2023 Season | Week 18 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Commanders | 1/7/2024

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bass is a good player. I also don't blame him for the missed block while the defender held him badly so he couldn't switch. I think that was the ball that was batted if I remember correctly.
It was a well-disguised move that should have been called and one Bass has now officially learned about. I chalk it up to experience and believe a veteran like Martin would have known to watch out for and counter it.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is still a dork that we wasted a draft pick on. The only charm is that we realized it in one training camp.
Well that is improvement in itself.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Much harder to admit to a mistake made in first round than one made in the sixth.

Imagine the embarrassment of making what could be the worst pick of the 2023 first round.

Also imagine the embarrassment of cheering that pick.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The embarrassment of making the worst pick of the first round? No such thing. Just another made up bullshit thing to try and push an agenda.

Quick. No using google now… Who suffers the embarrassment of making the worst pick in the ‘22 first round? How about the ‘21 first round? Here’s a toughie… How about on ‘16? Don’t know? Like I said…. No such thing. Good picks are made every year. Just like bad picks are. By every team.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
The embarrassment of making the worst pick of the first round? No such thing. Just another made up bullshit thing to try and push an agenda.

Quick. No using google now… Who suffers the embarrassment of making the worst pick in the ‘22 first round? How about the ‘21 first round? Here’s a toughie… How about on ‘16? Don’t know? Like I said…. No such thing. Good picks are made every year. Just like bad picks are. By every team.
An agenda? :lol

The idea or belief that Mazi sucks and has been pushed around all year and was a terrible first round draft pick is hardly up for debate.

Whether he can improve enough to justify draft position in seasons to come is the argument.

Count me as extremely doubtful.

I'd say his upside at this point is somewhere between Trystan Hill and Carlos Watkins.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
An agenda? :lol

The idea or belief that Mazi sucks and has been pushed around all year and was a terrible first round draft pick is hardly up for debate.

Whether he can improve enough to justify draft position in seasons to come is the argument.

Count me as extremely doubtful.

I'd say his upside at this point is somewhere between Trystan Hill and Carlos Watkins.
I’m not defending Mazi. I’m saying the over dramatization and making shit up is retarded.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’m not defending Mazi. I’m saying the over dramatization and making shit up is retarded.
Every team drafts busts in the first and every round. We've gotta move on and look at the whole picture.

I'm much more pissed that we basically ignore top tier FA's every year.

Yes I'm glad we traded for Cooks and Gilmore, but we also missed (twice) on Dalvin Tomlinson. The missed opportunity to get him or a capable player at his position caused us to reach for Mazi instead of letting the draft come to us which is when we are at our best.

For example, Indy has a $20 million decision to make on DeForest Buckner next year. I'd love to snap that guy up and have him end his career in Dallas.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I'm as negative on Mazi as anyone, but if you look at the last four years since Mike got here it's CeeDee, Micah, Tyler, and him. That's three first team All-Pro type players in four years.

And CeeDee and Micah will probably be named All-Pro this year. I bet Tyler will be next year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Armstrong and Lawrence narrating a Schoonmun pancake, does it get any better?

p1_

DCC 4Life
He is still a dork that we wasted a draft pick on. The only charm is that we realized it in one training camp.
he's a regular among some dudes named DaRon Payne and Jonathan Allen.

Top Bottom