2023 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Jets @ Cowboys | 9/17/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Is it understandable that they basically censored the injury?

We got Joe Theismann's leg snapped in half.

I dunno man.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
was it a compound fracture? it didn't look that bad and he wasn't writhing in pain.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You can see why these guys want their guaranteed money now. You take an injury like that for an organization and you have to be taken care of.
Yeah and you see what price Chubb paid.

Go for the gusto.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
This is why players are pushing more and more for fully guaranteed contracts.
I think they could make it happen, but not at current market value. The contracts have gotten beyond crazy at this point. You're not going to talk people into giving you more money than your grandchildren can spend and not be sure you will be there to fulfill your end of the bargain.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think they could make it happen, but not at current market value. The contracts have gotten beyond crazy at this point. You're not going to talk people into giving you more money than your grandchildren can spend and not be sure you will be there to fulfill your end of the bargain.
Well when you think about equity and generational wealth, the majority of the owners are insanely rich.

The whole gladiator analogy does apply.

I feel for the players I watched growing up that are fucked up physically and mentally now and they got paid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom