2023 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Jets @ Cowboys | 9/17/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He should, but why would we want to stop these things from escalating every week?

Apparently that's too strict a punishment.

The point is, it's already a crime. Manslaughter IS A CRIME. And being a felony didn't actually help prevent this, did it?

It sucks and it's a tragedy and it's fucked up.

That doesn't mean we should cut hands off for shoplifting a pack of gum.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, arrest him and put him on trial for the actual crime he committed.
Yeah, if dude murdered a guy, I'd say he is going to get a pretty legit prison sentence.

If you really want to stop this stuff from happening, ban drinking at the game or at tailgates outside of the game. I promise you that will reduce the number of fights.

Of course that would reduce revenue, ticket sales, and the fun of going to a game. But it would be a hell of a lot more impactful than creating some special law or punishment for these fights.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I doubt they will ever ban alcohol from stadiums, or their parking lots. Too much money in sales and advertising would be lost.

But maybe they need to stiffen up a bit. Not so much in the law side of the action, because they have no say there. And they shouldn't. But maybe along the lines of forfeiture of season tickets if involved in a physical altercation. Or lifetime banishment from the premises. It might not stop this crap completely, but it might make some people think twice about if they want to act like an asshole, they may never be able to see their favorite team play in person again. At least not in their home stadium, anyway. Or they could possibly institute a league wide ban.

And it might make Pops think twice about letting their little douchebag son use the season tickets that have been in the family for 60 years if he's gonna invite his thrug friends and get the tickets stripped from the family.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, if dude murdered a guy, I'd say he is going to get a pretty legit prison sentence.

If you really want to stop this stuff from happening, ban drinking at the game or at tailgates outside of the game. I promise you that will reduce the number of fights.

Of course that would reduce revenue, ticket sales, and the fun of going to a game. But it would be a hell of a lot more impactful than creating some special law or punishment for these fights.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom