2023 Season | Week 13 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 11/30/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Oh, and McCarthy must've went brain dead on 3rd and 3 on the last drive. I get wanting to be aggressive but that's just flat out dumb in that spot and he's lucky the defense saved his ass.

If the Seahawks had :30 instead of 1:10 left when they had the ball at midfield it's a completely different game, and you're mostly relegated to Hail Mary type plays. Passing the ball in that situation was borderline negligence.

Between these odd little game management decisions (going for it on 4th repeatedly all game, but especially right after the Bland INT) and the excessive penalties that have been a mainstay ever since he got here, can't say I love our chances on the road in the playoffs.

Stoneman

Whoa An Active DCCer
Overall I'm not too worried about the defense since this seemed like one of those games where they're not totally locked in because they've been getting praised for a month, but I do worry about our CB's against tall/physical WR's. Diggs is a legit 6-2 with length, the rest of our guys are kinda smallish and it showed tonight against Metcalf, I worry it'll show against Brown too.

With all that said, the first TD was pretty flukey and most of their damage came from Geno hitting quick hitting 5-7 yarders similar to what Howell was doing last week. I thought Bland was kinda shitty in the first half last week but the pick-6 covered it up, then tonight everything just went haywire.

But it was important to tough out some wins late in games, you can't go into the playoffs barely playing tight games in the 4th all year. I don't think we have much of a chance to win the division with the Eagles pulling out all these BS wins by the skin of their teeth, so I don't know how important a win it is in the grand scheme of playoff seeding, but having to gut out some games will serve them well in the playoffs.

We basically clinched the 5 seed at the absolute least though, so that's something.
Winning is hugely important for seeding. If Philly loses to San Fran this weekend (and there is a solid chance for that), then the 'Boys have the division and the NFC top seed in their own destiny. And as we've seen this year and in years past with this team, home field advantage is huge. If they can get that this year, it's going to be something they haven't had in a long, long time.

shane

DCC 4Life
Absolutely. With the defense playing like complete shit, he put the team on his back tonight.

Also, Lamb, Turd, and Cooks had really nice games. These 4 are turning into a very nice passing attack.
Transition Tolbert into the 3rd WR role and if they stay healthy, that is going to be a terrifying offense in the postseason even with a somewhat lackluster Running game.

vtcowboy

Winning is hugely important for seeding. If Philly loses to San Fran this weekend (and there is a solid chance for that), then the 'Boys have the division and the NFC top seed in their own destiny. And as we've seen this year and in years past with this team, home field advantage is huge. If they can get that this year, it's going to be something they haven't had in a long, long time.
Dallas still won’t control its own destiny in that scenario. They’d both be 10-3 but if they both win out from there, Philly will win on conference record tiebreaker.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think between Kearse, Donovan and Hooker were back to mediocre to bad safety play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dallas still won’t control its own destiny in that scenario. They’d both be 10-3 but if they both win out from there, Philly will win on conference record tiebreaker.
I mean if all 3 top teams in the NFC are 10-3 I'm not going to pretend to know how the tie breaker works out. But I doubt all 3 teams are going 4-0 the rest of the way. To basically be in a 3 way tie for that top seed gives us a good chance going forward.

Ultimately we just need to keep winning and getting better. If that means the 5 seed so be it. This team beating the good teams on their schedule will hopefully give us a real chance in the playoffs regardless.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I mean if all 3 top teams in the NFC are 10-3 I'm not going to pretend to know how the tie breaker works out. But I doubt all 3 teams are going 4-0 the rest of the way. To basically be in a 3 way tie for that top seed gives us a good chance going forward.

Ultimately we just need to keep winning and getting better. If that means the 5 seed so be it. This team beating the good teams on their schedule will hopefully give us a real chance in the playoffs regardless.
The point is we basically need to win out and still would need help. From what I've read it is correct that even if we beat Philly they hold the tie breaker over us.

The division is still technically possible but it's bleak with Philly beating Buffalo and KC.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Post more, seriously.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
To all of you Dak haters...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Nice to see Dak playing so well. I’ve been a big critic, but he’s definitely playing lights out. Also, it was like watching one of Jimmy Johnson’s old teams with the jawing in your face shit last night. One thing I’ve hated about this team was the lack of the Fuck You, In Your Face Bitch attitude. Give it to Turd, he showed some big nuts last night, got up from some big hits to stick his middle finger up.
The run game is going to be an issue I believe in the playoffs. As well as Dak is playing, I’m just not sure you can go on the road and throw the ball 40 times a game and not expect something bad to happen. Pollard isn’t the answer. Dowdle looks good, but they won’t give the guy enough playing time to see what he can really do. Gotta be a Jones decision… McCarthy has always run his RBs with the hot hand. They seem intent on running Pollard no matter what.
I think the D was tired, and they made a couple key stops when they absolutely had to, but damn it was unnerving to see Seattle march up and down the field all night. Geno carved up the secondary pretty embarrassingly, and their fucking rookie roasted our guys a few times. Inexcusable, fatigued or not.
Are we for real? Seriously. Are we? We’ve beaten one team with a winning record, and that team hung 35 on us and we needed a bail out play from Micah to pull it off. A win is a win, but these next games coming up are going to tell us if the playoffs are going to be the same old same old, or a new chapter.
~runs off to take nervous shit~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is we basically need to win out and still would need help. From what I've read it is correct that even if we beat Philly they hold the tie breaker over us.

The division is still technically possible but it's bleak with Philly beating Buffalo and KC.
I wouldn't go so far as to say bleak. But our schedule after the Philly game is much harder than Philly's schedule. Philly after us has Seattle but than it is the Giants twice and Cards once. So yeah, pretty good chance they go 4-0 through that stretch. During the same stretch we have the Bills, Dolphins, Lions and Redskins. That's 3 really good teams.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wouldn't go so far as to say bleak. But our schedule after the Philly game is much harder than Philly's schedule. Philly after us has Seattle but than it is the Giants twice and Cards once. So yeah, pretty good chance they go 4-0 through that stretch. During the same stretch we have the Bills, Dolphins, Lions and Redskins. That's 3 really good teams.
I think the only silver lining there is Philly has had ridiculous luck in pulling games out of their ass. Either the luck continues all the way to a SB or they hit a rough patch and start evening out the lucky streak. About all we can hope for at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom