof Son can make anybody “squirm” while conducting trade talk is laughable. Goddamn stupid asses.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So Ben Johnson turns down Washington. Still 2 jobs open. Mike Macdonald should get one if he wants it. If he takes Washington job Quinn back in play for Seattle. Or maybe even Washington if Macdonald chooses Seattle.

Ben Johnson staying in Detroit may have led to DQ getting a head job. And us getting a new DC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Ben Johnson turns down Washington. Still 2 jobs open. Mike Macdonald should get one if he wants it. If he takes Washington job Quinn back in play for Seattle. Or maybe even Washington if Macdonald chooses Seattle.

Ben Johnson staying in Detroit may have led to DQ getting a head job. And us getting a new DC.
Wasn't he the shoe in for the Washington job? I guess he decided that it was better to stay a coordinator for another year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wasn't he the shoe in for the Washington job? I guess he decided that it was better to stay a coordinator for another year.
The local beat people had been saying Ben Johnson was a foregone conclusion for weeks. They had been saying similar things about Peters leading up to his hire so I assumed they were right, but here we are.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
According to Shefter his asking price was a big obstacle, which has been the rumor for months.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In a stunning reversal, Jerry pins Stephen to the wall in a power play over signing a high price FA.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

To his credit he's saying the right things, we need to be better stopping the run, running it ourselves, and being physical upfront on both sides of the LOS.

Now, will they actually do something about it? More than the usual slop we get in FA year in and year out while relying wholly on the draft?

Probably not.

p1_

DCC 4Life

To his credit he's saying the right things, we need to be better stopping the run, running it ourselves, and being physical upfront on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
Don’t buy the bullshit, don’t fall for the banana in the tailpipe Jerry’s pimpin.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
According to Shefter his asking price was a big obstacle, which has been the rumor for months.

That's pretty crazy if true. What, is he going to ask for less money next year?

The Lions are just as likely to fall off a bit and his name not be nearly so hot.

Top Bottom