2024 Cowboys Draft Grades

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beebe ends up starting at some point but is way more Connor McGovern or Connor Williams than Zach Martin.
Well that's a pretty big range. I think it's an easy projection to say he is better than the Connor's but worse than an all time future HOFer. Way better player than the Connors by the way. In every way possible. But Zach is an all timer, I don't expect that even in a first round pick.

He is actually my favorite player in this class. High floor and high ceiling in my book.

You could be right on Kneeland. I see him as a similar player to what Lawrence is now but probably never as good of a pass rusher as Lawrence was at his peak.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You could be right on Kneeland. I see him as a similar player to what Lawrence is now but probably never as good of a pass rusher as Lawrence was at his peak.
Frankly I'd rather have a powerful guy at this point who occasionally gets to the QB but nearly always shuts down the run to complement our undersized pure pass rushers

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please.

Hoffman carries at least the first two preseason games as the “starter”.
This is true. Beebe will start on the second team. I hope they don't even fuck around though and put him at guard. Just start right now with him at center and never move him. Honestly, I'd work with Bass at center and guard as well. That way he can be your backup center/guard on game day. If nothing else, I want us to leave this draft with a badass offensive line for the next 4 years. The rest of the offense might blow but maybe we can get this part right.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is true. Beebe will start on the second team. I hope they don't even fuck around though and put him at guard. Just start right now with him at center and never move him. Honestly, I'd work with Bass at center and guard as well. That way he can be your backup center/guard on game day. If nothing else, I want us to leave this draft with a badass offensive line for the next 4 years. The rest of the offense might blow but maybe we can get this part right.
Beebe can start all five positions on the line in the same game. I don’t know why you are making this difficult.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Beebe can start all five positions on the line in the same game. I don’t know why you are making this difficult.
Beebe enters the building better than Bass and Hoffman.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Chad Reuter, NFL.com
Grade: A-
Gaining a third-round pick in a move down the board and still landing a starting tackle made for a successful Thursday night for Dallas. Kneeland and Beebe should prove to be excellent values, while Liufau will be a solid addition to the middle of the Cowboys’ defense. The Notre Dame ‘backer was picked a bit early for my taste, though.

“In Round 5, Dallas added Carson, a versatile corner/safety who was considered a Day 2 prospect near the start of last season. Flournoy has the tools to make the squad his rookie year. The Cowboys did not take a running back with any of their eight picks, leaving a sizable hole on their roster they’ll still need to fill this offseason. Dallas had four picks within the top 90 selections, but were without a fourth-rounder, having sent theirs to San Francisco last August for Trey Lance. That investment could work out quite well if the former No. 3 overall pick is able to find his game at the pro level.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Please.

Please.

____

Just saving you some time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brugler:

10. Dallas Cowboys
RD.PICKPLAYERPOS.SCHOOL
129Tyler GuytonOTOklahoma
256Marshawn KneelandEdgeWestern Michigan
373Cooper BeebeGKansas State
387Marist LiufauLBNotre Dame
5174Caelen CarsonCBWake Forest
6216Ryan FlournoyWR
SE Missouri State
7233Nathan ThomasOTLouisiana
7244Justin RogersDTAuburn
Favorite pick: Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan

I’m surprised the Cowboys didn’t draft a running back, but I really like most of the eight selections they did make. With picks 29, 56 and 73, respectively, Dallas drafted my No. 27 (Tyler Guyton), No. 32 (Kneeland) and No. 38 (Cooper Beebe) overall prospects. Kneeland is an impressive athlete at 270 pounds and rushes with balance and heavy hands. Pass rusher was an underrated need for the Cowboys entering the draft, and they landed an ascending player with his best football ahead of him.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest

The Cowboys have one of the NFL’s best starting corner duos in DaRon Bland and Trevon Diggs (who is coming off major injury). But depth is a major question mark, so Carson could see meaningful defensive snaps as a rookie. My 102nd-ranked player (drafted at No. 174), he is a solid athlete with high football IQ and inside-outside versatility.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dallas Cowboys

RD/PKNAMEPOS#SCHOOL
1/29Tyler GuytonOT8Oklahoma
2/56Marshawn KneelandEDGE6Western Michigan
3/73Cooper BeebeG3Kansas State
3/87Marist LiufauLB4Notre Dame
5/174Caelen CarsonCB25Wake Forest
6/216Ryan FlournoyWR31
Southeast Missouri State
7/233Nathan ThomasOT27Louisiana
7/244Justin RogersDT23Auburn

Those itching for the Cowboys to show greater urgency found no relief. Dallas traded down from the 24th slot, netting tackle Tyler Guyton at 29 and guard Cooper Beebe with the third-round pick Detroit sent in the exchange.

“They’ve got their dogs and playmakers already,” an exec said. “They solidified the trenches a little bit, and I can’t fault what they have done.”

The slide from 24 to 29 removed one tackle from the menu for Dallas, as Green Bay used the 25th choice for Jordan Morgan. Dallas would surely rather have Guyton and Beebe than the alternative.

“I actually liked Guyton better than Morgan because he’s bigger, he’s longer and he’s got more upside,” an exec said.

Morgan was the seventh tackle selected. Guyton was the eighth, setting a record for Round 1.

One exec compared second-round defensive lineman Marshawn Kneeland to Robert Geathers, who was with the Bengals when Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer coordinated Cincinnati’s defense.

“He is better as an interior rusher than he is as an outside guy,” this exec said of Kneeland. “He is not like Danielle Hunter or Everson Griffen or any of those guys, but he can be a good piece.”

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
That's what they want us to think but I don't agree or believe that.

They couldn't afford a couple million for Hankins and 4 or 5 million for a serviceable RB?

There's zero chance that's true.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they should be blowing $15-20+ million on an outside FA.

But there's no reason they couldn't have found some change under the couch cushions to plug a few holes.

Regardless of what internal contracts are coming up.

Oh boy.
Hankins? LOL

Championship!!

Change under a cushion? Thats not what Im talking about.

And now huge internal contracts dont matter? Yah ok.

Im also not defending anything they did. Im talking about in Jerrys mind. A monkey could run this franchise better than Jerry.

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
Belichick is 72 in case you're not aware. He ain't signing for 7 years, nor would I want to sign him for 7 years.
Bellicheck hater? The number of years wasnt the point. He certainly wont sign for 2. Were you a Garrett apologist? maybe you would rather have another 10 years of Garrett or another 3 or 4 of MM?

Belli is the only guy that could come in and have a chance to fix this country club nonsense.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Whoa An Active DCCer
Well that's a pretty big range. I think it's an easy projection to say he is better than the Connor's but worse than an all time future HOFer. Way better player than the Connors by the way. In every way possible. But Zach is an all timer, I don't expect that even in a first round pick.

He is actually my favorite player in this class. High floor and high ceiling in my book.

Beebe is a complete stud. He everything those two softies were not. Tough and mean.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bellicheck hater? The number of years wasnt the point. He certainly wont sign for 2. Were you a Garrett apologist? maybe you would rather have another 10 years of Garrett or another 3 or 4 of MM?

Belli is the only guy that could come in and have a chance to fix this country club nonsense.
Atlanta refused to hire him because he would likely push back. I do not believe Jerry Jones, nor his idiot child, want to walk on egg shells again.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Are you retarded? What about anything I said has anything to do with what you are accusing me of?

First, I happen to think Belichick is one of the best ever.

Second, and by far most important, don't EVER fucking assume I'm a Garrett lover. That's such dumb fucking logic based on what I said it sours our entire conversation.

So congrats. You took what could have been an interesting conversation and pissed all over it.

Top Bottom