2023 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Jets @ Cowboys | 9/17/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Another component of the offense that stood out to me is the amount of times that Dak handed the ball off then sprinted out to the edge as if he still had the ball on a read option. Basically providing a little extra eye candy to potentially hold the Safeties and LBs for an extra beat or two.

Peyton Manning used to do the same thing.

This is the first time I can remember the Cowboys using it this much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Making my final pass over the game, stuck now late in the 2nd Q, 10-7 nice drive and the 3rd and 7 incompletion to Lamb was negated by a foul called on a Franklin-Myers after Steele kind up drug him backwards into Prescott.

We got that call, It was very picky.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Then the PI on call on Tolbert was surprising we got it even though we chose to enforce the personal foul hit on Clemons. That was a pretty pivotal series considering how we struggled in the red zone the rest of the game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Making my final pass over the game, stuck now late in the 2nd Q, 10-7 nice drive and the 3rd and 7 incompletion to Lamb was negated by a foul called on a Franklin-Myers after Steele kind up drug him backwards into Prescott.

We got that call, It was very picky.
I just got done watching the all-22 with a focus on the OL and Steele was really poor in pass protection, that play included. He was put on skates or directly on his ass several times with bull rushes or speed to power and just seemed off balance most of the game. He was generally solid in the run game though.

Tyron on the other hand was just straight up stonewalling Jermaine Johnson and Carl Lawson all game, he looked like prime Tyron out there.

I also have to give Edoga plenty of credit, as well as Bass to a lesser extent since the game was mostly in hand after about a series of Bass playing. It was clear that part of their game plan was to line Williams up directly over Edoga in clear passing situations and he generally held up well. Struggled a bit in the run game but you can live with that.

Bass obviously had a bit tougher time but did well enough, he already looks like he has a nice feel for combo blocks and how to work with his teammates in terms of the spacing/timing in the run game. Definitely has future starter potential.

I'm very curious to see what this OL looks like with Tyler back because he's probably our 3rd best OL overall and adding that power next to Tyron on the interior will be intriguing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It is so nice seeing actual receiver routes finally being utilized.
Latest trends actually being adopted and executed well. When was the last time we saw that in Dallas? Never?

This is the benefit of Schottenheimer and McCarthy who’ve seen 30-40 years of football evolution coaching with some of the best.

Garrett, Moore, literally could not bring that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am closing this thread because it is bad luck to still be talking about last week past the following Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom